2015 - 2023 MUSTANG Discuss everything 2015-2023 S550 Mustang

Seen in person - All doubts dispelled

Search this Thread

Old 9/16/14, 09:48 AM
THE RED FLASH ------ Master-Moderator

Received 2,138 Likes on 1,719 Posts
Originally Posted by Boss 0960
Has not been an issue on my black F-150 or my wife's black Jeep Wrangler.
I'll definitely give it a try
Old 9/16/14, 10:00 AM

Originally Posted by IndustryLeech
For what it's worth, the grille is from the Evos concept and it trickled into the Fusion and Mustang.
Correct ! The grille is from the Evos concept, however according to the team mustang designers, the mustang grille has more of an aggressive appearance over the fusions grille in which they claim was inspired by the 67/68 Shelby GT500 front grille..
Old 9/16/14, 10:01 AM
Shelby GT350 Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Now this looks nice!
Attached Thumbnails Seen in person - All doubts dispelled-lincoln-1-640x346.jpg  
Old 9/16/14, 10:04 AM
Cobra Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by RedCandy5.0
Now this looks nice!
Old 9/16/14, 10:11 AM
2013 RR Boss 302 #2342

Received 2,252 Likes on 1,678 Posts
Now this looks nice!
Where behind the rincoln?
Old 9/16/14, 11:52 AM
FR500 Member

Received 118 Likes on 101 Posts
Call it a Cougar and be done with it.
Old 9/16/14, 05:16 PM
Super Boss Lawman Member

Received 212 Likes on 145 Posts
Originally Posted by TripleBlack14
add some sleek side pipes and a v12
Old 9/16/14, 08:27 PM
Bullitt Member

Originally Posted by m05fastbackGT
I'll definitely give it a try
Let me add this caveat. When I use the Ice Wax, I wax one particular section and give it a few minutes to dry. Then I wipe the wax off that section. I don't wax the entire vehicle at once then go back and wipe the wax off the whole vehicle. I don't let the Ice Wax sit on the vehicle for more than a few minutes. This may be (guessing) where your friends have experienced problems.

It dries quickly so by the time I'm done waxing a whole panel, it's usually ready to wipe off where I started that panel. For example, I start with the roof. If I start on the driver's side, by the time I'm done waxing the passenger side, the driver's side is already ready to wipe off. For smaller sections, if I do the front fascia, I'll continue on down the fender as well so that I'm waxing a large enough section to allow the wax to dry before I go back to my starting point.

This has worked very well for me. As a matter of fact, I have been voluntold to wax my wife's Jeep tomorrow. She specifically stated that she wants me to use the Ice Wax, not whatever other wax we have laying around from the pre-Ice Wax era.
Old 9/16/14, 10:03 PM

Let me add this caveat. When I use the Ice Wax, I wax one particular section and give it a few minutes to dry. Then I wipe the wax off that section. I don't wax the entire vehicle at once then go back and wipe the wax off the whole vehicle. I don't let the Ice Wax sit on the vehicle for more than a few minutes. This may be (guessing) where your friends have experienced problems.

It dries quickly so by the time I'm done waxing a whole panel, it's usually ready to wipe off where I started that panel. For example, I start with the roof. If I start on the driver's side, by the time I'm done waxing the passenger side, the driver's side is already ready to wipe off. For smaller sections, if I do the front fascia, I'll continue on down the fender as well so that I'm waxing a large enough section to allow the wax to dry before I go back to my starting point.

This has worked very well for me. As a matter of fact, I have been voluntold to wax my wife's Jeep tomorrow. She specifically stated that she wants me to use the Ice Wax, not whatever other wax we have laying around from the pre-Ice Wax era.
It's very possible the friend of mine waxed the entire car as you posted ? As he didn't mention what method he used..

As for myself, regardless of what products I've used when waxing my car, I always do one section at a time before moving onto the next..

I also wait for each section to dry and then go over with a microfiber towel before proceeding with the next section..

Like yourself, I start with the roof first and then proceed with the hood followed by the deck lid and then work down to the fenders, door panels, quarter panels and front/rear valences..

Seems like your very pleased with the Ice Wax and I'm very grateful for taking the time in posting each and every step you use when waxing your car as it just goes to show that you take a lot of pride in taking care of your Boss/Mustang..

In the meantime, I'll keep you posted and let you know my results as I'm sure that I will not be disappointed
Old 9/17/14, 06:33 AM
Legacy TMS Member

Received 781 Likes on 570 Posts
Originally Posted by TripleBlack14
Cougar I'll take two..... wait yer talking about the car, nevermind
Old 9/18/14, 04:31 PM
Bullitt Member

I gave the Boss a quick wash today since it had to spend a couple of weeks outside while the garage was loaded with construction material. Here is a quick photo of my Boss' rear panel and tail lights. Next month, the Boss will be two years old. All you can see when looking closely are the reflections of trees. There's not a scratch anywhere. I hope the photo shows up large enough to show this well.

Name:  7ee3665a-5081-4ab6-b818-d72154d4dd6b.jpg
Views: 30
Size:  50.2 KB
Old 9/18/14, 04:35 PM
Legacy TMS Member

Received 166 Likes on 141 Posts
I gave the Boss a quick wash today since it had to spend a couple of weeks outside while the garage was loaded with construction material. Here is a quick photo of my Boss' rear panel and tail lights. Next month, the Boss will be two years old. All you can see when looking closely are the reflections of trees. There's not a scratch anywhere. I hope the photo shows up large enough to show this well.
Take a pic in direct sunlight or under halogen lamps...then I'll be impressed.
Old 9/18/14, 05:30 PM
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I'm glad you posted that pic because it just solved a bit of a mystery for me. When I first got my V6 back in March I was driving home one evening and a man who lives not far from my neighborhood came up the road pretty quickly behind me. He has a late 70's Z28 that he has restored and modded. A pretty nice car all in all. Anyway he gets not far from the back end of my car and all of sudden puts the brakes on. I could see the nose of his car dive in my mirror and I'm thinking "What's this guy up to?" Anyway, we get to the next light which was about a mile down the road (two lane divided highway) and he pulls up next to me. He says "Man I thought that was a Boss." At the time I had no idea why he would think that but seeing that picture of the back of your car it makes sense. I have the appearance package which puts the blacked out GT size wheels on my car and blacked out side mirrors. We have the same faux gas cap and blacked out rear valence. Mine is race red which I believe is one of the colors used on the Boss. You would think the lack of the Boss 302 sticker down the side would have given it away. I had always thought the Boss had a different faux gas cap from mine.

Last edited by White2010; 9/18/14 at 05:37 PM.
Old 9/18/14, 07:15 PM
Bullitt Member

Originally Posted by laserred38
After I saw the the first photo, I snapped this one while I was out. In direct sunlight, the reflection is almost blinding.

This was after a quick wash with year old wax on it. I haven't detailed it yet or waxed it this year. It's still got a mirror finish. I think all the various white spots are just reflections of various lights in that parking lot.

Name:  07F83AC6-4DF8-4B08-A7AC-46CAAED34B2D.jpg
Views: 20
Size:  49.1 KB

Last edited by Boss 0960; 9/18/14 at 07:20 PM.
Old 9/18/14, 07:17 PM
I Have No Life

Received 172 Likes on 145 Posts
Lol exactly. As a pro detailer, I love it when I hear folks say no scratches/swirls. The sun and lights reveal all.
Old 9/18/14, 07:42 PM
Bullitt Member

Originally Posted by White2010
I'm glad you posted that pic because it just solved a bit of a mystery for me.....We have the same faux gas cap and blacked out rear valence. Mine is race red which I believe is one of the colors used on the Boss. You would think the lack of the Boss 302 sticker down the side would have given it away. I had always thought the Boss had a different faux gas cap from mine.
I usually prefer the plainer style of the V6 models. I'm completely OK with the Boss being mistaken for a V6 from behind. I also had an '01 Cobra which was much more plain and simple than the GT's of it's time. A year later, the V6 got the '01 Cobra reverse scoop hood as it's stock hood. I've never been a fan of scoops, spoilers, etc. I don't care for the GT grill fog lights, either. There was one guy on the forums (can't remember his screen name off hand) who bought a white Boss and peeled off the stripes. It strongly resembled a V6 except that the Boss does not have holes in the fenders where the Pony or GT emblems are placed. That's a modern sleeper.

Back to the topic of this thread, what was it again? Oh yeah, the 2015 Mustang. I'm not sure how much visual differentiation there is between the base V6, Ecoboost and the GT. I know there are some differences that an aficionado could easily detect but other than the badges and rear valance, I'm not sure that the new Mustang GT will stand out over the V6 and Ecoboost to the general public. I remember some years back where GT owners were complaining that the GT looked too close to the V6 and wanted more visual differentiation. I wonder if that will be the case with the 2015.
Old 9/18/14, 08:00 PM
Bullitt Member

Originally Posted by FromZto5
Lol exactly. As a pro detailer, I love it when I hear folks say no scratches/swirls. The sun and lights reveal all.
Maybe I'll take some new shots when I have the Boss out during the day. I used to detail cars for a living when I was a much younger man. I can see some light scratching in the paint in the sunlight but I have not noticed any on the rear valance and tail lights. A new coat of wax and it will be good as new.

Also, this isn't a garage queen. It kills it's share of bugs on the road, has a few stone chips and has spent it's fair share of time parked out in the elements for weeks at a time. It's cared for in a nominal way but hardly pampered. I haven't got the time or energy to do that now. I think the rear valance is holding up nicely in it's circumstances.
Old 9/18/14, 08:23 PM
2013 RR Boss 302 #2342

Received 2,252 Likes on 1,678 Posts
Maybe I'll take some new shots when I have the Boss out during the day. I used to detail cars for a living when I was a much younger man. I can see some light scratching in the paint in the sunlight but I have not noticed any on the rear valance and tail lights. A new coat of wax and it will be good as new. Also, this isn't a garage queen. It kills it's share of bugs on the road, has a few stone chips and has spent it's fair share of time parked out in the elements for weeks at a time. It's cared for in a nominal way but hardly pampered. I haven't got the time or energy to do that now. I think the rear valance is holding up nicely in it's circumstances.
Mines pampered to a point but I'd rather drive her than have a museum piece! :-)
Old 9/19/14, 05:19 AM
Cobra Member

Received 14 Likes on 14 Posts
Now this looks nice!
NO, just NO! Maybe the front end but still NO!
Old 9/19/14, 06:15 AM
Legacy Tms Member

Received 100 Likes on 61 Posts

I agree under those circumstances that you'll probably see hairline scratches. It's the nature of anything plastic and shiny. The question is how does it look under normal lighting?

Quick Reply: Seen in person - All doubts dispelled