2013 RR Boss 302 #2342

Received 2,314 Likes on 1,725 Posts
Originally Posted by Mrsuitcase
Hey! No Bullying on my Thread!
Old 9/9/14, 07:03 PM
Post *****

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Originally Posted by RandyW
2011 Kona Blue, let me put it like this. I also have a Kona Blue Mustang. I love that color. Some people on TMS have commented that they don't like it because it's too purple. No problem, we all have different likes and dislikes. But if you saw the same member posting over and over and over again mocking "Kona Purple" the way some people keep saying "Fustang", wouldn't you get tired of it?

Cdynaco absolutely loves remarking on how the 2010-2012 rear end looks like a full diaper. He's a very smart guy and I value his opinion on a number of subjects. So the first dozen or so times I read his full diaper comment I didn't care. But he must have said it 50 times or more. At some point it goes beyond ribbing your buddies and becomes obnoxious.
Notice how well behaved I was today.

But I was tempted...
Old 9/9/14, 07:24 PM
Mach 1 Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by cdynaco
Notice how well behaved I was today. But I was tempted...
Hey CDYNACO I don't think you have given your concession on the new generation Mustang aside from the suspension concern. Do you like it, hate it or not sure yet?
Old 9/9/14, 07:34 PM
legacy Tms Member

Received 157 Likes on 120 Posts
charlie = .
Attached Images  
Old 9/9/14, 07:41 PM
Post *****

Originally Posted by HOSS429
charlie = .

Originally Posted by newpony
Hey CDYNACO I don't think you have given your concession on the new generation Mustang aside from the suspension concern. Do you like it, hate it or not sure yet?
Well I haven't seen it in person, and overall its OK. I'm sure it will do fine. But it won't open my wallet.
As for my criticisms, they didn't need to go corporate on the front grill, the rear end looks fine except for how it slants forward, and I dislike the Camaro doors.
https://themustangsource.com/forums/...8/#post6830013
Old 9/9/14, 08:38 PM
Shelby GT500 Member

Originally Posted by Mustang Freak
I think you all need to grow some thicker skin!
For real. I can only imagine what they do for a living. Lol.
Old 9/9/14, 08:39 PM
Shelby GT500 Member

Originally Posted by cdynaco
Notice how well behaved I was today.

But I was tempted...
Hey, I got me a big old J lo booty. Ha ha

Name:  ForumRunner_20140909_223928.jpg
Views: 173
Size:  19.3 KB
Old 9/10/14, 04:31 AM
Post *****

Received 72 Likes on 65 Posts
Originally Posted by 2011 Kona Blue
We shall see very soon how well this new design goes over with not only enthusiasts but regular consumers. Now that release of them to the public is within a month or so, Ford should be getting record mustang sales in the upcoming months and year. I would think and since this new stang is so awesome that mustang sales in the U.S. should be record high since 2005 and even prior.

2015 Mustang sales in America should easily kill Camaro's 2010 units sold when they first made its re-entrance. Since America has been waiting for this new generation stang for 5 plus years and its finnaly here. Ford dealerships should be blowing up pre-orders and sales should be through the roof. We shall see soon enough. No excuse why sales in the US would not reflect top mustang sales.
I hope you are being facetious . . .
Old 9/10/14, 06:33 AM
Shelby GT500 Member

Originally Posted by Evil_Capri

I hope you are being facetious . . .
Not at all. Why would you think that?
Old 9/10/14, 06:50 AM
Post *****

Not at all. Why would you think that?
No reason, but thanks for your reply and question . . .
Old 9/10/14, 07:34 AM
Cobra Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
We shall see very soon how well this new design goes over with not only enthusiasts but regular consumers. Now that release of them to the public is within a month or so, Ford should be getting record mustang sales in the upcoming months and year. I would think and since this new stang is so awesome that mustang sales in the U.S. should be record high since 2005 and even prior.

2015 Mustang sales in America should easily kill Camaro's 2010 units sold when they first made its re-entrance. Since America has been waiting for this new generation stang for 5 plus years and its finnaly here. Ford dealerships should be blowing up pre-orders and sales should be through the roof. We shall see soon enough. No excuse why sales in the US would not reflect top mustang sales.
This does not seem a likely scenario. The Camaro had several years of pent-up demand when it wasn't available at all. What makes you say that America has been waiting for the next-gen Mustang far five years? It's not like the Mustang has been stagnant for five years.
2010: New body and interior, plus the Track Pack option.
2011: New engines and transmissions.
2012: The Boss 302.
2013: New front and rear clips and new hood. The already powerful Shelby GT500 got a massive increase in power.

So I don't think a lot of Mustang fans have been sitting on the sidelines saying, "Man, when are they finally going to come out with something new?" Yes, there ought to be a significant uptick in sales but even if the 2015 were styled to your liking, it would not kill the sales numbers the Camaro racked up after it's resurrection.

This is like declaring that the Vikings ought to beat the Packers by 40 points in their next game, so that when it doesn't happen you can declare, "See, I've been saying all along that the Vikings coach sucks and this game proves it."
Old 9/10/14, 08:27 AM
SUPERCHARGED RED ROCKET ------------------Master-Moderator

Received 2,227 Likes on 1,780 Posts
Have to totally agree bro. Couldn't of said it any better. For the people who love the 2015's, go buy it peeps. For people like me and others that don't care for it, we won't buy it. Its that easy. All I heard people say for the past months, is you have to see it in person. I first saw it in person at the Philadelphia auto show and looked worse in person than the pictures.

I just saw it a second time in person at the 2014 AM show and it looked worse this time than the first time I saw it. That rear end is just hideous. The fusion front is one thing, I can deal with that but that rear end it freaking horrible.

I don't care how good the 2015 mustang performs or its power, its not my kind of mustang attractiveness.
Kona Blue ! I asked you 2 days ago to respond concerning my question about your dislikes on the rear end section.. Look up post #47 in this thread, perhaps you just missed it
Old 9/10/14, 08:48 AM
Shelby GT500 Member

Originally Posted by m05fastbackGT

Kona Blue ! I asked you 2 days ago to respond concerning my question about your dislikes on the rear end section.. Look up post #47 in this thread, perhaps you just missed it
I apologize for missing your question. I don't care for the 4 steps backwards Ford took with the tail lights. Moving Forward was what Ford did with the 2013-14 tail lights. The LED tail lights are a thing of modern day beauty and to move away from that is not my cup of tea. I'm not even a fan of the shape of the tail lights.

I really cannot stand the lines and how the rear drops down on the 2015 model. Of course these are just my own person dislikes and opinions are like a$$ holes. We all got one. For me, the lines, slope downwards and the tail lights are the worst part of the car. It looks very soft and not an ounce of aggressiveness in the rear look to me. It severely lacks what I would consider an aggressive muscle, pony car macho look to it.

Last edited by 2011 Kona Blue; 9/10/14 at 08:50 AM.
Old 9/10/14, 08:49 AM
Shelby GT500 Member

I apologize for missing your question. I don't care for the 4 steps backwards Ford took with the tail lights. Moving Forward was what Ford did with the 2013-14 tail lights. The LED tail lights are a thing of modern day beauty and to move away from that is not my cup of tea. I'm not even a fan of the shape of the tail lights.

I really cannot stand the lines and how the rear drops down on the 2015 model. Of course these are just my own person dislikes and opinions are like a$$ holes. We all got one. For me, the lines, slope downwards and the tail lights are the worst part of the car for me. It looks very soft and not an ounce of aggressiveness in the rear look to me. It severely lacks what I would consider an aggressive muscle, pony car macho look to it.

Name:  2014-09-10-10-42-17--383963505.jpeg
Views: 220
Size:  8.1 KB
Old 9/10/14, 09:00 AM
Shelby GT500 Member

Originally Posted by RandyW

This does not seem a likely scenario. The Camaro had several years of pent-up demand when it wasn't available at all. What makes you say that America has been waiting for the next-gen Mustang far five years? It's not like the Mustang has been stagnant for five years.
2010: New body and interior, plus the Track Pack option.
2011: New engines and transmissions.
2012: The Boss 302.
2013: New front and rear clips and new hood. The already powerful Shelby GT500 got a massive increase in power.

So I don't think a lot of Mustang fans have been sitting on the sidelines saying, "Man, when are they finally going to come out with something new?" Yes, there ought to be a significant uptick in sales but even if the 2015 were styled to your liking, it would not kill the sales numbers the Camaro racked up after it's resurrection.

This is like declaring that the Vikings ought to beat the Packers by 40 points in their next game, so that when it doesn't happen you can declare, "See, I've been saying all along that the Vikings coach sucks and this game proves it."
Ford has been pumping up enthusists for years about this all new 2015 mustang. Ford officially released the showing to the world on Good Morning America. Remember, it was a big to do. The red 2015 rolled out of the car carrier in New York City and it was huge PR. Then Ford had the 2015 taken up in pieces of a elevator and put together on top of the Empire State Building. That was another world wide Ford PR.

Mustang enthusiasts have been waiting for years for the release of this new stang and based on the reports , this is gonna be the best performing mustang ever produced. The GT is gonna out preform the Boss. Why wouldn't this amazing super performing mustang not sell off the charts. If the car looks so amazing, the car performs so amazing and its a mustang, why wouldn't it crush the sales.

Now that Ford has added a turbo into the line up, they should be obtaining new customers who love those ricer turbo cars. US sales should kick butt and can't see otherwislse. Sounds like some people don't have faith in this 2015 mustang. I see no reason on why sales of the 2015 mustang would not crush its competition being how awesome this next generation stang is.
Old 9/10/14, 09:02 AM
Post *****

Funny stuff . . .
Old 9/10/14, 09:19 AM
Shelby GT500 Member

Originally Posted by Evil_Capri
Funny stuff . . .

Name:  IMG_319629549517.jpg
Views: 91
Size:  21.3 KB
Old 9/10/14, 09:43 AM
SUPERCHARGED RED ROCKET ------------------Master-Moderator

Received 2,227 Likes on 1,780 Posts

I really cannot stand the lines and how the rear drops down on the 2015 model. Of course these are just my own person dislikes and opinions are like a$$ holes. We all got one. For me, the lines, slope downwards and the tail lights are the worst part of the car. It looks very soft and not an ounce of aggressiveness in the rear look to me. It severely lacks what I would consider an aggressive muscle, pony car macho look to it.
The lines on the 1st generation 65-70 cars also sloped downward.. We're they also not aggressive enough in the rear or what you consider having that muscle/pony car macho look to it ?

Take a side by side comparison between the 2015 and a 67,68 and 69 Mustang fastback and notice how similar the rear sections slope downward along with the retro look of the tailights ala 69 Name:  fc_4.jpg
Views: 53
Size:  46.2 KB
Old 9/10/14, 10:47 AM
2013 RR Boss 302 #2342

Received 2,314 Likes on 1,725 Posts
Since we're talking about rears...that is the one area that I like the least. I love the rest of the car and the lines and I've seen several up close. To me and this is IMHO the actual taillights are tapered too much for my liking. If they were more up right it might look better to me? I think they taper more than the current body style?
Old 9/10/14, 10:53 AM
Shelby GT500 Member

Originally Posted by m05fastbackGT

The lines on the 1st generation 65-70 cars also sloped downward.. We're they also not aggressive enough in the rear or what you consider having that muscle/pony car macho look to it ?

Take a side by side comparison between the 2015 and a 67,68 and 69 Mustang fastback and notice how similar the rear sections slope downward along with the retro look of the tailights ala 69
The 1st generation mustangs , it worked and worked well. By 2015, 50 years later doesn't work at all. In my opinion, it was a poor attempt by Ford to incorporate the 1st generation in the 2015. The taillights on the 1st generation mustangs worked for the car back 50 years ago. Besides, what happend to the Ford moving forward and getting away from retro. Now your telling me the rear looks like 1st generation. That's nothing more than more retro.

The lines, Its rear shape and slope totally work on the 1st generation. The slope, lines and shape don't work on this new generation stang in my own opinion. It looks like a cheap knockoff that falls flat on its face with no originality by Fords design team. Just my obsurd opinion but its all good because I'm confident Ford will sell them like crazy.

Quick Reply: Seen in person - All doubts dispelled