2015 - 2023 MUSTANG Discuss everything 2015-2023 S550 Mustang

Motor Trend Comparison

Search this Thread

Old 11/1/14, 06:17 PM
Legacy TMS Member

Received 166 Likes on 141 Posts
Originally Posted by 88lx50
Yeah - it's a horrible name for a performance package but that **** sure moves pretty quick!
They should call it the "GLS"..."goes like scat"
Old 11/1/14, 06:30 PM
Tasca Super Boss 429 Member

Received 20 Likes on 17 Posts
Yeah - it's a horrible name for a performance package but that **** sure moves pretty quick!
Just my sick my at work again. I remember my reaction to the iPAD name the first time I heard it.
Old 11/1/14, 07:02 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by BOSS MAN 13
Sorry, looking at the other cars sitting next to the Mustang it's an EASY choice, the others look COOL, especially the Camaro. That yellow Mustang looks SILLY. If you put my '13 BOSS in the mix, it's a visual stand out, and looks like it belongs in the group, AND it produces 1/4 mile times identical to the Hellcat with stock rubber. (put drag radials on that Hellcat, it's all over!) No thanks, I'll stick to a 12-13 BOSS or 13-14 Shelby.

I'm sure Ford will kick up the cool in upcoming years, but they will be playing catchup unless they do something drastic. They lighten and refine the Camaro, Ford is screwed. I for one agree with their analysis.
Completely agree. It looks like the 12-13 Boss was the one to get.
Old 11/1/14, 07:09 PM
GT Member

Originally Posted by Getportfolio
Scat is a slang term for feces.
I can see it now... The 2017 "Guano Pack"... Fords not better with the "PP" lol. I guess they could do as the imports do and add an R to the name and call it good
Old 11/1/14, 07:15 PM
Bullitt Member

Just an article to stir the pot. Ford built a new awesome chassis within the constraints of their budget for future ventures. Let's wait and see when they finely tune this new platform in a few years and try this all again. The car is already worlds better than its predecessor in suspension. Let's just see what SVT and Ford Racing have up their sleeve. That SVT prototype we saw running the Nurburgring took corners BEAUTIFULLY.

If the Ford team was able to take that stick axle and make it as controlled as the Boss, what will they do when they sit and tune this new chassis for perfection.
Old 11/1/14, 09:24 PM
Cobra Member

Received 14 Likes on 14 Posts
Originally Posted by flySWA737
Just an article to stir the pot. Ford built a new awesome chassis within the constraints of their budget for future ventures. Let's wait and see when they finely tune this new platform in a few years and try this all again. The car is already worlds better than its predecessor in suspension. Let's just see what SVT and Ford Racing have up their sleeve. That SVT prototype we saw running the Nurburgring took corners BEAUTIFULLY. If the Ford team was able to take that stick axle and make it as controlled as the Boss, what will they do when they sit and tune this new chassis for perfection.
I totally agree, let's see what they can do with some fine tuning.
Old 11/1/14, 09:30 PM
Mach 1 Member

Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts
Originally Posted by MRGTX
LOL... nice. Sadly the next-gen Camaro seems to have the same Michael Bay-esque aesthetics and likely not better in terms of visibility.

That said, I will never be ashamed of admitting my love for the Camaro. It's a front engine, rwd coupe with an astounding V8 and **** good manual gear box. That's an unbeatable formula no matter what the wrapper looks like.

Challenger has always been a charmer. Strong rumors persist that 2017 will feature an all new, smaller, lighter Challenger. Bring it on!
New Challenger, Charger, 300 replacement cars will happen in middle of 2018, while the concepts might be shown earlier then that, but who knows how soon.
Old 11/2/14, 02:46 AM
Bullitt Member

Originally Posted by Getportfolio
Scat is a slang term for feces.
Everybody knows that, BUT did you know Mustang is slang for an old border hooker ? Scott

Last edited by sgallison; 11/2/14 at 02:51 AM.
Old 11/2/14, 05:16 AM
GT Member

Originally Posted by flySWA737
Just an article to stir the pot. Ford built a new awesome chassis within the constraints of their budget for future ventures. Let's wait and see when they finely tune this new platform in a few years and try this all again. The car is already worlds better than its predecessor in suspension. Let's just see what SVT and Ford Racing have up their sleeve. That SVT prototype we saw running the Nurburgring took corners BEAUTIFULLY.

If the Ford team was able to take that stick axle and make it as controlled as the Boss, what will they do when they sit and tune this new chassis for perfection.

But my point is even if the drivetrain lags a little in performance, if you dressed the car with bigger rubber, serious brakes, loud exhaust and cool mean graphics, you would have a car that would appeal to your base, muscle car people. The car as it sits in base trim appeals to the eurotrashers and Asian fast and flatulent crowd. Bottom line, you please everyone. But ironically, the Euros and Asians would buy more of the Bad boy muscle car model than the "vanilla pudding" version, they love USA cool, FORD just don't get it!