Search this Thread

Old 6/24/13 | 12:40 PM
GT Member

Lololololololololololololololololololololololololo lolololololololololo

Hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha hahahahaha
Old 6/24/13 | 01:10 PM
Shelby GT500 Member

Originally Posted by MustangDizzle
I heard, from a highly credible source, that they are moving to vertical lambo doors and extra cup holders for utility purposes.

True story.

That's the newest word on the street.
I heard from a even higher credible source they are moving to self driving cars and a full restroom facility for utility purposes. Pee while you drive!

Super true story.
Ba ha ha ha ha ha
Old 6/24/13 | 09:09 PM
Cobra Member

I remember how surprised I was when I pulled up behind a S197 in my '69 Mustang. The rear bumper was higher than the top of my hood! That was an eye opener for me!
Old 6/25/13 | 02:02 PM
SUPERCHARGED RED ROCKET ------------------Master-Moderator

Originally Posted by Wolfsburg
I remember how surprised I was when I pulled up behind a S197 in my '69 Mustang. The rear bumper was higher than the top of my hood! That was an eye opener for me!

Although I really hate the high waisted beltlines on the S-197 Mustangs, I can surely understand why as pretty much they're designed that way for safety purposes but look at the bright side, pull up behind either the current Challenger or Camaro in your 69 Mustang and then you'll really notice just how much higher the rear bumper is over the top of your hood..

Heck I can just imagine pulling up behind a Challenger in my S-197 Mustang and wouldn't be surprised in finding out just how much higher it's rear bumper is over the top of my hood lol.

So if you compare the S-197 with both the current Challenger and Camaro? you'll actually look at the S-197 as being a dwarf to say the very least..

Anyway just my $.02 and there's always lowering kits out there as well
Old 6/26/13 | 06:28 AM
Mach 1 Member

Yea I think the Challenger looks absolutely terrible simply because of how high it is off the ground. Chrysler dropped the ball on that one
Old 6/26/13 | 07:52 AM

"The company goes so far as to pose this question to fans of the pony car: "Should we borrow a few of these style elements for the next iteration of the Mustang?""

This quote, from a vid put out by Ford, from an article in Autoblog regarding the original Mustang. No, not the 1965 Mustang, the orginal 1962 mid-engine V-4 showcar Mustang. Not quite sure what to make of the quip: is it just a throw away musing or rather, is Ford softening the terrain for a bit more radically restyled Mustang than many first presume or may be (initially) comfortable with? Some eye-witness reports of the new Mustang have commented on a more Continental look that's a bit more Aston Martin than Musclecar.

Anyway, thought I'd pitch this bit of meat into the lion's cage to spark off the day's discussions.
Old 6/26/13 | 07:58 AM

Originally Posted by Rando
Yea I think the Challenger looks absolutely terrible simply because of how high it is off the ground. Chrysler dropped the ball on that one
While I generally really like the styling of the Challenger -- I think it's easily the best overall of the three current pony cars -- Dodge and its designers were constrained by having to base it largely off the LX(?) sedan chassis that then governed many of the basic stylistic hard points such as the cowl height.

Given what the Dodge designers had to work with, I think they did a masterful job, penning a car that goes far, if not completely, to mask its large size and tall proportions. I always get the weird feeling that it is me who is shrinking when I walk up to one, my brain registering a much smaller car from afar than it actually is, an illusion my brain seems determined to hold on to when I approach one and its true size looms large.

I think it's clear that all three pony car manufacturers will be significantly downsizing there next-gen versions, particularly the currently most super-sized versions: the Camaro and Challenger.

Last edited by rhumb; 6/26/13 at 07:59 AM.
Old 6/26/13 | 08:03 AM
Mach 1 Member

I heard from someone who talked to a higher up at Ford, that they have scrapped the new design because Ford Execs thought the new design was not classic enough. Ford is trying to get two mock ups ready for the reveal at the 40th anniversary shows in Charlotte and Las Vegas. Apparently they only have on clay model of the new design right now. So everything we have seen I.E. spy shots are not going to happen.
Old 6/26/13 | 08:17 AM
V6 Member

Yea not buying it. Mockups and clay models at this stage? Those are done years in advance. Ford won't risk delaying the biggest launch it's ever had with mustang.
Old 6/26/13 | 08:28 AM
Mach 1 Member

Well we do not know when they canceled the design and according to my source they are using the mules to test the IRS and other new 2015 options like the 4 cylinder. He also said that they may not have the car ready for the Charlotte show but will make the Vegas one. Again, this is if my source can be trusted so take what you will form my comment.
Old 6/26/13 | 08:36 AM

Originally Posted by MRiley
Yea not buying it. Mockups and clay models at this stage? Those are done years in advance. Ford won't risk delaying the biggest launch it's ever had with mustang.
Agreed, Ford is WAY too far down the line to producing the 2015 to essentially go back to 0 and start over. At some point, a point well past now, the suits have to sign off on the design and see it through.

Recall it was some late-in-the-day penny-pinching meddling with the S197 Stang by some executive suite bean counter that Ford ended up ditching the IRS that it was originally intended to have, a move the delayed its intro a year or so. Ironically, after all the added development, testing and certification costs to cram in a supposedly cheaper buggy axle were added up, the resultant lively axle ended up costing $100/car MORE than had they stuck with the IRS.
Old 6/26/13 | 08:52 AM
GTR Member

Originally Posted by SpeedCostsMoney
I heard from someone who talked to a higher up at Ford, that they have scrapped the new design because Ford Execs thought the new design was not classic enough. Ford is trying to get two mock ups ready for the reveal at the 40th anniversary shows in Charlotte and Las Vegas. Apparently they only have on clay model of the new design right now. So everything we have seen I.E. spy shots are not going to happen.

Wow, maybe it really WILL be a time machine.............We're going back in time, Marty, back to 2005

Sorry, I know, no-one likes a smarta........

This isn't the first time I've heard about a last minute re-design, but if it IS true, it must have been a while back. What's under those covers of the prototype cars HAS to be the '15. There could well have been some detail changes though, assuming those wouldn't touch on the "hard points" of the body.
Old 6/26/13 | 08:54 AM
GT Member

You guys, he's trolling as an extension of my joke...

C mon now.
Old 6/26/13 | 09:14 AM
GTR Member

Originally Posted by MustangDizzle
You guys, he's trolling as an extension of my joke...

C mon now.
This 'aint no jokin' matter

But actually...........I have read before about a last minute redesign, but I didn't really believe it then, either. Guess we'll know soon enough. Well, not soon enough as this waitin' is killing me
Old 6/26/13 | 10:07 AM
GTR Member

I always love the "I talked to someone who babysits someone's dogs who's sister's husband works at Ford", and they have ALL the info. It's like playing the game of telephone as a kid, it almost never makes it back in it's entirety.

That said, they're building them at the pilot plant, so I think the car is in the 90%+ finished category. About the only things I could see changing without much hassle would be front and rear fascias or wheels, but not much else.
Old 6/26/13 | 10:29 AM
Mach 1 Member

Like I said. take it with a gain of salt. No matter what they do I hope they keep it classy. If they go all Fusion with is I will not like it.

Originally Posted by Overboost
I always love the "I talked to someone who babysits someone's dogs who's sister's husband works at Ford", and they have ALL the info. It's like playing the game of telephone as a kid, it almost never makes it back in it's entirety.

That said, they're building them at the pilot plant, so I think the car is in the 90%+ finished category. About the only things I could see changing without much hassle would be front and rear fascias or wheels, but not much else.
Old 6/26/13 | 10:38 AM
Bullitt Member

I like how it still doesn't have Brembo brakes on the back.
Old 6/26/13 | 04:28 PM

Originally Posted by Ibnzmonkey
I like how it still doesn't have Brembo brakes on the back.
Affix Brembos to back: 91% finished.
Old 6/26/13 | 06:32 PM
Team Mustang Source

Affix power folding mirrors . 92% finished

Last edited by montreal ponies; 6/26/13 at 08:58 PM.
Old 6/27/13 | 06:17 AM
Team Mustang Source

Tire Size

From the looks of it these are
255/40R-19 Pirelli PZero max performance, 19 x 9-in.

Hoping they have staggered option.
(need to fill a wee bit more)
(Boss 302: 285/35R-19 Pirelli PZero max, 19 x 9.5-in.)

Attached Thumbnails Full camo prototype spotted-tires.jpg  

Quick Reply: Full camo prototype spotted