2015 - 2023 MUSTANG Discuss everything 2015-2023 S550 Mustang

Ford shipped my custom order to the wrong dealer

Search this Thread

Old 11/8/15, 01:47 AM
Cobra R Member

Received 41 Likes on 38 Posts
Originally Posted by Rather B.Blown
Yes, its pretty hard to believe. Wanted a 2 door American coupe sports car, went so far as to order one and wait for it, but bought a 4 door Korean sedan? Yeah, I find that whole scenario a bit hard to believe.

I suspect that we won't hear much else from this poster. I'll hold my breath waiting.

BTW, I make $8671 a month online, working from my house. Go to xxxxxx.xxx.com to find out how to do that work without leaving your house.
I was open to MANY options when I decided on my Mustang. Could've been a Fiesta ST, could've been a Subaru of some form (likely a Forester). If any major issues came up with my Mustang order I would've just gone with something different, and it wouldn't have been anything like the Mustang.

Also, not everyone gives a **** about the whole American/foreign thing. It's literally not at all on my mind when purchasing a vehicle.
Old 11/8/15, 02:04 AM
Like Father...
I ♥ Sausage

Received 588 Likes on 422 Posts
Originally Posted by Joeywhat
I was open to MANY options when I decided on my Mustang. Could've been a Fiesta ST, could've been a Subaru of some form (likely a Forester). If any major issues came up with my Mustang order I would've just gone with something different, and it wouldn't have been anything like the Mustang.

Also, not everyone gives a **** about the whole American/foreign thing. It's literally not at all on my mind when purchasing a vehicle.
I don't really give a **** about the American/foreign thing either. But the type of vehicle someone is wanting is a huge thing. Wanting a 2 dr sports coupe (and goes so far as to special order one), but buys a 4dr luxury sedan? Yeah, that is a big difference. One would figure that even if you were pissed off at a certain company, your taste in the type of car you wanted wouldn't change. You would still be looking for a 2 dr sports coupe of some sort, be it a Camaro, Challenger, Porsche, Audi, etc. it wouldn't go in a completely opposite direction to a 4 dr sedan.

But that is just me. That would be like ordering a Corvette, having your heart set on that type of car, it didn't come in, then saying "hey screw Chevrolet, I'm buying a Ford Raptor instead".

See what I'm saying?
Old 11/8/15, 09:48 AM
Cobra Member

Received 26 Likes on 25 Posts
WTF No one and I mean No one wants a performance car like a Mustang and then goes and buys POS want a be Sports car. Never wanted a real car to begin with. There are so many Ford dealers out there to find a car at. I'm lost!! I suspect you are right will will not hear back from the Bone Head .
Old 11/8/15, 05:18 PM
Legacy TMS Member

Received 667 Likes on 541 Posts
Just want to point out that what is supposed to be a bogus website by Rather B.Blown is in fact going to take you somewhere...

I admit curiosity as to whether stuff will work/what would happen is a bad thing on my part, I'll grant, and I don't recommend y'all try unless'n ya like that there naughty stuff, but I sacrificed my browser history so y'all don't have to.

/Great. Just... great.

//also, don't think you make as much at that site as you say you do, Hillbilly.
Old 11/9/15, 08:15 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
For those that have been supportive thanks - I own 2 other Mustangs at present, an 84 SVO and a 2011 V6. I have owned at least 5 or 6 other mustangs through the years. So maybe I will stay on this forum and comment in those areas from time to time.

For those of you questioning my sanity or even implying that I made this story up...I was looking for a commute vehicle. I spend 2 1/2 - 3 hours a day in heavy traffic driving back and forth to work. The Mustang is really not a great car for that drive, but thought it would be nice to have a modern day SVO, and occasionally take it for a real drive on mountain roads for weekend fun.

My logical choice wold have been something economical, but I prefer a luxury sedan with some horsepower. The R-Spec fit that bill very well. It is a very comfortable ride in heavy noisy traffic. It also fits 4 adults for family/friends outings, and has enough power to put to use when the opportunity arises. I found a low mileage CPO vehicle at $26,500, so it was much cheaper than the mustang I was trying to buy, or other high horsepower luxury sedans (new or used).

Once I finish restoring the SVO I will have a car to run up the mountain roads on weekends.
Old 11/10/15, 09:57 AM
GT Member

Received 17 Likes on 17 Posts
Thanks For Sharing

Hi Kevin, thanks for sharing your story on the site. I just ordered a car and it's valuable to me to know what could happen. Sorry you didn't get what you were after but I'm sure that after weighing your options you chose the one that was best for you.

I'm in Florida and put a deposit on my order like you did but I had to go to a different dealer than where I started. The first salesman was a disaster and even with three months lead time didn't take me seriously when I actually tried to place my order. Sometimes when you want something it just doesn't work as planned and you have to be strong enough to move on.
I could be in your shoes soon and I hope I can be as classy as you seem to be if that happens to me.
Old 11/10/15, 10:34 AM
Cobra Member

Received 7 Likes on 4 Posts
Originally Posted by Rather B.Blown
I don't really give a **** about the American/foreign thing either. But the type of vehicle someone is wanting is a huge thing. Wanting a 2 dr sports coupe (and goes so far as to special order one), but buys a 4dr luxury sedan? Yeah, that is a big difference. One would figure that even if you were pissed off at a certain company, your taste in the type of car you wanted wouldn't change. You would still be looking for a 2 dr sports coupe of some sort, be it a Camaro, Challenger, Porsche, Audi, etc. it wouldn't go in a completely opposite direction to a 4 dr sedan.

But that is just me. That would be like ordering a Corvette, having your heart set on that type of car, it didn't come in, then saying "hey screw Chevrolet, I'm buying a Ford Raptor instead".

See what I'm saying?
When I'm shopping for a car I have quite a disparate list of cars that I am considering. Each has a list of pros and cons. Not being independently wealthy I am limited to one car at a time, so it often has to be many things for me.

My last one came down to a 2013 Mustang V6 convertible or a Focus ST. I was living in Florida at the time, but couldn't bring myself to own another solid axle Mustang. (And I don't want to start a suspension debate. I didn't like it so it wasn't getting my money. If you liked it good for you).

Right now my list includes buying out the lease on my ST, a Fusion Titanium, Edge Sport or a Lincoln MKC. So it makes sense to me that he'd go with something completely different.
Old 12/25/15, 08:49 AM
Legacy TMS Member Moderator

Received 531 Likes on 231 Posts
Yeah, I don't see anything strange about buying a completely different kind of car. Most people would own dozens if not hundreds of cars if the cost was trivial to them. Doesn't seem unusual that someone might have a different type as a very close second choice or even a coin toss. When I bought my Cadillac, I was going back and forth between replacing a daily driver or our Wrangler. In fact I even ended up buying from a Cadillac dealer farther from me when the salesman at the closest one thought I wasn't serious after I answered his question about what other make/models I was looking at.

I don't think anyone mentioned it, but the ordering dealer could have sold the car to another dealer and had it shipped there instead. My '89 LX 5.0 Window Sticker said it was ordered by Saleen but Saleen sold it and rerouted to my AZ dealer before it shipped when demand for Saleens dropped.

Maybe the CA dealer got an offer they couldn't refuse from the VA dealer. Wonder if both are owned by the same person/company.

But it was no typo (V for C) mistake. They use dealer codes. I guess those could get messed up but hard to believe any dealer could enter the code for another dealer anyway or they'd be doing that as a joke like when you could order pizzas delivered to someone you don't like.

Why isn't there any update on what Deysha found out or did? I understand she isn't going to volunteer that but the OP sure can.

Last edited by HoosierDaddy; 12/25/15 at 08:51 AM.
Old 12/28/15, 08:28 AM

HoosierDaddy,

No one was ever able (or willing) to tell me what happened. The Dealer told me Ford screwed up. Ford would only tell me they had never seen anything like this happen, but my only option was to talk to my dealer. Deysha got involved, but after a couple of weeks she had been unable to find anything out. So, I went and bought a different car and sent Deysha a PM thanking her for her efforts, and letting her know I was no longer interested in a vehicle from Ford. So, I guess we will never know what caused this.
Old 12/31/15, 10:15 AM
V6 Member

not trying to belittle the original poster. I think the difficult part of this saga to some of us on this forum , like me, is that some of us are Mustang freaks or fanatics or whatever one may label. I've been a Ford guy my whole life. Grew up with Mustangs and basicially nothing else will do in place of a Mustang. I like to think that if this happened to me I would still buy a Mustang of my choice. If not from dealer that screwed up then from some other dealer. There are always other Ford dealers that will treat you well and want your business.
Old 12/31/15, 10:31 AM
FR500 Member

Received 118 Likes on 101 Posts
Originally Posted by kwpony
I like to think that if this happened to me I would still buy a Mustang of my choice. If not from dealer that screwed up then from some other dealer. There are always other Ford dealers that will treat you well and want your business.
As is often the case, there might be more to this story that what we've been told. That's not a judgement of the OP...it's human nature and we're all guilty of that sometimes, myself included.

Regardless, screw ups happen, no matter how reputable the person or business is that one deals with. I've always believed that what matters is not the severity or type of mistake, but how quickly and satisfactorily it's resolved.

While it doesn't surprise me that a resolution wasn't found at the dealer level (that's a whole different discussion), I am surprised that FoMoCo couldn't find a way to expedite a replacement order and retain good will. I've seen companies go to extraordinary lengths to resolve an issue that one of their vendors or associates wasn't able, or willing to correct.
Old 12/31/15, 01:17 PM
GT Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
What a story. I can see buying another car. Everyone will have differing opinions. I just don't see why the VA dealer couldn't ship the car to the California dealer and take care of the problem. If it hadn't been sold in VA - why the problem of shipping it back to CA. I'm sure all the ordering paperwork would be available to prove that that particular Mustang belonged to a CA purchaser. Like TripleBlack say's I am sure there is more to the story that we will never know but man - it really makes you wonder who you can trust anymore.
Old 1/4/16, 09:52 AM

I have owned Mustangs since the mid 70's, including 2 at present. This would have been a 3rd and a daily driver. So I did not have to get another one, I just wanted it. I did however need a new daily driver, as my Lincoln LS (previous daily driver) had just given its last miles.

(A little more background)
My frustration was more with Ford than the dealer. Ford would not even talk to me, told me my only option was to talk to my dealer, who told me my only option was to start over. In addition to numerous phone calls I even tried sending an email to Ford's CEO, but never received a response.

Each time I reached someone at Ford they would start to look into the situation, then tell me that they had never seen anything like this (not sure what they were seeing in their system) and tell me my only option was to go back to the dealer. At this time Ford's public website showed the vehicle in my local dealer’s inventory, however the car (same VIN) was sitting on the lot in Virginia and even posted on that dealers website for sale.

In my view it was evident that Ford did not care about my business, really frustrating since I have been a life-long Ford owner, as was my father before me. I am also sure there was more to the story; however no one at Ford or the dealer could/would fill me in.