The Mustang Source - Ford Mustang Forums

The Mustang Source - Ford Mustang Forums (https://themustangsource.com/forums/)
-   2015 - 2023 MUSTANG (https://themustangsource.com/forums/f806/)
-   -   Ford shipped my custom order to the wrong dealer (https://themustangsource.com/forums/f806/ford-shipped-my-custom-order-wrong-dealer-539337/)

Kevin McClay 10/31/15 08:56 PM

Ford shipped my custom order to the wrong dealer

At the beginning of August I ordered a 2016 EcoBoost Mustang from All-Star Ford in Pittsburg CA. Late this week Ford showed the vehicle in the dealers inventory. I checked with the dealer and they did not have it. Thanks to Google I located the car at Sheehy Ford in Warrenton VA. VIN # 1FA6P8TH8G5226487.

Yes, Ford shipped it to the wrong dealer. Both Ford and my dealer have done nothing other than tell me I can re-order.

I am as frustrated as one can be. Looks like I am now looking at competitors cars. Tempted to unload my other Ford vehicles, including my 84 SVO.

Kevin

Joeywhat 10/31/15 09:23 PM

Not sure what you think selling your used Fords is going to accomplish...

Sounds like your dealer you ordered from sucks. Find a new one or go with a different manufacturer as you said.

Kevin McClay 10/31/15 09:49 PM

It was Ford that made the big mistake - they are the ones shipped it to Virginia, not the local dealer. I tried to call Ford after the dealer told me they could not do anything since it was a Ford error. Ford customer support told me it was a sales issue and there was nothing they would do and when I asked to escalate they told me I could only talk to my dealer. Not what i would call customer service.

So sure, the dealer sucks for doing a bad job tracking the vehicle, since it has been at the VA dealer for about a month. Ford apparently cannot tell California from Virginia. Both are telling me that there is nothing they can/will do and that I can start the process all over. Who knows if it would work a 2nd time.

2k7gtcs 10/31/15 11:49 PM

I love my Fords, but if that happened I'd take it as a sign and just say **** it, I give up, and go buy a different brand or keep what I've got. I've only ever orders two cars, both from Ford, and I waited months and months for both of them. If they came in wrong or went to the wrong place and got nothing from Ford for their **** up I'd have been pissed and said forget it and probably bought something else or nothing at all.

tukatz 11/1/15 12:12 AM

Deysha, are you listening? If this car has not already been sold Ford should ship it from the dealer in VA to the correct dealer and get this guy his car. Telling him reorder is totally unacceptable. Ford is about to lose one and maybe many more customers over this issue. If they don't give a **** they deserve to lose customers.

houtex 11/1/15 03:20 PM

This sounds way way wrong. How does Ford screw up so monumentally? It simply does NOT work this way. A dealer requests a build, and they get it. That's how it works.

This doesn't sound possible... unless the DEALER let the car go and someone else got it for their allocation. Which is more in line with what's going on.

Kevin, I think you might have a situation where your 'sale' is not a sale until you are driving it home, title work in the process, money is paid, and/or payments set up. Until then, you are NOT obligated to buy the car.

As such, perhaps they needed another car worse than your build, and elected to let it go. There has been more than one of these types of tales where a 'sale' was made, then the order cancelled. And also plenty the other way, the car comes in, but person says "I can't/won't/you messed me over on the financing, I'm out" or some such, and now the dealer is stuck with a car they aren't going to easily turn around, 'cause it's so special and weird compared to their normal stock.

There's more to this than is being let on by the dealership. There's simply no way in heck that the car that is bound for CA winds up in VA and that dealership takes it. None.

This was shipped correctly to the correct dealer, as far as Ford is concerned, which is why they're opting out of being the problem. That's NOT their fault. That's your dealership.

You might could have a suit on your hands for breach of contract. That is... unless you built the car but paid nothing on it to reserve it. Then you have nothing. Unless you have one heck of a lawyer that is, then maybe. Maybe not.

Deysha (FordService) is going to be needed to slap the dealership around. But that's about it. Maybe make them dealer trade the car so you can get it here, and eat the transport costs and what not as punishment... and/or discount you.

The rest of your post regarding selling all Fords... I know and you know it's silly talk, right? It won't benefit you, and it won't change anything on Ford's end. And what are you going to do, replace them with used other brands? Go buy new ones from some other maker... who can and will do the same thing as this Dealership did?

But hey, don't let me or anyone else stop you from doing the 'pound of flesh' thing and madly discounting your Fords so you can turn to Chevy or Toyota or something and get treated no real differently.

I support your cause towards the Dealership. But not towards Ford, 'cause they didn't do it. (Caveat: At least, not as far as I know how the allocation works... sure this entire thing is *possible*... but it's so unlikely that I think it to be not the case.)

Oh, and welcome to the forums! :wave: Where ya been all this time? :dunno:

FordService 11/2/15 08:23 AM

Originally Posted by Kevin McClay (Post 6952210)
At the beginning of August I ordered a 2016 EcoBoost Mustang from All-Star Ford in Pittsburg CA. Late this week Ford showed the vehicle in the dealers inventory. I checked with the dealer and they did not have it. Thanks to Google I located the car at Sheehy Ford in Warrenton VA.

Yes, Ford shipped it to the wrong dealer. Both Ford and my dealer have done nothing other than tell me I can re-order.

I am as frustrated as one can be. Looks like I am now looking at competitors cars. Tempted to unload my other Ford vehicles, including my 84 SVO.

Hello Kevin McClay,

I understand your frustration. I知 looking into this for you. PM me with your full name, and best daytime number.

Originally Posted by tukatz (Post 6952235)
Deysha, are you listening? If this car has not already been sold Ford should ship it from the dealer in VA to the correct dealer and get this guy his car. Telling him reorder is totally unacceptable. Ford is about to lose one and maybe many more customers over this issue. If they don't give a **** they deserve to lose customers.

I知 here, tukatz! Remember, I don稚 work weekends, so I知 just now seeing this. Thanks for the mention!

Originally Posted by houtex (Post 6952333)

Deysha (FordService) is going to be needed to slap the dealership around. But that's about it. Maybe make them dealer trade the car so you can get it here, and eat the transport costs and what not as punishment... and/or discount you.

Oh, and welcome to the forums! :wave: Where ya been all this time? :dunno:

Thank you for the support, houtex!

Deysha

tukatz 11/2/15 09:10 AM

Originally Posted by FordService (Post 6952397)
I知 here, tukatz! Remember, I don稚 work weekends, so I知 just now seeing this. Thanks for the mention!

Gee! We thought you were on duty 24/7.
Just kidding. :grin:
Thanks for the great support you give us.

FordService 11/2/15 09:34 AM

Originally Posted by tukatz (Post 6952405)
Gee! We thought you were on duty 24/7.
Just kidding. :grin:
Thanks for the great support you give us.

LOL! You're very welcome, tukatz! :grin:

Deysha

Kevin McClay 11/2/15 09:41 AM

All, Thanks for listening. I have PM'd Deysha my contact information. No one I have talked to can figure out how the vehicle ended up in Virginia, even Ford has said that they have not seen this before. The dealer found out when I told them. It is still for sale on Sheehy's website

And no this is not a contracted sale as that can only be done in California based on a particular VIN, so really I have no legal recourse.

No I probably wont sell any of the Fords I currently own, but as it sits I will never buy another Ford. As a consumer my only options are to post my experiences all over the internet (have only posted here so far) and take my money elsewhere.

Thanks all!

Kevin

Evil_Capri 11/2/15 10:04 AM

So . . . why not have the car shipped to you from VA at dealer expense?

Kevin McClay 11/2/15 10:21 AM

I don't know how it works shipping new cars between sates, particularly into California, considering all the state regulations. I do know that I had a very low negotiated price, so it could also be that they would not profit if they paid for coast to coast shipping.

Evil_Capri 11/2/15 10:26 AM

Well . . . have you asked your dealer?

FordService 11/2/15 10:46 AM

Originally Posted by Kevin McClay (Post 6952411)
All, Thanks for listening. I have PM'd Deysha my contact information. No one I have talked to can figure out how the vehicle ended up in Virginia, even Ford has said that they have not seen this before. The dealer found out when I told them. It is still for sale on Sheehy's website

And no this is not a contracted sale as that can only be done in California based on a particular VIN, so really I have no legal recourse.

No I probably wont sell any of the Fords I currently own, but as it sits I will never buy another Ford. As a consumer my only options are to post my experiences all over the internet (have only posted here so far) and take my money elsewhere.

Thanks all!

Thanks, Kevin McClay! I'll get back to you as soon as possible.

Deysha

rider 11/2/15 11:32 AM

Have you looked at your window sticker online? If you had a legitimate order your name is on the window sticker,along with the dealer the car was sold to.If not your dealer has some splaining to do.
I doubt this is the case.

SpectreH 11/2/15 11:39 AM

The solution seems simple...Ford should ship the car ASAP to the customer and worry about who (dealer or corporate) eats the shipping cost.

TripleBlack14 11/2/15 11:44 AM

Originally Posted by Kevin McClay (Post 6952411)

If it's not a contracted sale, then the point seems moot. Unless I'm missing something (it's been known to happen), what difference does it make how or why the car is not at your dealer? It seems like this is only an issue between the two dealers and Ford if you have no skin in the game.

Kevin McClay 11/2/15 12:21 PM

TripleBlack - in the state of CA an automobile sales contract can not be executed without a VIN. So, when I placed my order I gave them a deposit. Since the vehicle never arrived they will return my deposit. If I had bailed on the deal I would have lost that deposit.

tom281 11/2/15 12:27 PM

Sounds to me nows your chance to get a GT instead of Ecoboost lol.....

TripleBlack14 11/2/15 01:24 PM

Originally Posted by Kevin McClay (Post 6952439)
TripleBlack - in the state of CA an automobile sales contract can not be executed without a VIN. So, when I placed my order I gave them a deposit. Since the vehicle never arrived they will return my deposit. If I had bailed on the deal I would have lost that deposit.

Not trying to give you a hard time, just trying to wrap my mind around this.

Here's what you stated in an earlier post:

"And no this is not a contracted sale as that can only be done in California based on a particular VIN, so really I have no legal recourse"

But you are now stating that because of of Calif regs, you needed a VIN and deposit to execute the contract.

So, if you got a VIN and left the deposit, this sounds like a legally executed contract. Why the contradicting statements then?