2015 - 2023 MUSTANG Discuss everything 2015-2023 S550 Mustang

Ford shipped my custom order to the wrong dealer

Search this Thread

Old 11/2/15, 02:05 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
In California there cannot be a sales contract for a motor vehicle that does not have a VIN. So there is not a contract selling you the car at the time that it is ordered. Instead they ask you for a non-refundable deposit. Once the VIN is created a contract can be executed, but most of the time that is done when the car arrives at the dealership. Your deposit then becomes part of your down payment.
Old 11/2/15, 02:12 PM
GT Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
I have to agree with others that a California emissions car does not end up in Virginia by accident. Someone is not saying something because they messed up royally. Shipping across the country is going to take weeks by train, so to me, that is not an option. And reorder is also not an option. I would wait until Deysha gets back to you before moving forward with anything else. But in the mean time I would search dealers in California for a Mustang that has everything you ordered plus one or two additional options that you might like. If an acceptable solution is not given, I would then go to the dealer and say I want this one at the price that was agreed upon for the original ordered Mustang. When screw ups happen, it is important to be ready to say what you want to make it right.
Old 11/2/15, 09:54 PM
Cobra Member

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts
I would use this error as a bargaining tool and have the dealer get a GT350 and sell it at MSRP. I am sure Ford could come up with one more allocation to satisfy a loyal customer.
Old 11/3/15, 09:04 AM

Would be nice if this works out - need something to go with my slightly older turbo.

84 SVO Ready to restore - original owner
Old 11/3/15, 03:46 PM
Cobra Member

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
I was just on the VA dealers site and looked at the window sticker (see link below). It does show California Emissions and is listed as a SPECIAL ORDER, but no buyer's name. also, the sticker does not list a dealer. Something is definitely weird..good luck.

http://www.windowsticker.forddirect....6P8TH8G5226487
Old 11/3/15, 07:26 PM
Post *****

Received 159 Likes on 133 Posts
Originally Posted by Kevin McClay
Would be nice if this works out - need something to go with my slightly older turbo.

84 SVO Ready to restore - original owner
After your original post when you said you were gonna sell all your Fords I was gonna call dibs on the SVO
Old 11/3/15, 07:39 PM
Like Father...
I ♥ Sausage

Received 588 Likes on 422 Posts
Originally Posted by 2k7gtcs
After your original post when you said you were gonna sell all your Fords I was gonna call dibs on the SVO
Just buy a Pinto and put a turbo on it. Same thing.
Old 11/4/15, 08:23 AM

Originally Posted by SD CALSPCL
I was just on the VA dealers site and looked at the window sticker (see link below). It does show California Emissions and is listed as a SPECIAL ORDER, but no buyer's name. also, the sticker does not list a dealer. Something is definitely weird..good luck.
And Ford still shows the car as being at the California dealer also.
http://www.inventory.ford.com/dealer...=en&branding=1
Old 11/4/15, 10:03 AM
Legacy TMS Member

Received 28 Likes on 21 Posts
Typo..... VA instead of CA! One key off!
Old 11/5/15, 04:05 AM
Mach 1 Member

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Originally Posted by 2 Go Snake
I would use this error as a bargaining tool and have the dealer get a GT350 and sell it at MSRP. I am sure Ford could come up with one more allocation to satisfy a loyal customer.
I expect this would be a waste of time on your part.
Old 11/7/15, 08:55 AM

Well everyone, it has been another week. I have escalated through all the channels I can find, and yet zero response from anyone at Ford. The dealer is willing to re-order and honer the agreed price, but had nothing else to offer. I have no idea if Deysha tried anything, but no contact there either.

So I gave up on Ford and went with another manufacture last night. I will not buy another Ford. Good luck all.
Old 11/7/15, 09:22 AM
Cobra Member

Received 26 Likes on 25 Posts
OK I gotta Know what did you buy? Going Formal?
Old 11/7/15, 10:31 AM

Well, as much as I wanted to spite Ford and buy a Camaro or Challenger - I couldn't do it. So I went a another direction and bought a Hyundai Genesis R-Spec Sedan. Totally different type car - didn't want something that i would have been comparing to the Mustang.
Old 11/7/15, 08:57 PM
Tasca Super Boss 429 Member

Received 31 Likes on 28 Posts
Question Weird

Well everyone, it has been another week. I have escalated through all the channels I can find, and yet zero response from anyone at Ford. The dealer is willing to re-order and honer the agreed price, but had nothing else to offer. I have no idea if Deysha tried anything, but no contact there either.

So I gave up on Ford and went with another manufacture last night. I will not buy another Ford. Good luck all.
So I went a another direction and bought a Hyundai Genesis R-Spec Sedan. Totally different type car - didn't want something that i would have been comparing to the Mustang.
Great ?
So for $50K you now have a car that almost goes as fast and corners as well as a 2005 Mustang.
http://www.motortrend.com/roadtests/sedans/1404_2015_hyundai_genesis_v8_first_test/

Just because you can't forgive a couple of mistakes and wait a few weeks for the right Mustang?
Old 11/7/15, 09:11 PM
Cobra R Member

Received 41 Likes on 38 Posts
Originally Posted by karman
Great ?
So for $50K you now have a car that almost goes as fast and corners as well as a 2005 Mustang.
http://www.motortrend.com/roadtests/sedans/1404_2015_hyundai_genesis_v8_first_test/

Just because you can't forgive a couple of mistakes and wait a few weeks for the right Mustang?
A few weeks? It'd likely be two months, minimum. I'd be looking elsewhere as well.
Old 11/7/15, 09:14 PM
Bullitt Member

Received 16 Likes on 15 Posts
Originally Posted by Joeywhat
A few weeks? It'd likely be two months, minimum. I'd be looking elsewhere as well.
Yup, I would be also.

That's pretty ****ty for the dealer to just go "Start over from square one and the start the whole process over again."
Old 11/7/15, 09:16 PM
Cobra R Member

Originally Posted by SplitSecond
Yup, I would be also.

That's pretty ****ty for the dealer to just go "Start over from square one and the start the whole process over again."
I mean, that MAY be all they can do, but regardless I'd probably jump ship as well.
Old 11/7/15, 11:07 PM
Mach 1 Member

Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts
Wants a mustang, buys a Genesis..... wat?
Old 11/7/15, 11:13 PM
Cobra R Member

Originally Posted by =HYPERDRIVE=
Is it that hard to believe? I'd own one.
Old 11/8/15, 01:41 AM
Like Father...
I ♥ Sausage

Received 588 Likes on 422 Posts
Originally Posted by =HYPERDRIVE=
Originally Posted by Joeywhat
Is it that hard to believe? I'd own one.
Yes, its pretty hard to believe. Wanted a 2 door American coupe sports car, went so far as to order one and wait for it, but bought a 4 door Korean sedan? Yeah, I find that whole scenario a bit hard to believe.

I suspect that we won't hear much else from this poster. I'll hold my breath waiting.

BTW, I make $8671 a month online, working from my house. Go to xxxxxx.xxx.com to find out how to do that work without leaving your house.

Quick Reply: Ford shipped my custom order to the wrong dealer