2015 - 2023 MUSTANG Discuss everything 2015-2023 S550 Mustang

anyone ordered the Mustang convertible?

Search this Thread

Old 4/21/15, 11:30 AM
NOT CURRENTLY ACTIVE ON THIS SITE! DO NOT USE PM FEATURE!

Received 16 Likes on 14 Posts
Originally Posted by golfertp
There have been so many "they will be shipping soon" stories that your credibility is lost with these general statements. The last time I was able to get some info back was they were going to start shipping on April 6. Now it is April 20th and they should start shipping in the next week or so. Topping it off is the silence by Ford and their dealers. Completely disingenuous and shameful. Ford has contact info on every buyer and yet there are no emails, no letters, no apologies, no here is what we are going to do for you due to this situation. Nothing. A perfect case of how not to provide customer service & engender loyalty - they are doing everything wrong.
I understand where you’re coming from, golfertp. There was only one date previous to this, not sure what was shared by dealers/customers/etc. We’ve been waiting on the supplier, which we just got info from. Unfortunately, some of which is considered proprietary information. If I get any more details I’ll be sure to share.

Deysha
Old 4/21/15, 05:40 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Deshya - Again, Ford's response misses the mark and shows it is more concerned with it's backside than it is about customer service. What is proprietary about telling us when these will be shipped? I am not looking for the design or the compounds that this is made of, or who the vendor is or any other detail than when it will be delivered. It would be nice for Ford to extend an olive branch to those that have helped make this car #1 or at least stop the BS and share the truth. Sadly, your response makes one think that these will not becoming soon and Ford doesn't want to say anything that might slow down it's convertible sales....
Old 4/21/15, 06:02 PM

Posted earlier today on another site by someone else. Notice yet another story with another delivery date....Come on, man up and tell the truth!

My car was delivered over three months ago without the tonneau covers. Dealer doesn't have a clue nor a parts number. They have washed their hands of the whole matter. Calls to Ford Customer Service usually leads to a "made" up date that slips with each month. I even wrote to the CEO, other execs and got a letter from a customer service rep, Davonya Lyons, from Ford Customer Service in Dearborn Mich, who says that Ford has "confirmed that the estimated date to ship these covers is sometime mid-May. We unfortunately do not have the exact date, but they are expected in May."

What is interesting is that I am starting to see a few 2015's around town with the covers. One was a rental car. I asked the driver. Could it be that Ford has had a new OEM parts manufacturer make a limited amount and is doling them out to selected dealers. Two months ago, the parts manager told me in a fit of frustration that Ford had just 30 covers made and they shipped them to selected dealers. Could that be true?
Old 4/21/15, 06:15 PM
FR500 Member

Received 118 Likes on 101 Posts
Deshya - Again, Ford's response misses the mark and shows it is more concerned with it's backside than it is about customer service. What is proprietary about telling us when these will be shipped? I am not looking for the design or the compounds that this is made of, or who the vendor is or any other detail than when it will be delivered. It would be nice for Ford to extend an olive branch to those that have helped make this car #1 or at least stop the BS and share the truth. Sadly, your response makes one think that these will not becoming soon and Ford doesn't want to say anything that might slow down it's convertible sales....
I don't think this forum is the proper place to air your complaints and disatisfaction with Ford. The S550 is a new design and new direction and there are bound to be glitches in a start-up year. It happens. Frankly, the impression I get is that you are prematurely and unnecessarily making a mountain out of a mole hill. At least that's how your words come across.

Although I've never had to seek assistance from Deshya, there are countless members here who have and from what I gather she's a stand-up gal and is quite exceptional at helping to solve most problems and issues. But she's only human and can't always help in some cases.

Her response indicates that she is aware and working on getting an answer for you. You're just one of many customers who she works very hard for. I suspect she will get an answer for you, or if unable, will direct you to someone who can. She seems to have given you the best answer she can with information that's available.

Allow her the time to do her job for you.
Old 4/21/15, 07:21 PM

All due respect, but Ford won't engage us in a conversation and won't provide us any concrete information regarding delivery of a key part of our car - for months. Where else should we go but to air this - pretty tamely I think - on the forums? We know Deshya has no say in this and is just doing as instructed by Ford.

BTW - Love the triple black!
Old 4/22/15, 11:46 AM

Deysha - Again, Ford's response misses the mark and shows it is more concerned with it's backside than it is about customer service. What is proprietary about telling us when these will be shipped? I am not looking for the design or the compounds that this is made of, or who the vendor is or any other detail than when it will be delivered. It would be nice for Ford to extend an olive branch to those that have helped make this car #1 or at least stop the BS and share the truth. Sadly, your response makes one think that these will not becoming soon and Ford doesn't want to say anything that might slow down it's convertible sales....
Understood, golfertp. Thank you for your input.

Originally Posted by TripleBlack14
I don't think this forum is the proper place to air your complaints and disatisfaction with Ford. The S550 is a new design and new direction and there are bound to be glitches in a start-up year. It happens. Frankly, the impression I get is that you are prematurely and unnecessarily making a mountain out of a mole hill. At least that's how your words come across.

Although I've never had to seek assistance from Deysha, there are countless members here who have and from what I gather she's a stand-up gal and is quite exceptional at helping to solve most problems and issues. But she's only human and can't always help in some cases.

Her response indicates that she is aware and working on getting an answer for you. You're just one of many customers who she works very hard for. I suspect she will get an answer for you, or if unable, will direct you to someone who can. She seems to have given you the best answer she can with information that's available.

Allow her the time to do her job for you.
I appreciate your support, TripleBlack14!

Deysha
Old 5/13/15, 12:34 AM

I see I'm not the only one wondering why what is part of the car (the tonneau covers) didn't come with the car. <sigh>
Old 5/14/15, 05:46 PM

Has anyone received notification from Ford on the shipping of these? HAs anyone actually received them?
Old 5/15/15, 10:15 AM

Has anyone received notification from Ford on the shipping of these? HAs anyone actually received them?
They just began shipping this week, golfertp.

Deysha
Old 5/15/15, 02:38 PM

I ordered my car on December 31, took delivery March 9. On May 15th I received notification in the mail from Ford that the caps will be shipped via UPS and should arrive in 1-2 weeks. I hope I don't have to pay any UPS charges since I live in Canada
Old 5/15/15, 05:43 PM

Got my postcard today....
Old 5/15/15, 11:13 PM

I ordered my Mustang on April 29th and I inquired about the caps as well during one of the follow ups with my dealer... I was told mine "should" come with them when it is delivered so I am assuming that there was some sort of delay in the initial release of the S550 and now they are processing the shipments in May.

I believe they made a mistake on the initial shipment of mustangs and are now doing their best to get them out to everyone. I don't mean to sound repetitive.

One of my buddies just got his GT vert last week and his had the caps included. Guess you just have to chalk it up to entry-year issues where it can get real busy.

Still waiting on my order!

Cheers
Old 5/16/15, 03:28 PM

They are on their way. I'm really happy

I can live with 1 or 2 more weeks. They will have a long trip to Germany anyway

Thank you Deysha for being so patient with us

Monika
Old 5/16/15, 04:23 PM
Legacy Tms Member

Received 34 Likes on 26 Posts
GREAT looking verts here.
Old 5/18/15, 07:01 AM

Originally Posted by mdavelaar
I ordered my car on December 31, took delivery March 9. On May 15th I received notification in the mail from Ford that the caps will be shipped via UPS and should arrive in 1-2 weeks. I hope I don't have to pay any UPS charges since I live in Canada
You should not have to, mdavelaar.

Originally Posted by JamesS550
I ordered my Mustang on April 29th and I inquired about the caps as well during one of the follow ups with my dealer... I was told mine "should" come with them when it is delivered so I am assuming that there was some sort of delay in the initial release of the S550 and now they are processing the shipments in May.
Yours should definitely have them in the trunk when it arrives, JamesS550.

Originally Posted by yogilu
They are on their way. I'm really happy
I can live with 1 or 2 more weeks. They will have a long trip to Germany anyway

Thank you Deysha for being so patient with us
You’re very welcome, yogilu!!

Deysha
Old 5/18/15, 11:39 AM

Originally Posted by FordService
You should not have to, mdavelaar.

Yours should definitely have them in the trunk when it arrives, JamesS550.

You’re very welcome, yogilu!!

Deysha
Thanks for confirming that with me Deysha. Glad to hear they will come with the vehicle.

I also sent you a PM on the order status of my mustang. I am hoping you can give me an update as I cannot get accurate information on the status of my order
right now. I know you're busy, so I'll try to be as patient as I can be.

Thanks again!
Old 5/19/15, 06:26 AM

Originally Posted by JamesS550
Thanks for confirming that with me Deysha. Glad to hear they will come with the vehicle.

I also sent you a PM on the order status of my mustang. I am hoping you can give me an update as I cannot get accurate information on the status of my order
right now. I know you're busy, so I'll try to be as patient as I can be.

Thanks again!
You’re very welcome, JamesS550! Will you please check on that PM? I don’t have any from you in my inbox.

Deysha
Old 6/9/15, 08:10 AM

The caps arrived today. Just in time. Tomorrow we go on vacation

Thanks again Deysha !!
Old 6/10/15, 06:59 AM

Originally Posted by yogilu
The caps arrived today. Just in time. Tomorrow we go on vacation

Thanks again Deysha !!
Woo hoo! You're very welcome, yogilu! Safe travels!!

Deysha