2015 - 2023 MUSTANG Discuss everything 2015-2023 S550 Mustang

anyone ordered the Mustang convertible?

Search this Thread

Old 12/8/14, 08:52 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Smile anyone ordered the Mustang convertible?

hey fellas,

i just ordered a black and a magnetic convertible. they say it'll come by January end. has anyone else ordered one?
Old 12/8/14, 09:38 PM

Originally Posted by shreyagr
hey fellas,

i just ordered a black and a magnetic convertible. they say it'll come by January end. has anyone else ordered one?
You ordered a black and a magnetic convertible or just a magnetic (black top)? I ordered my Magnetic Vert on 11/10, got my VIN on 11/13, and it just went into production today with a build date of 12/15. Hopefully it ships before Christmas. I have heard that all orders are now being scheduled for after the two week plant shutdown for Christmas and New Years so you might end up not getting it until February but you never know.
Old 12/8/14, 11:08 PM

Question how do you get dates from VIN?

i ordered both. one for me and one for a friend. any specific reason why u got the magnetic?

and how do u get to know the dates from the VIN?
Old 12/9/14, 09:02 AM

i ordered both. one for me and one for a friend. any specific reason why u got the magnetic?

and how do u get to know the dates from the VIN?
Wow, you are a good friend! Haha I originally ordered Black but changed my mind before it went into production after doing a tour of my area's dealerships and seeing every color in person. I have always owned black cars and just felt like it was time to try something else. Magnetic struck me as a good balance between color and stealth but then I saw it in the sun. Holy S#%t did it come to life. A black model was sitting next to it and it definitely was a beautiful black but lines and detail seemed to be lost on it whereas every single line/curve/accent was pronounced on the magnetic. I immediately called my dealer and ask him to change my order.

You don't get your dates from the VIN exactly. Your dealer should have your build week once it is scheduled but you can also Private message FordService (search for username) on here with your VIN and she can help you out. Unfortunately we can't track the production ourselves on COTUS because only Fastbacks show up on there.
Old 12/9/14, 11:22 AM
NOT CURRENTLY ACTIVE ON THIS SITE! DO NOT USE PM FEATURE!

Received 16 Likes on 14 Posts
hey fellas,

Welcome and congrats on your orders, shreyagr! PM me with your dealer’s name and order numbers so I can track them.

Originally Posted by mkenny28
Wow, you are a good friend! Haha I originally ordered Black but changed my mind before it went into production after doing a tour of my area's dealerships and seeing every color in person. I have always owned black cars and just felt like it was time to try something else. Magnetic struck me as a good balance between color and stealth but then I saw it in the sun. Holy S#%t did it come to life. A black model was sitting next to it and it definitely was a beautiful black but lines and detail seemed to be lost on it whereas every single line/curve/accent was pronounced on the magnetic. I immediately called my dealer and ask him to change my order.

You don't get your dates from the VIN exactly. Your dealer should have your build week once it is scheduled but you can also Private message FordService (search for username) on here with your VIN and she can help you out. Unfortunately we can't track the production ourselves on COTUS because only Fastbacks show up on there.
Thank you for the mention, mkenny28!

Deysha
Old 12/9/14, 01:12 PM

Originally Posted by FordService
Welcome and congrats on your orders, shreyagr! PM me with your dealer’s name and order numbers so I can track them.

Thank you for the mention, mkenny28!

Deysha
Of course! You are a huge help to all of us here!
Old 12/10/14, 02:32 PM

A black model was sitting next to it and it definitely was a beautiful black but lines and detail seemed to be lost on it whereas every single line/curve/accent was pronounced on the magnetic.
I agree! Great to hear that ! Do let us know when you finally get yours! That too with a few pictures and a review
Old 12/12/14, 07:23 AM

Of course! You are a huge help to all of us here!
Awwwee!! Thanks, mkenny28!

Deysha
Old 12/12/14, 06:34 PM
Bullitt Member

Name:  E2422318-5F89-4243-A5C0-112EBBABB787.jpg
Views: 125
Size:  49.0 KB

Old 12/14/14, 01:24 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
RR company convertible.

The Red convertible is a company car. Sad...no retail orders delivered yet.
Old 12/15/14, 04:43 PM

FYI, Cotus now works for tracking convertibles but it only seems to be this URL so far

http://wwwqa.cotus.ford.com
Old 12/29/14, 02:35 PM

When I check with my order number on cotus, it shows an order for Ford Explorer
Old 12/29/14, 03:27 PM

When I check with my order number on cotus, it shows an order for Ford Explorer
Try with the VIn if you have it, the dealer may have accidentally given you the wrong order number.
Old 1/8/15, 03:08 PM

Ordered on 12/17

I'm new to this forum stuff so excuse my lack of knowledge. I'm trying to get info on my order, can anyone here help?

QUOTE=shreyagr;6876548]hey fellas,

i just ordered a black and a magnetic convertible. they say it'll come by January end. has anyone else ordered one?[/QUOTE]
Old 1/8/15, 03:13 PM

Confused

time here is 4:15, I see on post that time is 6 hrs ahead, what's up with that ?
Old 1/8/15, 09:27 PM
GT Member

Originally Posted by nlavio
I'm new to this forum stuff so excuse my lack of knowledge. I'm trying to get info on my order, can anyone here help?

PM FORDSERVICE on this forum. She is post number 5 on this thread.

As for the time being off, check your timezone settings. Go to the user control panel on the forum and look at Settings & Options and click Edit Options. Timezone is on that page.
Old 1/9/15, 09:51 AM

Originally Posted by nlavio
I sure can, nlavio! Welcome! PM me with your dealer’s name and order number so I can help.

Originally Posted by LinckG
PM FORDSERVICE on this forum. She is post number 5 on this thread.
Thank you for the mention, LinckG!

Deysha
Old 1/9/15, 09:06 PM

Ordered 10/3/14

I ordered my convertible on 10/3/14 and it just arrived at the dealer tonight 1/9/15 in the Philly area. So it took just over 3 months, but there were a couple holidays in between, not to mention snow during the rail delivery. And I placed my order just when they started taking convertible orders. I would hope that the time is shorter now that they are cranking them out.
Attached Thumbnails anyone ordered the Mustang convertible?-image.jpg  
Old 1/14/15, 12:12 PM

I ordered on 11/10, Built on 12/17, picked up last night 1/13. This car is amazing!

anyone ordered the Mustang convertible?-imag0512.jpg
Old 1/14/15, 07:49 PM
GT Member

I ordered on 11/10, Built on 12/17, picked up last night 1/13. This car is amazing!

Attachment 167506

Wow, that's a nice color! I had a hard time deciding between Magnetic and Ruby Red. I went Red, but I still love Magnetic. If I was married, I'd make my wife get a Magnetic Mustang so we could swap colors.

My Ruby Red convertible was ordered on 1/6.

I was looking at BMW hardtop convertibles and remembered I had planned on getting the 50th Anniversary Mustang back when I had my 35th Anniversary. Took a test drive with the kids, and to my amazement, they said the back seat was not too cramped. That was all the encouragement I needed.

Quick Reply: anyone ordered the Mustang convertible?