2015 - 2023 MUSTANG Discuss everything 2015-2023 S550 Mustang

2015 mustang haters.

Search this Thread

Old 7/16/14, 09:37 PM
Mach 1 Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
All of you people who seem to constantly complain about the 2015; oh it looks like a fusion, oh it's to European, oh it's ugly, etc, please stop. It's not my absolute favorite either, but it's here to stay whether you like it or not. No matter what you say, what you do, this car is rolling out in a few months. And changed looks aside, it's actually a very nice car. So please act like mature people and stop complaining about it. Thanks for reading.
Attached Thumbnails 2015 mustang haters.-image-2850734596.jpg  

Last edited by Supersnake04; 7/17/14 at 05:39 PM.
Old 7/16/14, 11:01 PM
Post *****

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Are you kidding? I still ***** about the 10-12 diaper mobile every chance I get.

And believe it or not, feedback does reach corporate.
Old 7/16/14, 11:14 PM
Mach 1 Member

Originally Posted by cdynaco
Are you kidding? I still ***** about the 10-12 diaper mobile every chance I get. And believe it or not, feedback does reach corporate.
I realize that, but they're not coming out with a completely different car in this amount of time, not going to happen. They my can do something later, but this car is (has) going to happen. This year.
Old 7/17/14, 12:08 AM
Legacy TMS Member

Received 107 Likes on 95 Posts
Originally Posted by Supersnake04
I realize that, but they're not coming out with a completely different car in this amount of time, not going to happen. They my can do something later, but this car is (has) going to happen. This year.
True but look how much the S197 has changed in its years. All those changes came from customer feed back. (Suggestions and complaints) People will always complain, we have to take it with a grain of salt.

Last edited by GrnT; 7/17/14 at 12:11 AM.
Old 7/17/14, 12:37 AM
Mach 1 Member

Received 40 Likes on 38 Posts
Originally Posted by GrnT
True but look how much the S197 has changed in its years. All those changes came from customer feed back. (Suggestions and complaints) People will always complain, we have to take it with a grain of salt.
Yes, this exactly. I don't like the new style but if they de-fusionize it just a little over the next few years I might find it palatable soon enough.
Old 7/17/14, 06:24 AM
Legacy Tms Member

Received 99 Likes on 60 Posts
Originally Posted by Supersnake04
All of you people who seem to constantly complain about the 2015; oh it looks like a fusion, oh it's to European, oh it's ugly, etc, please stop. It's not my absolute favorite either, but it's here to stay whether you like it or not. No matter what you say, what you do, this car is rolling out in a few months. And changed looks aside, it's actually a very nice car. So please act like mature people and stop complaining about it. Thanks for reading.
Can we have automatic haters stop too?
Old 7/17/14, 07:07 AM
Cobra Member

Received 18 Likes on 17 Posts
A haters gonna hate,

And

A playas gonna play. :-)
Old 7/17/14, 07:41 AM
Bullitt Member

Originally Posted by cdynaco
Are you kidding? I still ***** about the 10-12 diaper mobile every chance I get.

And believe it or not, feedback does reach corporate.
The rear didn't change in the '13/'14 model except for the taillights, did it? Why'd you stop *****ing about it then?
Old 7/17/14, 08:06 AM
Legacy TMS Member

Received 667 Likes on 541 Posts
I will complain. I will complain loudly, and often, if it's that much of a problem for me.

As Charlie said, the diapermobiles they put out were hideous. And they changed them.

I expect that this front end will change, and change quickly, because the sales will be that sucky, and for that reason alone. They did everything else right with the car, to me, seems, and for them to tack on a fusion/taurus front end on that car is just...

Good luck with the censorship, though, David.
Old 7/17/14, 08:12 AM
Legacy TMS Member

Received 667 Likes on 541 Posts
Originally Posted by IndustryLeech
The rear didn't change in the '13/'14 model except for the taillights, did it? Why'd you stop *****ing about it then?
Yes they did. The giant black diaper moulding on the bumpers in 10-12 vs the entire design of the bumpers in 13-14 are a ton different.

12: http://www.ridelust.com/wp-content/u...ight-Rear1.jpg

14: http://image.motortrend.com/f/wot/13...e-quarters.jpg

A lot better.
Old 7/17/14, 08:25 AM
Cobra Member

Received 7 Likes on 4 Posts
Originally Posted by houtex
I will complain. I will complain loudly, and often, if it's that much of a problem for me.

As Charlie said, the diapermobiles they put out were hideous. And they changed them.

I expect that this front end will change, and change quickly, because the sales will be that sucky, and for that reason alone. They did everything else right with the car, to me, seems, and for them to tack on a fusion/taurus front end on that car is just...

Good luck with the censorship, though, David.
You are entitled to your opinion, but you must realize that it may not be the opinion of the majority. I think this car looks great. And there are many others that agree. I expect this car will have no problem meeting its sales numbers.
You can take heart in the fact that there's no doubt they will change the front end because cars must evolve and change. However, I have great doubt that this change will be motivated by poor sales.
Old 7/17/14, 08:30 AM
Super Boss Lawman Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by AWmustang
You are entitled to your opinion, but you must realize that it may not be the opinion of the majority. I think this car looks great. And there are many others that agree. I expect this car will have no problem meeting its sales numbers. You can take heart in the fact that there's no doubt they will change the front end because cars must evolve and change. However, I have great doubt that this change will be motivated by poor sales.
I agree and wonder if there wasn't a fusion would people have anything to complain about??
Old 7/17/14, 08:31 AM
GT Member

Haha people get so offended. Thank God everyone doesn't like everything you like! How bad would it be if everyone agreed with you all the time, then everyone would drive the same thing as you and copy your every move. It's nice being in disagreement, and I welcome the haters! There are people that don't like Ford at all. Fine with me, just more people that will drive a lesser vehicle in my eyes.

The criticism of the 2015 is welcomed by me, and still would be even if I had ordered it. I don't care if everyone likes what I drive. Scrutiny drives improvement. Having no criticism would suck because they wouldn't be able to improve in the following years... It could only be less good lol

All that said, I like the 2015 as much as I dislike it! I welcome the performance improvements and the reworking of the interior. I do not like the exterior as much as the previous 4 years. It has traces of mustang and traces of fusion as much as ford wants to deny it. You can thank Europe for that, and that's my complaint. This is an American car, and they are trying to globalize it. I bought the 2014 because they are doing away with this being a primarily American vehicle and caving in to pressures to have the car be more economical and sports car-esque when it's supposed to be a pony car. It's supposed to be what it was for the last fee years and, ford succumbed to GMs pressure to make a sports car to compete with the camaro on the track, which I will admit it to being a better handling car. I welcome the mustang being a better handling car especially coming from a focus st and loving the cars ability in any handling situation, but I don't want the car to lose it's aggressive styling as an in your face mean clenched fist pummeling down the road. In the long run, this will mark a change for the mustang as they are now trying to appease multiple markets with it, and it will never be as tailored for the US market as it was from 2014 back :/

So that said, criticism is good because ford might consider keeping the handling and performance changes while trying to make it look more the like the muscle car it was always intended to be, and less like the mondeo that might make cars sell in EUR
Old 7/17/14, 08:43 AM
Mach 1 Member

Received 40 Likes on 38 Posts
Originally Posted by barebone- 5.0
All that said, I like the 2015 as much as I dislike it!
Well said, I have the same sentiment. There's a lot to like about the new model. But I keep saying to myself "I suppose it doesn't look that bad. Maybe I'll like it better when I see one in person."

However when I saw the pics of the 5.0 s197s I was like "awesome, can't wait to see one on the streets."

If there are too many people with my attitude, it's bad for the Mustang's image, which is what sells these cars. If not, great. If the bored ex-Mustang fans are replaced by Europeans, also great.
Old 7/17/14, 08:56 AM
Shelby GT350 Member

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
Crap .. I came in here thinking you were starting a 2015 Haters club and I was gonna join! Thanks for wasting my time!
Old 7/17/14, 09:02 AM
GT Member

Originally Posted by dmhines
Crap .. I came in here thinking you were starting a 2015 Haters club and I was gonna join! Thanks for wasting my time!
Seriously though
Attached Images   
Old 7/17/14, 09:14 AM
Bullitt Member

Originally Posted by houtex
Yes they did. The giant black diaper moulding on the bumpers in 10-12 vs the entire design of the bumpers in 13-14 are a ton different.

12: http://www.ridelust.com/wp-content/u...ight-Rear1.jpg

14: http://image.motortrend.com/f/wot/13...e-quarters.jpg

A lot better.
Ah, I guess it's a lot different than I thought. It does look better, but I like the nose/front of the '10-'12 better than the '13-'14 nose.
Old 7/17/14, 09:28 AM
Mach 1 Member

hey, don't you dare do it, the thread name is copyrighted by me!
Old 7/17/14, 10:47 AM
Bullitt Member

I was undecided at first on the 2015, but it's grown on me. So, I like the 2015 - including the front grill - probably because my 2014 has the honeycomb Pony Package grill.

But yes, there will always be someone who dislikes your car. For instance, Rick at the office here - he hates my 2014 Mustang, and I reciprocate by hating on his car just as much.

But then, he has a 2014 electric Smart Fortwo... so I know that in this case, I'm 100% right.
Old 7/17/14, 01:47 PM
Post *****

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Quick Reply: 2015 mustang haters.