2015 - 2023 MUSTANG Discuss everything 2015-2023 S550 Mustang

2015 mustang haters.

Search this Thread

Old 7/24/14, 01:05 PM
Legacy TMS Member

Received 788 Likes on 574 Posts
Originally Posted by laserred38
Ford unveiled the last Falcon today. I really wish they'd offer this to us with a 5.0 and 6MT. I'd trade my Mustang in immediately!!
How many threads are you going to post that in??
Old 7/24/14, 01:06 PM
Legacy TMS Member

Received 166 Likes on 141 Posts
Originally Posted by JoeMidnight
no you wouldn't! you just got it!
I can say that because it'll never happen

Originally Posted by Glenn
How many threads are you going to post that in??
Two I tell ya! Two!!
Old 7/30/14, 08:15 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Reading this thread, it is clear that some of the younger Stangers have allowed the history and tradition of Mustang to pass them by for the sake of what may look good to them. Some of us have had many Mustangs, since the first day. We were driving Mustangs before some of you were born! I, myself have had 9 up til now. I was expecting the 2015 to carry on the tradition. Last spring, I even worked hard and succeeded in ordering a 50th Annivesary, white, 6 speed, sticker price! My name is on it. The dealer called me last week about the VIN. This is how serious the dislike is: after seeing many pictures and videos, I don't know that I want to get it! The interior and drive train is great. The rear end is horrible. It looks like a wreck of a European/ Fusion/ modernity. As an old timer, I feel betrayed. It runs just that deep in us old guys. Now, I'm not sure what I will do. I have a great '14 with performance package, red, Ricarro, so why should I change. No, I am not rich, but money isn't the issue. I can handle that. It is a rich heritage of a great car that seems to be leaving at mock speed! I now this is my opinion, anyway, and am glad that some of you like it. Talk to me: buy it or not?
Old 7/30/14, 08:17 PM
Mach 1 Member

Originally Posted by Rev Ron
Reading this thread, it is clear that some of the younger Stangers have allowed the history and tradition of Mustang to pass them by for the sake of what may look good to them. Some of us have had many Mustangs, since the first day. We were driving Mustangs before some of you were born! I, myself have had 9 up til now. I was expecting the 2015 to carry on the tradition. Last spring, I even worked hard and succeeded in ordering a 50th Annivesary, white, 6 speed, sticker price! My name is on it. The dealer called me last week about the VIN. This is how serious the dislike is: after seeing many pictures and videos, I don't know that I want to get it! The interior and drive train is great. The rear end is horrible. It looks like a wreck of a European/ Fusion/ modernity. As an old timer, I feel betrayed. It runs just that deep in us old guys. Now, I'm not sure what I will do. I have a great '14 with performance package, red, Ricarro, so why should I change. No, I am not rich, but money isn't the issue. I can handle that. It is a rich heritage of a great car that seems to be leaving at mock speed! I now this is my opinion, anyway, and am glad that some of you like it. Talk to me: buy it or not?
just order the car, pay it off, and sign it over to me, problem solved! I prefer the old style but, the thing I like about it is the fact that it's faster than mine! Haha
Old 7/30/14, 08:25 PM
Super Boss Lawman Member

Received 213 Likes on 146 Posts
So you've had 9 before? Did you buy 1 in every iteration or were there some designs that you skipped? I think that if the buying public demands some redesign of the '15, then in 16 it will happen. If you like your 14, then stick with it. New innovation is always risky but if the public respond with poor numbers then 16 will be another adjustment.
Old 7/30/14, 08:26 PM
Shelby GT500 Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
You should have your head examined if you actually get rid of your 2014 pony for that 2015 model. No way would I ever get rid of my S197 for a Futaurstang/370 Z. The rear end on that 2015 is a pure train reck in my own opinion. Hope this helps.

Lets recap! Do not get rid of your glorious 2014 for a 2015 model. If you do, check yourself in to the nearest head shrink and get on heavy meds. Or get your eyes checked. Lol
Old 7/30/14, 08:49 PM
SUPERCHARGED RED ROCKET ------------------Master-Moderator

Received 2,236 Likes on 1,786 Posts
If you love your current 14 as you mentioned in your post ? Then just hold on to it..

As for the 15 S550 goes ? I would wait until you actually see the car in person before deciding as to whether you like it or not..

Pictures and videos are totally different when compared to being up close and in person..
Old 7/30/14, 09:07 PM
Bullitt Member

Not everybody thinks the 2013-2014 is all that awesome. I know it's hard for some people to wrap their brains around, but there are people that think that 2015 is a great-looking car. It doesn't make them stupid or crazy. I really hate the small-mindedness of this nonsense.

You don't like it...fine. Maybe try not to be a 10-year-old and act like only your opinion counts.
Old 7/30/14, 10:31 PM
Bullitt Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by DarrenGT
So you've had 9 before? Did you buy 1 in every iteration or were there some designs that you skipped? I think that if the buying public demands some redesign of the '15, then in 16 it will happen. If you like your 14, then stick with it. New innovation is always risky but if the public respond with poor numbers then 16 will be another adjustment.
My first car was a Mustang II. I've had two Foxes, one SN95, two New Edges, one S197 and my current Boss 302.. I have seen the 2015 in person. I think it will make a fine continuation of the Mustang tradition but....

I find the 2015 to be a strange mix of modern design and heritage elements that don't blend perfectly together. It's almost as if the designers started with a strikingly beautiful modern sports car and were ordered to integrate a bunch of heritage design cues that don't quite blend well together in the overall package. I think if the 2015 weren't forced to have all the heritage elements, it would be a stunning, modern sports car that would generate a new, modern heritage for the Mustang with inspiration from the 60's in it's shape and layout but not the specific design elements forced on this car.

I think I'm out at this point but that's not to say that I won't buy an S550 at some time in the future. When I first heard that the new platform was going to be a completely modern Mustang, I was hoping that it was going to be a complete departure from past design themes. I don't think that's happened yet but the potential is certainly there.

Does this make any sense?
Old 7/31/14, 12:01 AM
Super Boss Lawman Member

Originally Posted by Boss 0960
My first car was a Mustang II. I've had two Foxes, one SN95, two New Edges, one S197 and my current Boss 302.. I have seen the 2015 in person. I think it will make a fine continuation of the Mustang tradition but....

I find the 2015 to be a strange mix of modern design and heritage elements that don't blend perfectly together. It's almost as if the designers started with a strikingly beautiful modern sports car and were ordered to integrate a bunch of heritage design cues that don't quite blend well together in the overall package. I think if the 2015 weren't forced to have all the heritage elements, it would be a stunning, modern sports car that would generate a new, modern heritage for the Mustang with inspiration from the 60's in it's shape and layout but not the specific design elements forced on this car.

I think I'm out at this point but that's not to say that I won't buy an S550 at some time in the future. When I first heard that the new platform was going to be a completely modern Mustang, I was hoping that it was going to be a complete departure from past design themes. I don't think that's happened yet but the potential is certainly there.

I'm not a mustang loyalist or diehard personally, but it makes sense to me.
Old 7/31/14, 12:20 AM
Super Boss Lawman Member

I came across this tonight…WOOF!! If i saw this in person i'd be all over it!

Old 7/31/14, 12:49 AM
Mach 1 Member

Received 40 Likes on 38 Posts
Originally Posted by Boss 0960

I think it's too risky for them to depart too radically from the classic design cues.

I came into driving age during the Fox body era, and I have to admit I did not see these the same as the first and second generation. Sure, I was a brand new driver but if it hadn't said "MUSTANG" in huge letters I wouldn't have even thought they were related. Then '94 came around and everybody was saying "OMG looks just like the classics," and again I didn't see it. It took the '05s to get my attention again. And I think Ford realized that you need to keep pulling in new drivers from other brands and instantaneously recognizable Mustang heritage is what it takes... at least until all the people who were too young to buy muscle in the 70s get it out of their system.

So I don't love the 15s either, but I get it. They want to evolve the design without really saying goodbye like they did in the 80s. They need the attention too much I'm order to sell cars.
Old 7/31/14, 04:55 AM

IndustryLeech, not sure what your problem is. No one called you stupid, small minded or a 10 year old. However, you opened your mouth and revealed otherwise. Now, I just want some good feedback from some genuine Stangers who went through the Stang II years and the last 4 cylinder turbo (disasters!), and have survived. Do you think the 2015 will look all that different in person? I know what it looks like on web. Still don't know if I want to claim my 50th Anniversary car at sticker?
Old 7/31/14, 06:55 AM
Shelby GT500 Member

IndustryLeech, not sure what your problem is. No one called you stupid, small minded or a 10 year old. However, you opened your mouth and revealed otherwise. Now, I just want some good feedback from some genuine Stangers who went through the Stang II years and the last 4 cylinder turbo (disasters!), and have survived. Do you think the 2015 will look all that different in person? I know what it looks like on web. Still don't know if I want to claim my 50th Anniversary car at sticker?
I've owned Mustangs since 1986 when I bought my 1984 GT. I've owned (5) Foxbody 5.0, (3) SN95 GT, (1) 2005 GT, (2) 2010 GT, (1) 2011GT500, (1) 2012 Boss302, (1) 2013 GT TrackPack, (1) 2013 GT500 and my current 2014 GT. I have a 50th LE on order in Kona Blue.

I have seen and sat in (2) 2015 Mustangs and I absolutely love the new car. I personally thought it looked great in photos but looks even better in person. I don't think you'll be disappointed at all.

I have not been this excited for a new Mustang in some time. I like the blend of old styling cues and fresh new design.
Old 7/31/14, 07:27 AM
Shelby GT350 Member

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
I have seen the 2015 in person ... so have many others since it did the Car Show circuit all over the USA. I will just say .. i don't like how it looks in pictures. However .. it looks better in pictures than it does in person. Other have stated how at most shows they had the 2015 parked near 2014's .. and the 2014's just looked so much better.
Old 7/31/14, 08:23 AM
Shelby GT500 Member

Originally Posted by dmhines
I have seen the 2015 in person ... so have many others since it did the Car Show circuit all over the USA. I will just say .. i don't like how it looks in pictures. However .. it looks better in pictures than it does in person. Other have stated how at most shows they had the 2015 parked near 2014's .. and the 2014's just looked so much better.
I couldn't agree..... with you at all. We can just agree to disagree.
Old 7/31/14, 08:57 AM
Bullitt Member

I'm not saying anyone personally attacked me, not sure where you got that implication. I'm speaking generally to people that present their opinion(s) about the S550, or anything for that matter, as an absolute fact. Read the thread, there's plenty of that. RIF.
Old 7/31/14, 09:19 AM
Mach 1 Member

Originally Posted by dmhines
I saw the 2015 at the 50th anniversary in Charlotte, I thought it was great car, though I wish it was a classic body style, it in itself was a great car. To me, the 2014 mustang is a goddess, the shark bite grill is sexy as hell and the body is beautiful, I would die for one! Though I guess this is coming from an ragged SN95 owner who would love an upgrade anyway!
And speaking of the SN95, doesn't it have kind of the same idea as the 2015? A (when they came out) modern looking car with some classic design mixed in?
Old 7/31/14, 10:05 AM
Legacy TMS Member

Received 166 Likes on 141 Posts
Originally Posted by Supersnake04
I saw the 2015 at the 50th anniversary in Charlotte, I thought it was great car, though I wish it was a classic body style, it in itself was a great car. To me, the 2014 mustang is a goddess, the shark bite grill is sexy as hell and the body is beautiful, I would die for one! Though I guess this is coming from an ragged SN95 owner who would love an upgrade anyway! And speaking of the SN95, doesn't it have kind of the same idea as the 2015? A (when they came out) modern looking car with some classic design mixed in?
As a former SN95 owner, I agree. To me, the 2015 isn't my favorite design, and there are things about it I'm still not sold on, but it still looks like a Mustang to me. There are some nuances that are similar to the rest of the Ford lineup, but are you telling me you couldn't see Falcon in the 65-68 Mustang? Or the Taurus/Escort/Probe in the Fox Mustangs? Or the Taurus, T-Bird, Escort in the 94-98 Mustangs?

I don't like the headlights in pics, because I don't like the angle. I don't *not* like them because they look similar to Fusion headlights. The Fusion is a good looking car, and it's selling like hot cakes. If the Mustang came out first, you all wouldn't be sanding the same tune.

If the 2015 was available with a Glass Roof, I would've bought one. Fact.
Old 7/31/14, 10:17 AM
Super Boss Lawman Member

Last night over coffee with a buddy (Toyota truck owner) who doesn't know mustangs (other than my own) i showed him pics of the new mustang and he said 'that's a fusion isn't it?' LOL

I thought it was funny. The '15 is growing on me when i see it done up just right with more muscle car elements like the pic of the red one i posted above

Quick Reply: 2015 mustang haters.