2015 - 2023 MUSTANG Discuss everything 2015-2023 S550 Mustang

2015 mustang haters.

Search this Thread

Old 7/20/14, 04:26 PM
Post *****

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Originally Posted by Astenax
I noticed a huge swath of potential future 2015 owners, are current owners of late 90's to 2010 mustangs! Could it be that there is some butt hurt going on towards 11 to 14's for having that bad *** Coyote 5.0? Maybe having to sit back for 4 years and watch the 5.0's having all the fun had caused some envy And now they are in a $$ position to buy and they are hating on current 5.0 owners especially for the live rear witch will dominate in the 1/4 mile anyway?
Not at all. And that's an ignorant proposition. Just like back in the day, MOST 289 owners did not suddenly go out and buy the 302. Of course you probably weren't around for the beginning era and can only relate to internet racing and hp stats. I love my 281 3V because of its unique design and throwback to great Mustang history of the Cammer. It's proven, at the peak of that engine design, did not have a few years of piston problems much less that horrid chinese transmission. I could care less what your car does or does not do.
That being said, some may be due for an upgrade because of years/miles. None of that has any bearing on whether some like the new style 100%, 75%, or whatever. The styling is far from perfect because of all the reasons posted. Ford COULD have done better. Regardless, I'm sure it will be a fine Mustang and carry on the tradition into the next 50 years.

Last edited by cdynaco; 7/20/14 at 04:28 PM.
Old 7/20/14, 04:44 PM
legacy Tms Member

Received 160 Likes on 122 Posts
i feel it will be every bit as big a hit as the 74-78 were ...
Old 7/20/14, 04:57 PM
Legacy TMS Member

Received 29 Likes on 22 Posts
Originally Posted by cdynaco
Makes the rear bumper cover pooch out like rat junk - reminiscent of the rat junk hung lo diaper.:

Quoted "rat junk hung lo" for future use, lol..,,,
Old 7/20/14, 05:31 PM
Post *****

Originally Posted by tom281
Quoted "rat junk hung lo" for future use, lol..,,,

Old 7/20/14, 09:34 PM
SUPERCHARGED RED ROCKET ------------------Master-Moderator

Received 2,236 Likes on 1,786 Posts
Originally Posted by jseams
I can understand if you don't mind it looking like a Fusion from the front - or if you think that's a good thing (ie you think the Fusion is smexy) but to deny there is more than just a passing similarity is puzzling. I don't think that the others need better eyeballs. lol
So where do you think the Fusion front came from ? It was inspired by the Evos concept..

The S550 front end was also inspired by the Evos concept along with the 68 Shelby GT500..

Check out these pics and compare for yourself..

Name:  Mustang-Hollywood-front-view-web.jpg
Views: 31
Size:  85.4 KB

Name:  68_Shelby_GT500KR_Conv_DV-06-HHA_03.jpg
Views: 62
Size:  70.8 KB

Last edited by m05fastbackGT; 7/20/14 at 09:52 PM.
Old 7/20/14, 09:40 PM
Shelby GT500 Member

Is this stupidity still going on? Seriously.......
Old 7/20/14, 09:51 PM
Post *****

Received 159 Likes on 133 Posts
Originally Posted by MyStang2010GB
Is this stupidity still going on? Seriously.......
Unfortunately

Apparently you really can't fix stupid
Old 7/20/14, 09:55 PM
Shelby GT500 Member

Originally Posted by 2k7gtcs
Unfortunately

Apparently you really can't fix stupid
that's what my grandfather used to say so I guess stupidity has been around for some time. I fear it will be for a long time to come
Old 7/20/14, 09:56 PM
Legacy TMS Member

Received 166 Likes on 141 Posts
Originally Posted by puma1552
Love it or hate it, when the S550 gets refreshed and all the sheet metal from the cowl forward gets reworked, these early S550 cars will be maligned. No disrespect meant to early S197 owners, but how bad does an '05-'09 look compared to a '13-'14? The '15s will be in the same spot come mid-cycle refresh. At least people generally really liked the '05-'09s when they came out. The '15 is really controversial, and when Ford unfusionizes it it's going to be hard for the early S550 cars. So I guess the moral is, if you like the '15, enjoy now, trade later at the refresh point. Anyway Mustangs always end up being love/hate styling for me, in terms of later cars: '87-'93: Love (GT only though) '94-'98: Love '99-'04: Hate, never liked them when they were new, still don't - WAY too pedestrian/mundane looking IMunpopularO '05-'09: Was lukewarm when they first came out, now hate '10-'12: Like a lot '13-'14: Love '15: Lukewarm Future S550 refresh: I bet I'll love it
Sorry, you have very strange taste in Mustangs. At least the later ones.

87-93 - you don't like an LX 5.0 Notch?
94-98 - you like these better than the 99-04, and think the 99-04 is too mundane compared to the 94-98??
99-04 - see above
05-09 - they were okay to me, but not nearly aggressive enough
10-12 - still like these better than the 13-14, style wise
13-14 - love, but want to paint my rockers and lower rear valance black a la 10-12
15+ - ehhh
Old 7/20/14, 09:57 PM

Perhaps its time for this thread to be closed ?
Old 7/20/14, 09:59 PM
Post *****

Originally Posted by m05fastbackGT
Perhaps its time for this thread to be closed ?
i don't see any need to censor

Maybe people can get it out of their system here
Old 7/20/14, 10:04 PM

i don't see any need to censor

Maybe people can get it out of their system here
Ive said all that was needed.. As I said before, look at the car in person before passing judgement as pictures don't do the S550 justice !
Old 7/20/14, 10:53 PM
Legacy TMS Member

Received 670 Likes on 542 Posts
Originally Posted by jseams
I can understand if you don't mind it looking like a Fusion from the front - or if you think that's a good thing (ie you think the Fusion is smexy) but to deny there is more than just a passing similarity is puzzling. I don't think that the others need better eyeballs. lol
Wow... the Mustang looks... derpy.

---

Re: censoring the thread... not so much, no.

Self censoring is a thing, people. Don't come in and comment, and/or don't come to read, and you've done your part. It'll die pretty quickly if that's the case.

With the exception of Glenn's chemtrails thread, that's how it is done.
Old 7/20/14, 10:55 PM
Bullitt Member

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts
I like my diapermobile way more than the Fusion'd mustang. Yeah, I said it. :P

Last edited by KushBandit; 7/20/14 at 10:58 PM.
Old 7/20/14, 11:03 PM
Post *****

I will never get over the rear end on the 10-12

For me it's the candy canes. I just can't stand them. Love the front of the GT (except the mutton chops) more than the 05-09 and the 13-14 but can't stand that rear end. Everytime I see one in the road I find myself admiring the front and sides and cringing at the rear.

That's why I couldn't stand following Patrick all the way to Charlotte and back. His Boss looked way better in my rear view mirror.

Last edited by 2k7gtcs; 7/20/14 at 11:44 PM.
Old 7/20/14, 11:35 PM
Bullitt Member

I will never get over the rear end on the 10-12

For me it's the candy canes. I just can't stand them. Love the front of the GT (except the mutton chops) more than the 05-09 and the 13-14 but can't stand that rear end. Everytime I see one in the road I find myself admiring the front and sides and cringing at the rear.

That's why I could stand following Patrick all the way to Charlotte and back. His Boss looked way better in my rear view mirror.
Yeah, I hear ya. I'm not the biggest fan of the rear end or mutton chops, that's why I chose a GT/CS. It's more aesthetically pleasing than the stock fascia. The candy canes though....or are they barber poles? Haha. I couldn't tell you how many times I've contemplated getting '13-'14 taillights, but they have a gap and I just wouldn't feel right with the newer model parts, it would feel phony.

Perhaps I could find a '13 GT/CS rear bumper and taillights, then I'd have MY perfect mustang

I'm most likely gonna smoke mine and add LEDs to make them bright enough to see, but time will tell on that modification.
Old 7/20/14, 11:46 PM
Post *****

Originally Posted by laserred38
Sorry, you have very strange taste in Mustangs. At least the later ones.
No... you're a youngster.

87-93 - you don't like an LX 5.0 Notch?
Jimmy square box Fox? Nope. Didn't open my wallet.

94-98 - you like these better than the 99-04, and think the 99-04 is too mundane compared to the 94-98??
99-04 - see above
Darth vader mask? Nope. SN95 didn't open my wallet.

05-09 - they were okay to me, but not nearly aggressive enough
Perfect rendition blending the beginning years. I pulled out a credit card! Within 23 days of seeing Ford's Bullitt site and the rev's on audio. (They should have never pulled that site!)

10-12 - still like these better than the 13-14, style wise

13-14 - love, but want to paint my rockers and lower rear valance black a la 10-12
My wallet is safely in my pocket. Regardless of 302. Like you said yourself - the rear is taller than my 08 Bullitt. That's the problem. Ford keeps raising that back deck and then trying to fill in that HUGE bumper cover with... diaper plastic.... black panel plastic... twink tail lights...
Finally they dropped the 15 trunk line some.

15+ - ehhh
Enough's already been said. Some positives, some takeaways...
>>>>

You have to understand. I graduated hs in 74 so got to see plenty of the real thing 65-70/71-73 on the road when they were becoming affordable as used for us high schoolers/young adults. And right when we were able to get jobs and open wallets, the ******* arabs ****ed everything up. Plus back then most of us had stern fathers that leaned hard on us not going into debt with some unsteady job. Very few of us had 'daddy' buying us Mustangs. Were there even credit cards? Auto loans where uncommon among many young adults in middle America. Banks were tight as hell. Then the gas lines changed everything and we were left with ****ing 2.3L 4 bangers for '74+. Get it?

Just like 20/30 whatevers want tablets or smt phones to mumble with their thumbs and swish with their fingers, while those of us that actually type words and thoughts use a laptop with a keyboard.
Or just like 20/30 somethings love Glock from Austria, and us 1911 loyalists laugh while we will pull American made Colts - and ONLY American made - till the end of our days. Principle and proven performance. Loyalty. Traditional America. Anything but that can **** up a rope.

So when the S197 came along, it wasn't 'midlife crisis' or 'returning to our youth' bull****. It was a chance to have modern power/handling/driveability with the Mustang looks - REAL Mustangs - that were stolen from us by greedy ****ing ragheads.

Some say the 05-09 wasn't aggressive enough. Really? Compared to what? Your single mom's mini-van? Honda? 4 door whatever? The rich guy's dad's ****ty beemer? The left it in the shop again Audi?

The 05-09 S197 restarted an era. Don't dis your roots. The real roots - not the post arab embargo 74-04 after effect. That was one hell of a long asz ****ty drought!
Perspective man, perspective.

Last edited by cdynaco; 7/21/14 at 12:19 AM.
Old 7/21/14, 12:28 AM
Legacy TMS Member

Received 166 Likes on 141 Posts
No... you're a youngster. Jimmy square box Fox? Nope. Didn't open my wallet. Darth vader mask? Nope. SN95 didn't open my wallet. Perfect rendition blending the beginning years. I pulled out a credit card! Within 23 days of seeing Ford's Bullitt site and the rev's on audio. (They should have never pulled that site!) My wallet is safely in my pocket. Regardless of 302. Like you said yourself - the rear is taller than my 08 Bullitt. That's the problem. Ford keeps raising that back deck and then trying to fill in that HUGE bumper cover with... diaper plastic.... black panel plastic... twink tail lights... Finally they dropped the 15 trunk line some. Enough's already been said. Some positives, some takeaways... >>>> You have to understand. I graduated hs in 74 so got to see plenty of the real thing 65-70/71-73 on the road when they were becoming affordable as used for us high schoolers/young adults. And right when we were able to get jobs and open wallets, the ******* arabs ****ed everything up. Plus back then most of us had stern fathers that leaned hard on us not going into debt with some unsteady job. Very few of us had 'daddy' buying us Mustangs. Were there even credit cards? Auto loans where uncommon among many young adults in middle America. Banks were tight as hell. Then the gas lines changed everything and we were left with ****ing 2.3L 4 bangers for '74+. Get it? Just like 20/30 whatevers want tablets or smt phones to mumble with their thumbs and swish with their fingers, while those of us that actually type words and thoughts use a laptop with a keyboard. Or just like 20/30 somethings love Glock from Austria, and us 1911 loyalists laugh while we will pull American made Colts - and ONLY American made - till the end of our days. Principle and proven performance. Loyalty. Traditional America. Anything but that can **** up a rope. So when the S197 came along, it wasn't 'midlife crisis' or 'returning to our youth' bull****. It was a chance to have modern power/handling/driveability with the Mustang looks - REAL Mustangs - that were stolen from us by greedy ****ing ragheads. Some say the 05-09 wasn't aggressive enough. Really? Compared to what? Your single mom's mini-van? Honda? 4 door whatever? The rich guy's dad's ****ty beemer? The left it in the shop again Audi? The 05-09 S197 restarted an era. Don't dis your roots. The real roots - not the post arab embargo 74-04 after effect. That was one hell of a long asz ****ty drought! Perspective man, perspective.
I'm torn though, I'm in the middle years. I love the square fox body, because it embodied the soul of Mustang better than any other generation, IMO. The looks? No, but the soul - yes. You had your coupe, your hatch and your vert. You had your gaudy GT but you could've had your toned down LX. Plus, that sound. That H-pipe with Flowmaster sound, that anyone KNEW was a Mustang a mile away.

Like I said, the Bullitt (and very few other 05-09s) would probably be the only 05-09 I may actually own. It's just a perfect rendition. The rest of the stock 05-09s just didn't do it for me. The 10-12 with GT/CS or Boss front end is just Mustang perfection. Rear end, not so much. But I have that honey of a motor, the coyote. And mine hasn't burned any oil yet - possibly because I drive the wheels off of it. No babying going on over here. She got broken in well

Now back to the OP. I still haven't seen a 2015 in person, so I'm in the same spot - torn because the interior looks great, but there's too much going on. I know I don't love the headlights in pics, but maybe I will in person. The back looks too wide with too narrow tires.
Old 7/21/14, 12:30 AM
Bullitt Member

My wallet is safely in my pocket. Regardless of 302. Like you said yourself - the rear is taller than my 08 Bullitt. That's the problem. Ford keeps raising that back deck and then trying to fill in that HUGE bumper cover with... diaper plastic.... black panel plastic... twink tail lights...
Hey! The diapers there so the solid axle doesn't get squirrelly when they **** on the competition :P haha.

Just like 20/30 somethings love Glock from Austria, and us 1911 loyalists laugh while we will pull American made Colts - and ONLY American made - till the end of our days. Principle and proven performance.
Holy crap. This. I never got it. I'm 22, and my generation doesn't understand quality firearms. A Glock is a plastic piece of junk. My Colt M1911 is miles ahead of it. I love my Colt AR-15 H.bar more than any other carbine out there as well. US Colt just makes good stuff (uh-oh, lets not start a gun thread lol)

So when the S197 came along, it wasn't 'midlife crisis' or 'returning to our youth' bull****. It was a chance to have modern power/handling/driveability with the Mustang looks - REAL Mustangs - that were stolen from us by greedy ****ing ragheads.
Let freedom ring!!! haha

Some say the 05-09 wasn't aggressive enough. Really? Compared to what? Your single mom's mini-van? Honda? 4 door whatever? The rich guy's dad's ****ty beemer? The left it in the shop again Audi?
They didn't put up much of a fight against their older competitors, the LS1 powered Camaro/Trans Ams. The others you mentioned? Dusted them, unless someone built their car.(or that "rich guys dads" Beamer was an M5 haha).

The 05-09 S197 restarted an era. Don't dis your roots. The real roots - not the post arab embargo after effect. Perspective man, perspective.
I tell my friends this all the time. The S197 started this "retro muscle" renaissance. Once the Mustang sold well, Dodge came back with the Charger, followed by GM rolling out the Camaro, causing the Challenger to resurrect, and ultimately forcing Ford to revamp the Mustang. The Pontiac GTO can be thrown in there as well, but most people write them off because they don't have an aggressive look.

I know you weren't talking to me, I just comment anyway :P
Old 7/21/14, 12:50 AM
A Man Just Needs Some....

Received 34 Likes on 30 Posts
Lmao this thread is stupid. By this time next year everybody will be praising pics of somebody's 15'. Customizing and what not will have everybody getting the itch. It's a new designed mustang. Every new mustang has been hated the first couple years since the 70's. The fox body was an abomination to the name plate in 79 but turned out to be one of the favorites. Same with this rendition and the next.

Quick Reply: 2015 mustang haters.