2015 - 2023 MUSTANG Discuss everything 2015-2023 S550 Mustang

2015 Mustang design discussion

Search this Thread

Old 3/16/12, 12:18 PM
FR500 Member

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Originally Posted by Brewman

I will add to that LOSE the 1st to 4th CRAP. If I wanted an auto I would buy an auto. Manual mean MANUAL.

Oh yah and the Sunroof/T-top.....Not likely..it would cut into the Vert Sales.
Well for those with maybe a bad left leg that still want the experience of being in control so that could increase the amount of potential customers. As for sunroof it could be that missing link for climates where it still gets nice but also has some hard weather that would tear up a Vert top.
Old 3/16/12, 10:33 PM
bob
Legacy TMS Member

Received 15 Likes on 10 Posts
Originally Posted by CCTking
Well for those with maybe a bad left leg that still want the experience of being in control.
Pfffttt... an robotic trans is no different than automatic trans. You never control either one. The calibration engineer does all the "control" for you.

Tapping a shift lever or wheel paddles dont count, your just telling a powertrain computer that you want to shift down or shift up.

I'm not adverse to a DSG or auto and I think your point about somebody with an impairment wanting as close to a manual experience as they can get is a good one but either choice just presents the illusion of being in control.
Old 3/17/12, 12:24 AM
FR500 Member

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Originally Posted by bob

Pfffttt... an robotic trans is no different than automatic trans. You never control either one. The calibration engineer does all the "control" for you.

Tapping a shift lever or wheel paddles dont count, your just telling a powertrain computer that you want to shift down or shift up.

I'm not adverse to a DSG or auto and I think your point about somebody with an impairment wanting as close to a manual experience as they can get is a good one but either choice just presents the illusion of being in control.
Well then let those who choose a DSG or other type of transmission experience whatever control they can have. Let them live as close to their dream as possible. Personally ive had bad knee problems (**** you skateboards!) and have been confined to an auto. I can handle stick shift but my knee doesnt like moving so much (heavy traffic) so i would still like more control over my car. I always have TCS off cuz i like the feeling of having the rear end kick out every now and then.
Either way the '13 has selectshift but id just like to see an improvement for the 15 model. More refined
Old 3/19/12, 11:29 AM
Cobra Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Well then let those who choose a DSG or other type of transmission experience whatever control they can have. Let them live as close to their dream as possible. Personally ive had bad knee problems (**** you skateboards!) and have been confined to an auto. I can handle stick shift but my knee doesnt like moving so much (heavy traffic) so i would still like more control over my car. I always have TCS off cuz i like the feeling of having the rear end kick out every now and then.
Either way the '13 has selectshift but id just like to see an improvement for the 15 model. More refined
I won't buy an auto unless it's a DCT. I don't see ford using one of those for the mustang for a while though. Most companies, other than The luxury makers, use DCT to increase efficiency rather than for performance. VWs DSG is great though. Had one in a GTI and it shifted like a dream. The one ford has now can't handle the torque. A new one will be needed for those applications.
Old 3/19/12, 11:48 AM
Cobra Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I think the 2010 thru 12 has a modern look to it. It looks like an evolved modern Mustang. In fact I would not call todays Stang RETRO I would coal it Post-Modernist.
Agreed, I had a 2007 and now a 2012 and despite some similarities the 2010-12 is definitely a more modern take. When i first seen the 2010's I remember how old it made the 2005+ body style look. The only thing I worry about with the 2015 is that Ford will "global platform" the hell out of it. I know they can't afford to cater to one market but the Mustangs heritage is American and I think a lot of people in Europe and abroad just want the car locally available, not turned into a 4 door BMW.
Old 3/19/12, 02:07 PM
GTR Member

Received 11 Likes on 8 Posts
Originally Posted by vistablue mustang
The only thing I worry about with the 2015 is that Ford will "global platform" the hell out of it. I know they can't afford to cater to one market but the Mustangs heritage is American and I think a lot of people in Europe and abroad just want the car locally available, not turned into a 4 door BMW.
This is very true. As a Brit, I love the Mustang because it isn't European. However, I have faith in Ford to ensure the '15 remains true to its Pony/Musclecar roots
Old 3/19/12, 03:17 PM

I will add to that LOSE the 1st to 4th CRAP. If I wanted an auto I would buy an auto. Manual mean MANUAL.

Oh yah and the Sunroof/T-top.....Not likely..it would cut into the Vert Sales.
Actually, if that skip shift allows Ford to tune the motor for more power yet still meet CAFE standards, I'm OK with that -- these skip shifts are usually only a snipped wire and/or ECU tune away from disabling anyway.
Old 3/20/12, 09:37 PM
bob
Legacy TMS Member

Received 15 Likes on 10 Posts
. I always have TCS off cuz i like the feeling of having the rear end kick out every now and then
I wish I could say the same, but the fear of this keeps me from illuminating the TCS off light. NSFW btw

- I freely admit I'm not the manly type to go around all the time with the traction control off. Only occasionally at the track and thats if I remember to after cutting the car off and on again during cool down.

Although when I did install my old LCAs and LCA relocators I did cut the TCS off and nailed it coming off the kink if a highway on-ramp and it did pretty good. The tires dug in and I jumped down the road.

Last edited by bob; 3/20/12 at 09:41 PM.
Old 3/22/12, 06:35 PM
Cobra R Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
^ that's nuts
Old 3/23/12, 07:42 AM
Mach 1 Member

****... I wonder what the other guy was driving. I'm sure ZR1 has insurance lol.
Old 4/4/12, 11:12 AM
Mach 1 Member

Chew on This.....
'

http://www.thevirtualdriver.com/****...amaro-zl1.html
Old 4/9/12, 09:48 AM
Shelby GT500 Member

Received 53 Likes on 52 Posts
There's an article out that refutes one of the points in that one already: Shelby American and Ford have already signed a contract for 2015 and beyond.

I think a lot of that will probably come to pass, especially the globalization of the car and the incorporation of an IRS. I don't know that it will all happen with the first model of the next generation Mustang, however. But to say that the next generation will be able to do things that "the '13 GT500 can't" is really unnecessary: that happens virtually every single year. I'm betting the '14 GT500 will do things better than the '13 Shelby will too, and there won't be much difference between them at all in terms of style. If the next gen or the next year's model didn't improve on the previous one, what's the point of building/selling it?
Old 4/9/12, 10:29 AM
Legacy TMS Member

Received 6 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by Twin Turbo
This is very true. As a Brit, I love the Mustang because it isn't European. However, I have faith in Ford to ensure the '15 remains true to its Pony/Musclecar roots
Just like as an American, I love the Lotus Elise because it is "British" although I couldn't probably fit in it without contorting a lot