Notices
Past Rumor Archive All the rumors and media hype for the 2011-2014 model years.

2013 MY refresh

Search this Thread

Old 2/12/11, 01:31 AM
GTR Member

Received 11 Likes on 8 Posts
Originally Posted by 97GT03SVT
Then again Ford didn't really refresh the 2005-09 car much... just option stuff so who knows..
True, but then the Mustang didn't have any competition for the first 4 years or so, so Ford could rest on their laurals.

It's now a very different Ford, and one that needs to fight to keep the Mustang competitive. We can thank the Camaro, Challenger and a host of other great (but rather dull, in my opinion) rivals for keeping Ford on their toes
Old 2/12/11, 09:02 AM
GTR Member

Another idea.........if there are tweaks to the "diaper", Ford would do well to copy the half painted plastic on the rear of the GT500 Patriot edition. Just the right amount of black left, IMHO

Old 2/12/11, 09:05 AM
GTR Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Paul, I like how that looks, but if you look at the side skirt, it makes the car look long in the rear bumper. I would think they'd have to do something to the sides and front to make that work better.
Old 2/12/11, 09:57 AM
GTR Member

I agree......just more wishful ramblings on my part
Old 2/13/11, 04:42 AM
GTR Member

I would like to see the two-stage heated seats come back, as well as an HVAC system that has a digital readout on the screen for fan and temp.
Old 2/15/11, 09:07 PM
GTR Member

Next year should sure be interesting...
Old 2/16/11, 11:37 AM
Team Mustang Source

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Maybe DRL's for 2013...

Daytime Running Lights...

Raptor spied with them
Attached Thumbnails 2013 MY refresh-drl_gt.jpg   2013 MY refresh-drl_v6.jpg   2013 MY refresh-drl_gt500.jpg  
Old 2/16/11, 11:41 AM
I Have No Life

Received 12 Likes on 11 Posts
Ford is putting those strip LEDs on everything under the sun now.
The Fiesta/Taurus etc have them.
Looks more like a strip of solid light in the lower bumper.

I don't know if I'd consider them DRL though...
Old 2/16/11, 04:42 PM
GTR Member

Originally Posted by Boomer

I think it's a good possibility we see those in some fashion on the '13. Wouldn't mind LED turn signals either...
Old 2/16/11, 05:55 PM
Mach 1 Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I like the idea od DRL's. LED turn signals and tailgihts wouldnt be too bad either to compliment the HID's. Maybe new grille, rocker panels, and definitely some changes in the "diaper"
And of course new interior options
Nothin big, just some small things to set itnapart from the previous year but still be the same car
Old 2/22/11, 03:08 PM
I Have No Life

Note, they are not used with DRLs are in Canada,
they are strictly on when forward night beams are on.

Being that we've had DRLs for what seems like forever,
those alone wouldn't make as big an impact as a lowbeam headlight for DRLs (like what we use now)

I'm still surprised they aren't deemed manditory in the US yet. It gets my goat when someone has an old vehicle and they forget to turn their headlamps on.
And yet people will complain about having to use them.

Last edited by Boomer; 2/22/11 at 03:11 PM.
Old 2/23/11, 10:24 AM
Shelby GT350 Member

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
Note, they are not used with DRLs are in Canada,
they are strictly on when forward night beams are on.

Being that we've had DRLs for what seems like forever,
those alone wouldn't make as big an impact as a lowbeam headlight for DRLs (like what we use now)

I'm still surprised they aren't deemed manditory in the US yet. It gets my goat when someone has an old vehicle and they forget to turn their headlamps on.
And yet people will complain about having to use them.
I totally agree. It's a safety measure that works! Even in broad daylight. There is a reason the Military has the "law" that all military vehicles run with lights on for safety measures. This is something that really grinds my gears.

On a side note. Seeing as how I am figuring that my next vehicle with be an automatic again, I would really appreciate some paddle shifters or even a sport shift mode with the selector. It's looking like more and more that I will go back to a 2 car situation that both my wife and I can drive either. But the Mustang will at least be a little prize for myself. Even if it's an auto. That's all I'd like, just some sport shift option. Especially with firmed up shifts via programmer.

The LED lights might be neat but more so in a 2015.
Old 2/23/11, 12:35 PM
GTR Member

I think a paddleshift auto would really suit the Mustang........but really can't see that happening next year. 2015, yes.

I think it's 2012 that DRLs become law in Europe, but it seems every newly designed car on sale now has them. Personally, I'd like the Mustang to adopt "halos" around the current headlamp design.....it's one of my favourite aspects of the Camaro headlamps
Old 2/23/11, 12:40 PM
GTR Member

If the 2013 does get the bar LEDs that the Taurus/Fiesta has, could this mean that we won't see the grille-mounted driving lights any more?

I think a SelectShift automatic would be very feasible for 13. I'm sure the existing transmission has provisions for it if/when they decide to add it to the mix.
Old 2/23/11, 12:56 PM
GTR Member

Thumbs up

Originally Posted by Overboost
If the 2013 does get the bar LEDs that the Taurus/Fiesta has, could this mean that we won't see the grille-mounted driving lights any more?

I think a SelectShift automatic would be very feasible for 13. I'm sure the existing transmission has provisions for it if/when they decide to add it to the mix.
Funny.....the driving lights are classed as fog lights in the UK....simply because of their location

As for the SelectShift for '13? That would be very, very cool
Old 2/23/11, 01:38 PM
Shelby GT350 Member

Originally Posted by Twin Turbo
Funny.....the driving lights are classed as fog lights in the UK....simply because of their location

As for the SelectShift for '13? That would be very, very cool
I'm all about some EL lighting crazyness. I know, doesn't really flow with my low key design theory but I do love lighting.

After watching a video on the Select Shift, it just seems like a no brainer. Could easily be done in a 2013. It would solidify my call to buy another automatic. Unless I inherit the 335. Then I'll just be left with the Fox-Rod for a manual. I think I can work a new Mustang into the mix.

I hope the LED bars don't displace lights in the grille, those are killer!

Last edited by Automagically; 2/23/11 at 01:39 PM.
Old 2/23/11, 04:28 PM
I Have No Life

I'm not sure if the cars with fogs have those, or they are replaced by the fogs (they are in the same location)

I could see paddle shifters on the stang soon, but I'd love if they were DCT/sequentials, not just a slushbox with some fancy programming.

Back to the lighting, I think it would be neat if the lighting stick/string mimic'd the design of the hockey stick/side scoop and lit up in the headlights. Kind of a new take on the LED light string on the Audi's, only have it solid.
Starting on the bottom outside of the light, moving in at the hockey stick angle into the top edge of the light. Maybe its just me
Old 2/23/11, 04:32 PM
GTR Member

I'm not sure if the cars with fogs have those, or they are replaced by the fogs (they are in the same location)

I could see paddle shifters on the stang soon, but I'd love if they were DCT/sequentials, not just a slushbox with some fancy programming.

Back to the lighting, I think it would be neat if the lighting stick/string mimic'd the design of the hockey stick/side scoop and lit up in the headlights. Kind of a new take on the LED light string on the Audi's, only have it solid.
Starting on the bottom outside of the light, moving in at the hockey stick angle into the top edge of the light. Maybe its just me
I couldn't tell ya, but I do believe there's an FMVSS requirement that you're only allowed four white lights on the front end of the vehicle.

I agree. Just adding paddles and/or the button on the shifter is weak. I'd much rather see the DCT make its debut in the autos, but we might not see that til '15.

Very cool idea! I would definitely like something like this. Add in some LED indicators and we'd have some kick-*** headlamps! No reason Ford can't use the Mustang as the indicator of future tech in their lineup. LEDs should be the new standard throughout the vehicle.
Old 2/24/11, 08:04 AM
Shelby GT350 Member

The DCT would be sweet but it doesn't sound like a cost effective option. I think short term the select shift is a decent option and should be able to be added with ease. Last I checked, Ford didn't have any DCT transmissions lined up in anything that I know of. So it'd be something else to up the price point a little. Not saying it isn't doable by 2015 model, it just seems like something that won't happen. But I don't know.

I like where you guys are going with these headlights!
Old 2/25/11, 01:52 AM
GTR Member

For the interior, how about a return to a splash more colour? Always loved the early 2-tone GT500 interior

Quick Reply: 2013 MY refresh