Notices
Repair and Service Help All Repair related problems, issues, TSBs, and anything else revolving around the Repair of your Mustang

Radio Issue

Search this Thread

Old 8/3/13, 12:55 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Radio Issue

I have a 2011 with the electronics package. Today I was playing with the radio and I noticed that even when using the internal hard drive to play music the fm radio station channel is still heard very faintly. Has anyone had this issue?
Old 8/5/13, 07:14 AM
NOT CURRENTLY ACTIVE ON THIS SITE! DO NOT USE PM FEATURE!

Received 16 Likes on 14 Posts
Originally Posted by Glacier
I have a 2011 with the electronics package. Today I was playing with the radio and I noticed that even when using the internal hard drive to play music the fm radio station channel is still heard very faintly. Has anyone had this issue?
Hey Glacier,

Personally, I haven’t heard of this. However, I recommend speaking to your Service Manager. He/she is in the best position to let you know if there is work needed, and about and coverage you may have for it (warranty, recall, etc.). If you need further assistance, be sure to call Ford Canada at 1-800-565-3673.

Let me know the outcome.

Deysha
Old 8/5/13, 08:03 AM

Thanks, I'll try calling them. I'm sure it's always been there before because I always thought the music at low levels was off for some reason, but never worried as I don't listen that low anyway.

I'll try Ford, problem is 3yr warranty just ended Jul13/13 so not really interested in paying for a new radio if that is what is needed.
Old 8/6/13, 06:53 AM

Thanks, I'll try calling them. I'm sure it's always been there before because I always thought the music at low levels was off for some reason, but never worried as I don't listen that low anyway.

I'll try Ford, problem is 3yr warranty just ended Jul13/13 so not really interested in paying for a new radio if that is what is needed.
I understand. Be sure to speak to your Service Manager and to Ford Canada.

Deysha
Old 8/12/13, 07:44 AM
DRB
Bullitt Member

wrong topic.

Last edited by DRB; 8/12/13 at 07:45 AM. Reason: wrong topic
Old 8/21/13, 08:42 PM

I contacted Ford of Canada, they had no programs to offer for help.

I contacted my Service Manager. He had me bring the car in and did some diagnostics, they said they also contacted Ford Engineers for some help. They found no issues they could fix. I was told they could through parts and guess at what is wrong or replace the whole unit, but that was it. Since the car is just out of warranty, that is a no go for me.
Old 8/28/13, 02:16 PM

I contacted Ford of Canada, they had no programs to offer for help.

I contacted my Service Manager. He had me bring the car in and did some diagnostics, they said they also contacted Ford Engineers for some help. They found no issues they could fix. I was told they could through parts and guess at what is wrong or replace the whole unit, but that was it. Since the car is just out of warranty, that is a no go for me.
Thank you for the update, Glacier! Please send a PM to FordServiceCA, with your VIN, dealer, full name, mileage, and best daytime number and have her escalate and review this for you.

Deysha