Repair and Service Help All Repair related problems, issues, TSBs, and anything else revolving around the Repair of your Mustang

No Oil!!!!

Search this Thread

Old 9/27/11, 06:43 PM
Cobra R Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
About a year ago I posted a thread complaining about how hot the dipstick was, which hampered my ability to check oil when filling with gas and I got razzed to no end on this forum by the know-it-all young-uns who think a car can be bought and driven into the sunset without ever looking at the dipstick.

So you know which side I take in this little debate.

PS - I checked the oil level in my '12 before I drove it away from the dealer the night I took delivery. I've never noted any adverse oil consumption trends on my erstwhile 2011 'vert nor my 2012 (about 11,000 total miles driven so far).
Old 9/27/11, 08:16 PM
Cobra Member

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
Originally Posted by Double-EDad
About a year ago I posted a thread complaining about how hot the dipstick was, which hampered my ability to check oil when filling with gas and I got razzed to no end on this forum by the know-it-all young-uns who think a car can be bought and driven into the sunset without ever looking at the dipstick.

So you know which side I take in this little debate.

PS - I checked the oil level in my '12 before I drove it away from the dealer the night I took delivery. I've never noted any adverse oil consumption trends on my erstwhile 2011 'vert nor my 2012 (about 11,000 total miles driven so far).
I agreed with you on the post about the dip stick..man did I burn my hand that first day after I came home. What engineering genuis puts the dip stick under the strut brace. Yea...I know check it when the engine is cool, well that doesn't work too well on a 700 mile trip to the twin cities for a weekend. I check the oil at every fuel stop, which is twice. Now I have gloves..
Old 9/28/11, 12:09 AM
Like Father...
I ♥ Sausage

Received 643 Likes on 463 Posts
I'm just happy that I bought a Shelby with the tried and true 5.4 (not to mention superior) instead of the 5.0 GT or Boss.

Now that should really stir the pot.

Old 9/28/11, 12:24 AM
Post *****

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Originally Posted by cd4537
I actually thought about trying to make sense to you, but I decided to erase what I typed.

Last edited by cdynaco; 9/28/11 at 01:21 AM.
Old 9/28/11, 12:22 PM
Super Boss Lawman Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
LOL^^^^
Old 9/28/11, 12:42 PM

So... most of you guys beat me up yesterday! I kept my mouth shut and took my lumps! ...And although I was super pissed about being away from my car for 44 days, I woke up and fell in love again as soon as I opened the garage door. Loaded up the wife and decided to head out for a nice lunch, as today is supposedly the last nice day of the week. Jumped on I81 south from a red light.. 1st gear...2nd gear..going into 3rd and I feel a significant power loss. Look at my dash and the orange engine light is flashing. Pulled over immediately and turned the car off. Called the dealer from my cell to explain what happened. The dealer told me to bring it in. (Checked the oil 1st!!!!) restarted the car and the engine light was no longer on. Got to the dealer and they plugged the car into their laptop. The tech told me there was a misfire on cylinders #1 and #6. Back to my Volkswagon Tiguan loaner car... WTF.
Old 9/28/11, 01:26 PM
Bear Eats King...
Bear ****s Bone

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
So... most of you guys beat me up yesterday! I kept my mouth shut and took my lumps! ...And although I was super pissed about being away from my car for 44 days, I woke up and fell in love again as soon as I opened the garage door. Loaded up the wife and decided to head out for a nice lunch, as today is supposedly the last nice day of the week. Jumped on I81 south from a red light.. 1st gear...2nd gear..going into 3rd and I feel a significant power loss. Look at my dash and the orange engine light is flashing. Pulled over immediately and turned the car off. Called the dealer from my cell to explain what happened. The dealer told me to bring it in. (Checked the oil 1st!!!!) restarted the car and the engine light was no longer on. Got to the dealer and they plugged the car into their laptop. The tech told me there was a misfire on cylinders #1 and #6. Back to my Volkswagon Tiguan loaner car... WTF.
I'm all for the lemon law in this case now. But I would say get anouther one just like the one you have. This one is starting to show repeated problems...
Old 9/28/11, 01:47 PM
Post *****

Received 159 Likes on 133 Posts
Well. That's the clincher for me too. I'd try to get rid of it now.
Old 9/28/11, 02:01 PM
Mach 1 Member

In this thread and many others, there is one truly observable problem.

There's apparently not enough time or money to do something right. However, there is enough time and money to do it twice.

I'm sorry to hear of the woes you've been experiencing with your car. I hope a resolution comes quickly.
Old 9/28/11, 02:12 PM
Like Father...
I ♥ Sausage

Originally Posted by jlmounce
In this thread and many others, there is one truly observable problem.

There's apparently not enough time or money to do something right. However, there is enough time and money to do it twice.
Excellent synopsis.
Old 9/28/11, 02:19 PM
Post *****

Originally Posted by 2k7gtcs
Well. That's the clincher for me too. I'd try to get rid of it now.
Yeah. Probably karma though. He jinxed it. lol

My beef yesterday is he didn't give it a chance before posting his intentions.

I try and live by the 3 strike rule though. This might be something simple. Might not. But they're at full count and if they don't get it perfect this time - they're outa here!
Old 9/28/11, 05:26 PM
GT Member

LOL

Where is everybody now? We should be hearing "Come on, man!!! Stop being a wimp and man up in your VW loaner!!!! Being a FORD OWNER -- that's what makes one a REAL MAN!"
Old 9/28/11, 05:54 PM
Super Boss Lawman Member

WOW, sorry to hear this. You obviously don't have good luck with this car! Have you been doing something bad lately to cause such bad luck?? LOL jk I would kick this car to the curb and get a new one!
Old 9/28/11, 06:13 PM
Cobra R Member

Did they give you any details about why the engine went, besides it might have been dropped off with low amount of oil?
The oil light should have came on way before any noise arrived.
Ive been reading many post here lately and ran out and checked my oil 2 weeks ago after seeing these post, I have 800 miles on the car now but at 540 miles my oil was between the 2 holes in dipstick, in the crosshatched area. normal I figure.
Old 9/28/11, 06:39 PM
Like Father...
I ♥ Sausage

Originally Posted by UnrealFord
Did they give you any details about why the engine went, besides it might have been dropped off with low amount of oil?
Ive been reading many post here lately and ran out and checked my oil 2 weeks ago after seeing these post, I have 800 miles on the car now but at 540 miles my oil was between the 2 holes in dipstick, in the crosshatched area. normal I figure.
Apparently there is no oil light or message on these cars, because there have been several posts on here about people with 5.0 cars that were 4 or more quarts low and no light/message alerted them, it was the knocking, rattling, etc. of the engine that tipped them off that something was wrong.
Old 9/28/11, 06:46 PM
Post *****

Originally Posted by Musker
LOL

Where is everybody now? We should be hearing "Come on, man!!! Stop being a wimp and man up in your VW loaner!!!! Being a FORD OWNER -- that's what makes one a REAL MAN!"
LOL Why do you think oh wise one?

Because today he potentially has a real mechanical reason with the Dealer's work.

VS yesterday his driving home after Ford gave him a brand new engine - FREE - regardless of his stupidity of driving for 2k miles without even looking at critical fluids - and without mechanical reason suddenly feeling wha! I'm calling my lawyer!

Obviously you didn't get it either.

LOL

Last edited by cdynaco; 9/28/11 at 06:48 PM.
Old 9/28/11, 07:05 PM
Cobra R Member

Originally Posted by cdynaco
[COLOR=darkgreen]
Because today he potentially has a real mechanical reason with the Dealer's work.

VS yesterday his driving home after Ford gave him a brand new engine - FREE - regardless of his stupidity of driving for 2k miles without even looking at critical fluids - and without mechanical reason suddenly feeling wha! I'm calling my lawyer!
LOL
"Dewey, Cheatham, and Howe, Attorneys at Law"

Old 9/28/11, 07:23 PM

Originally Posted by UnrealFord
They didn't give a reason. Dealer's Invoice says, "Checked for engine noise and verified. No oil on dipstick. Test drove after changing oil and performed pressure test-OK. Tested one cylinder at a time and tried to determine noise, suspect rod knock. Checked for oil in intake (No Oil) and cut open filter to inspect metal filings. Found metal contamination present. Removed and inspected motor. Found spun rod bearing in cylinder #7 and metal showing throughout engine. Contacted technical assistance and technician was told to order and install long block engine per hotline. Installed motor and test drove-all ok at this time."
Old 9/28/11, 07:42 PM
Team Mustang Source

Originally Posted by Double-EDad
"Dewey, Cheatham, and Howe, Attorneys at Law"

LOL
Old 9/29/11, 07:31 AM
Bullitt Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
They didn't give a reason. Dealer's Invoice says, "Checked for engine noise and verified. No oil on dipstick. Test drove after changing oil and performed pressure test-OK. Tested one cylinder at a time and tried to determine noise, suspect rod knock. Checked for oil in intake (No Oil) and cut open filter to inspect metal filings. Found metal contamination present. Removed and inspected motor. Found spun rod bearing in cylinder #7 and metal showing throughout engine. Contacted technical assistance and technician was told to order and install long block engine per hotline. Installed motor and test drove-all ok at this time."
Having another issue as soon as you get the car back would, indeed, **** me off to no end. Perhaps it's a simple fix. I hope it is anyway. But I do think I'd look to get rid of the car if they fix it again and you have another issue. Three strikes and you're out. Time for them to pony up with a new Mustang. Pun intended.

Quick Reply: No Oil!!!!