Notices
Repair and Service Help All Repair related problems, issues, TSBs, and anything else revolving around the Repair of your Mustang

No Oil!!!!

Search this Thread

Old 9/4/11, 02:36 AM
GTR Member

Received 11 Likes on 8 Posts
Wow, that's a sorry tale, but I'm glad Ford are replacing the entire engine.

I guess it's a lesson for us all to carry on with the good old fashioned visual checks ourselves and don't take anything for granted.

Let us know when you get it back. I want to hear a happy ending to this story
Old 9/4/11, 01:04 PM
Like Father...
I ♥ Sausage

Received 640 Likes on 463 Posts
Originally Posted by Twin Turbo

Let us know when you get it back. I want to hear a happy ending to this story
A happy ending will cost you an extra $50.
Old 9/5/11, 09:46 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thanks cdynaco.
Old 9/19/11, 12:13 PM

STILL NO ENGINE!!! Called the dealer today and was told that Ford still hasn't shipped the engine for my car. It has been almost a MONTH AND A HALF!!!! I'm starting to not want this car back. Any advice??
Old 9/19/11, 12:56 PM
Mach 1 Member

Originally Posted by cd4537
STILL NO ENGINE!!! Called the dealer today and was told that Ford still hasn't shipped the engine for my car. It has been almost a MONTH AND A HALF!!!! I'm starting to not want this car back. Any advice??
If you are considering this option, start with the BBB. If they can't get the ball expedited then start to look for a lawyer in your area that handles lemon law cases. A lot of the time they work on your behalf and any litigation that goes on is then billed to the manufacturer. Again always check first however.

You'll also want to check your state's lemon law as each will be slightly different.

Many lemon laws are 3 attempts at a fix or 30 days in the shop without use of the vehicle. Whichever happens first. Your state may be different however.

You should also either talk with Deysha here, or call Ford's customer service line directly. I believe that number is 800-392-3673.

THe common idea behind some of this is that the 5.0's are being slated for the F-150's currently and parts are scarce. However Ford has an obligation to provide the fix as quickly as possible under their express warranty.

At the very least get a hold of Ford CS.
Old 9/19/11, 02:33 PM
Mach 1 Member

This is really horrible. It's not like they need to do anything other than ship a full engine assembly to the dealer and replace the entire thing.
Old 9/19/11, 02:45 PM
Bear Eats King...
Bear ****s Bone

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Pm daysha. She can help
Old 9/19/11, 02:56 PM
Post *****

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Originally Posted by jlmounce
However Ford has an obligation to provide the fix as quickly as possible under their express warranty.
Esp when the bank wants its payment each month on time. Would be frustrating making payments and not driving!
Old 9/19/11, 06:37 PM
Bullitt Member

Read this whole thread, really poor how Ford is handling this right now. I definetly think it's time to start giving Ford an incentive to get their *** moving like mounce said.
Old 9/20/11, 01:26 AM
Mach 1 Member

Funny, Ford can't get you a motor, but Late Model Restoration can ship you one in 2 days....

http://www.latemodelrestoration.com/...L-Crate-Engine
Old 9/20/11, 08:51 AM

Thanks for all the advice. Dealer called this morning...said shipping company took engine to the wrong dealer. He said the shipping was being corrected and they should have the engine soon. I'm tired of waiting!!! He said a rep from Ford would be contacting me regarding the long delay.
Old 9/20/11, 09:39 AM
NOT CURRENTLY ACTIVE ON THIS SITE! DO NOT USE PM FEATURE!

Received 16 Likes on 14 Posts
Originally Posted by jlmounce
You should also either talk with Deysha here, or call Ford's customer service line directly. I believe that number is 800-392-3673.
Thank you for the advise, jlmounce!

STILL NO ENGINE!!!
Thanks for all the advice. Dealer called this morning...said shipping company took engine to the wrong dealer.
Hi cd4537,

Glad to see this was escalated for you. I sure was about to ask you to PM me with your info. Please let me know if you need any help or have any further questions.

Deysha

Last edited by FordService; 9/20/11 at 09:43 AM.
Old 9/20/11, 12:10 PM
Super Boss Lawman Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Your stick had no lube?

Old 9/27/11, 10:27 AM

I got my car back today. Wish i could say I'm happy. My dealer was great, but I just don't want this car anymore. It's just not the same to me. The drive home from the dealer was almost depressing. My car was gone 44 days and the thought of a new engine in a brand new car with just over 2000 miles on it, just isn't sitting well with me. I think I'm going to have to follow jlmounce's advice.
Old 9/27/11, 10:43 AM
Post *****

I got my car back today. Wish i could say I'm happy. My dealer was great, but I just don't want this car anymore. It's just not the same to me. The drive home from the dealer was almost depressing. My car was gone 44 days and the thought of a new engine in a brand new car with just over 2000 miles on it, just isn't sitting well with me. I think I'm going to have to follow jlmounce's advice.

Are you kidding me?

Its a machine man. Get over it. Parts or components can be repaired or replaced. Ford fixed it - under warranty - regardless of a stupid trucking company error delaying you.

My dear old F150 4x broke a ring at 215k. Put a new motor in it. Should I have cried like a sissy because I changed out an engine and it was no longer original? Now at 253k and its the same tough **** dependable ranch truck before the old engine wore out.

My Lotus was getting long in the tooth with some burned valves at 100k. So I did a complete valve job, while I was at it put cams and Weber dual throats on it. Should I have cried like a sissy because I changed some mechanical components and it was no longer original? It was awesome! Now I had great handling and great power in a 2000# roadster.

Some of you are like a bunch of women that chipped a nail.

No offense to women with nails.

Last edited by cdynaco; 9/27/11 at 10:44 AM.
Old 9/27/11, 10:47 AM

cdynaco,

I actually thought about trying to make sense to you, but I decided to erase what I typed.
Thanks for your input.
Old 9/27/11, 11:04 AM
Post *****

No offense intended.

I realize its frustrating there were problems. Big problems. But Ford, customer service, office people processing the paperwork, the Dealership, mechanics, Deysha - all did their job to make it right. They dropped a new engine in just like the assembly line guys dropped a new engine in. No different.

And you just threw it back in their face. Over your 'feelings'?

Last edited by cdynaco; 9/27/11 at 11:31 AM.
Old 9/27/11, 11:05 AM
Bear Eats King...
Bear ****s Bone

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
cdynaco,

I actually thought about trying to make sense to you, but I decided to erase what I typed.
Thanks for your input.
In a way he is right. Why is it that big of a deal? Is something wrong with the car??? So the engine got changed. Boo hoo. That doesn't hurt the reliability or the value of the car.

Sounds like your just using this as an excuse cause you really didn't want the car in the first place.
Old 9/27/11, 11:31 AM
Post *****

I have 2300 miles and admittedly haven't checked the oil since I got the car...
And remember - YOU're the OWNER that didn't check his oil in the first place.

Last edited by cdynaco; 9/27/11 at 11:35 AM.
Old 9/27/11, 11:39 AM
Mach 1 Member

My mother had to had the engine replaced one time due to running the engine on low oil. Was due to the dealership oil change people forgetting to put oil back in after the drain and filter swap. At no point did she ever question the reliability or feel like not keeping the car.

Ford did you right, although longer than expected, you should be happy and get in with it.

Quick Reply: No Oil!!!!