Notices
Repair and Service Help All Repair related problems, issues, TSBs, and anything else revolving around the Repair of your Mustang

HELP! Electric Power Steering Problem.

Search this Thread

Old 5/12/20, 10:09 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2013 V6

Originally Posted by 2014RoushGT13
$2200 to replace the Steering Rack. On the phone with Ford Canada now to see what can be done. Anybody here had the Airbag recall done as my dealer still says parts are not available although the person from Ford Canada says they are??

Update: Looks like it could be up to 4 days before I get a response as to whether they will help out or not. I wouldn't think it was that difficult to say "yes" or "no" and let me escalate as necessary. Maybe they are hoping that I will go away

did you get any help
I have the same problem but mine started while turning into the highway steering wheel locked I shut it off and it went back to normal however after driving for about 5 minutes it started again and now steering light error remains on

Last edited by Atxwindycity; 5/12/20 at 10:12 PM.
Old 10/16/20, 06:38 AM
V6 Member

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
Question 2014 intermittant

HI everybody,
I have a 2014 v6 deluxe mustang and since it was new, I had an advance track warning light come on once in a very great while. It actually came on when it was on the lot and the sales gal quickly restarted the car and all was fine for years.
This fall here in New Jersey the temp is dropping and in the colder am (maybe 30-50 deg F) I have the warning light come up and no assist. On the warmer days I can quickly restart the car and all is fine. On a few colder days no luck as it stays on with no assist until it is much warmer out later in the day.
I was hoping that perhaps it was a software issue or something but everything I read says its the rack. I have no issues changing the rack myself and about to swallow that pill, but was just hoping there was something I could check before taking the plunge.
The aftermarket rebuilders talk about downloading the software to upload into their remanufactured rack and I have no means or knowledge on how to do this.
Has anyone done this? Should I just go to Ford and buy one of theirs with the correct software in it?
your thoughts and opinions are welcome.
Your help is greatly appreciated, Thank you in advance.