Repair and Service Help All Repair related problems, issues, TSBs, and anything else revolving around the Repair of your Mustang

Corroded positive battery terminal - a concern?

Search this Thread

Old 10/8/13 | 06:42 AM
NOT CURRENTLY ACTIVE ON THIS SITE! DO NOT USE PM FEATURE!

Originally Posted by EvilPeppard
So nice to see Deysha still around here after so much time.

Deysha has been extremely helpful to all of us here, especially those of us who special ordered Mustangs, or are planning to.

Thanks again, Deysha!

/back on topic
Awwwe! 3 years in and still loving it, EvilPeppard. Thank you for your kind words!

Deysha
Old 10/12/13 | 08:53 PM
Mach 1 Member

Originally Posted by dkpeppard

Just the design of the battery has the posts lowered into the case where the expansion area is supposed to be for the heated electrolyte. I would assume there should be a tight seal of the plastic case to terminal post but as was the case with my battery fluid would work past and cause the same corrosion. I changed out the battery as it had bad cells as well.

You could buy protective post pads to help keep the posts cleaner longer. Don't know how long they'd last with this style of battery though.

http://www.autozone.com/autozone/acc...uestid=1079602
Old 3/7/14 | 04:51 PM

I have had the same issue on my 2011 GT with two different batteries now. All the comments talk about how to fix the symptom, but what causes this problem in the first place.
Old 3/11/14 | 10:00 AM
NOT CURRENTLY ACTIVE ON THIS SITE! DO NOT USE PM FEATURE!

Originally Posted by kcastilon
I have had the same issue on my 2011 GT with two different batteries now. All the comments talk about how to fix the symptom, but what causes this problem in the first place.
Hello kcastilon,

Welcome to the forum! My name is Deysha with Ford Service. Have you brought this up to your dealer yet? You should speak to your service manager about this. He is in the best position to look into this for you and can check into any warranty, assistance, recalls, or customer satisfaction programs that may apply to your vehicle.

Also, remember repairs done at a Ford Dealer come with a 24 months/unlimited miles warranty. You can schedule an appointment online here. Keep me posted.

Deysha
Old 4/13/14 | 11:02 PM
Team Mustang Source

That seems to happen often , mine had to be replaced as a few friends ? Makes one wonder why it does happen and the one it did also had the paint bubbling on the aluminum hoods as well ? Something to think about.
Old 6/23/19 | 08:02 PM

... Originally Posted by AlsCobra [img]images/buttons/viewpost.gif
First get rid of that red cover. Moisture is building up and staying under that cover. QUOTE]

Don't get rid of the cover. It's there for a reason.. Safety. Just as the blanket around the battery is there to absorb vapors. Manufacturers don't put parts on vehicle for nothing. ....

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

(the cover around the battery isn't to absorb battery acid or vapors,
it's a insulation blanket to protect the the battery from the high engine compartment
temperature that degrades the battery)

Last edited by Area49; 6/23/19 at 08:11 PM. Reason: (typo)