Notices
Repair and Service Help All Repair related problems, issues, TSBs, and anything else revolving around the Repair of your Mustang

Airbag Malfunction/Recaro Seats/Warranty Issues

Search this Thread

Old 10/28/14, 09:20 PM
GT Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by Tale of Two 'stangs
Thank you all who followed this thread for your support and constructive advice!

For those who are interested, I will tell you what was the defect: "Customer states that airbag warning light is on. Verified concern. Retrieved DTC's-B0090 hardfault. Ran Oasis-nothing for concern. Performed pinpoint test J. Found circuit VR213 (VT/GN) open between RCM and front crash sensor. Disconnected C219. Measured resistance of circuit VR213 to RCM connector-.02 Ohms, measured resistance from C219 to front crash sensor-open circuit. Requested hotline assistance. R&R right front inner fender to inspect harness-no visual damage. Started untaping harness to inspect further & found VR213 broken is [at] grommet where harness runs through firewall to inside vehicle. Repair (VT/GN) wire".

Thank you Thoroughbred Ford of Platte City, Deysha, iDatalink/Kenwood, and NW Audio of Platte City.

I'm glad they got it taken care of!

Wud I tell you? It was a defect

So sad that you have to fight so hard to solve these simple issues. I'm fighting the dreaded engine tic right now. Going on 2 months.

Last edited by jc46002003; 10/28/14 at 09:29 PM.
Old 10/28/14, 09:39 PM
V6 Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Smile

Originally Posted by jc46002003
This is what I'm talking about. These Ford dealers will MAKE ANYTHING UP to punt an issue that doesn't make them a gazillion dollars. At this point, I think the service advisors are trained social engineers in order BS their way out of warranty work they don't make money on. How exactly did he put his warranty scpeal, did he say the warranty was void on the whole car or just the sensor? If the sound system installation had anything to do with the sensor, it would have happened the day of the audio install. Not 4 days later when you use the seat. Sounds more like defect to me. Further, isn't there a law that says they have to prove that any one after market mod causes any one issue? I've seen way bigger issues than this get covered. For example, number 8 failure with a aftermarket tune. They had to fight it but Ford ended up covering it. In other words, your dealer is really pinching the pennies. They must be having financial trouble or they're just extra greedy. Talk to a different dealer. This time, don't even mention the audio system.

I did want you suggested and just said I had an airbag light on. The dealership that repaired it under the new vehicle warranty did not focus on the audio system. When the time came to troubleshoot, all the parties came together to solve, not punt, the issue. If you could have looked inside the service bay, the picture of the audio installation technician, Ford service technician, and Ford service representative working hand in hand would have been priceless. The selling dealership, in the past, did great work and properly serviced vehicles, but they let the non-OEM audio system interfere with an objective assessment of the situation and passed a subjective opinion as fact. Bottom line, dealerships get paid to do warranty work by Ford Motor Company, therefore this should have never been about the money.

Originally Posted by jc46002003
I'm glad they got it takien care of!
Wud I tell you? It was a defect

Thank you for your constructive advice and yes...you did opine it was a defect.
Old 10/30/14, 08:32 AM
NOT CURRENTLY ACTIVE ON THIS SITE! DO NOT USE PM FEATURE!

Received 16 Likes on 14 Posts
Originally Posted by Tale of Two 'stangs
Thank you all who followed this thread for your support and constructive advice! ...

Thank you Thoroughbred Ford of Platte City, Deysha, iDatalink/Kenwood, and NW Audio of Platte City.
Glad this was finally taken care of for you, Tale of Two ‘stangs! You’re very welcome!

Deysha