Notices
Repair and Service Help All Repair related problems, issues, TSBs, and anything else revolving around the Repair of your Mustang

5.0 rattle/buzz sound at start up

Search this Thread

Old 12/8/11, 11:54 AM
NOT CURRENTLY ACTIVE ON THIS SITE! DO NOT USE PM FEATURE!

Received 16 Likes on 14 Posts
Originally Posted by vistablue mustang
Still working on getting this fixed, had it to the dealer and they did a rather large repair (will post specifics when I have the report back in front of me) but the issue has gotten louder and now does it while i am driving, needless to say I am not pleased, I honestly expect way better from Ford......
Please work with your CSM about this, vistablue mustang. Let me know if you need me for anything.

Deysha
Old 12/9/11, 09:57 AM
Cobra Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Scratch that last post, just got a call from them and they are giving me the "can't verify the concern" line. I have been buying cars from them for a long time but what am I supposed to do now? Honestly what do people think that I have nothing better to do then take my car to dealerships? Yeah that must be it I just make up claims so that I have to leave my brand new 38K sports car to be poked and prodded because what I really wanted was to drive around in is a Fusion........going over at 4PM today, this is going to be fun................

Last edited by vistablue mustang; 12/9/11 at 10:49 AM.
Old 12/12/11, 07:56 AM
NOT CURRENTLY ACTIVE ON THIS SITE! DO NOT USE PM FEATURE!

Received 16 Likes on 14 Posts
Originally Posted by vistablue mustang
Scratch that last post, just got a call from them and they are giving me the "can't verify the concern" line. I have been buying cars from them for a long time but what am I supposed to do now? Honestly what do people think that I have nothing better to do then take my car to dealerships? Yeah that must be it I just make up claims so that I have to leave my brand new 38K sports car to be poked and prodded because what I really wanted was to drive around in is a Fusion........going over at 4PM today, this is going to be fun................
vistablue mustang, I recommend you go on the test drive with the tech. this way you can point out the concern you’re experiencing.

Deysha
Old 2/18/12, 09:08 AM
Cobra Member

OK I have just about had it, after almost 3 months I still have no resolution on this. I had the service manager, and both of their best techs hear the noise and now after attempt #4 they "can't verify the concern". I'm sorry but this is BS and I don't blame the dealer as brand new car should not be doing this, I hate to do this but its time to talk lemon law.

Going in this morning to discuss options, man this sucks.

Last edited by vistablue mustang; 2/20/12 at 08:10 AM.
Old 2/29/12, 08:32 AM
Cobra Member

Still got nothing, the CSM called me back once and has not returned my calls since. Ford Hotline gave my dealer nothing to go off and the tech and service manager heard the noise with me there but could not locate it, but thought it might be from the engine I just don't know what to do. I am amazed no one else has chimed in here.
Old 3/1/12, 06:47 AM
Cobra Member

Finally got through to the CSM, by calling the Ford Fleet number (why my car is marked as fleet I will never know). I hope something positive comes out of this
Old 3/1/12, 07:29 PM
Legacy TMS Member

Received 56 Likes on 46 Posts
Sorry to hear you're going through all these problems; I'd be pretty angry too. Have you tried leaving the car overnight so they can hear it on a truly cold startup? And have you tried taking it to another dealer? That's one good thing about there being more than one Ford dealer close to most everyone.
Old 3/1/12, 07:45 PM
Legacy TMS Member

Received 7 Likes on 4 Posts
I listened to your audio clip but it is hard to tell where the noise is located relative to where you placed your recording microphone.

I've had a loose substrate in a catalytic converter on another car with another exhaust system, and that sounded like marbles in a can.

Do you have any modifications?
Old 3/14/12, 02:08 PM
Cobra Member

Well I will have to test this out further but I think they got this resolved! I all of this is thanks to my good friend Jeff (05fordGT) thanks bud! After talking with Ford they sent a tech out immediately and got this addressed.

With that said the issue seems to have come from where the engine block meets the CAT. They installed a plate in between the two. Wish me luck!