Notices
'10-14 Interior and Audio Place to discuss 2010-2014 interior and audio type modifications.

Window tint rates

Search this Thread

Old 5/10/14, 12:53 PM
Cobra Member

Received 21 Likes on 15 Posts
Originally Posted by Joeywhat
I notice zero difference between 35% and clear windows at night. I still see just fine. The only issues I had with my Focus was reversing, due to the limo tint on the rears (which is why I'm going 35 all around). This is all sorts of various driving, too. Cities with lots of foot traffic all the way to BFE with zero ambient light.
Wow really? My windshield is 80%. It looks completely clear. But even at 80% if you put it on half the window, you could see the slight tint.
Old 5/10/14, 12:59 PM
Cobra Member

Received 21 Likes on 15 Posts
Originally Posted by Rando
Cost me $400 for 40% all around, machine cut single piece, lifetime warranty, won't fade or turn purple. It's the highest quality shop in the city, you get what you pay for.
Definitely get what you pay for. That does seem a bit high for machine cut though. Machines are typically used for "run of the mill" installers for speed.

Mine was hand cut. All one piece. The guy couldn't have been more precise if he had used a machine. I was able to customize where I wanted the cuts though. He over cut on the front windows and then filed it down so it looks like the tint is IN the glass.

I've had hand cut before and there were gaps and nics in rubber. I've had machine cut and the placement was off. Again it's all down to the installer.

Last edited by typesredline; 5/10/14 at 01:03 PM.
Old 5/12/14, 12:34 PM
Mach 1 Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by typesredline
Definitely get what you pay for. That does seem a bit high for machine cut though. Machines are typically used for "run of the mill" installers for speed.

Mine was hand cut. All one piece. The guy couldn't have been more precise if he had used a machine. I was able to customize where I wanted the cuts though. He over cut on the front windows and then filed it down so it looks like the tint is IN the glass.

I've had hand cut before and there were gaps and nics in rubber. I've had machine cut and the placement was off. Again it's all down to the installer.
How did they handle the black dots on the windshield and rear window? The rear window on mine looks fine, but the front is meh. They said the dots are ceramic and can't be removed, which is true. But the back seems to stick to them better than the front. They also cut away a piece on the front windshield where the rear view mirror is because of the excessive amount of black dots/mustang logo
Old 5/12/14, 01:50 PM
Legacy TMS Member

Received 166 Likes on 141 Posts
On my 03, the shop did a strip of black vinyl over the dot matrix (on the back window at least).