Notices
'10-14 Interior and Audio Place to discuss 2010-2014 interior and audio type modifications.

Raxiom Navigation keeps losing signal

Search this Thread

Old 4/28/14, 05:53 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Angry Raxiom Navigation keeps losing signal

Just installed this unit on Friday and was wondering if anyone else has had this issue? I have the GPS antenna on the rear seat deck lid! It seems to work fine for 5-10 mins then will say GPS signal lost.

P.S. windows are not tinted

Thanks for any feedback
Old 4/29/14, 12:11 PM
V6 Member

Have you updated the sd card yet?
Old 5/1/14, 09:34 AM
Former Vendor

Originally Posted by Alittleamused
Just installed this unit on Friday and was wondering if anyone else has had this issue? I have the GPS antenna on the rear seat deck lid! It seems to work fine for 5-10 mins then will say GPS signal lost.

P.S. windows are not tinted

Thanks for any feedback

Hey,

I'm sorry to hear about the problem you are experiencing with this unit. There was a batch of these that had this isolated problem exactly like what you are describing.

Since finding this out, we have been in constant contact with the manufacturer and we they have diagnosed the issue and are in the process of updating the hardware to ensure this isolated issue is resolved in its entirety.

If you have not already gotten in touch with our customer service team, please send me a PM with your information and I will forward it to a supervisor to ensure this is taken care of.

Once again, I apologize for difficulties during this experience, but will see we have this resolved for you in a timely manner.

-Dan
Old 5/2/14, 04:49 PM

Rockpolisher,
I would love to however, since purchasing and installing the unit I have found out that naviextras only supports windows and not ios. Come on not everyone uses Windows!
Old 5/3/14, 09:04 AM
Bullitt Member

I have not had that issue with my set. I have the antennae in the back window and only lose signal when I am going under a multi-lane freeway overpass.

Matthew
Old 5/3/14, 04:12 PM

Dan,
What information do you require?
Old 5/8/14, 05:08 PM
V6 Member

Just borrow a friends computer for the update. it only takes a few minutes. You can buy extra maps and stuff if you want. They have maps for a lot of countries.
Old 5/11/14, 09:59 PM
GT Member

Received 12 Likes on 10 Posts
I have been having issues with extended trips. The unit seems to be overheating and the screen completely shuts off. When it restarts the screen is inoperable and basically freezes... anyone else have this issue?
I have already been in touch with AM and have given them my info and they are supposed to get back with me on any resolutions... Still have yet to hear back but I am being patient.
Old 5/12/14, 12:07 AM
V6 Member

I'm sure it takes more than a few days to solve an issue. They have to be able to duplicate the problem or they can't fix it. I have taken mine on 7 hour road trips without losing GPS signal or the screen turning off. Once in a while when I am driving around town it loses signal, but most of the time is comes back within a few minutes. I love being able to mirror my S4 on this system. I can watch youtube videos or surf the web. It's an awesome unit and you can't beat the plug and play of it.
Old 5/12/14, 05:24 AM
GT Member

Originally Posted by BlueEyedSnake
I'm sure it takes more than a few days to solve an issue. They have to be able to duplicate the problem or they can't fix it. I have taken mine on 7 hour road trips without losing GPS signal or the screen turning off. Once in a while when I am driving around town it loses signal, but most of the time is comes back within a few minutes. I love being able to mirror my S4 on this system. I can watch youtube videos or surf the web. It's an awesome unit and you can't beat the plug and play of it.
You can mirror you S4?? How? I'll have to play with it some more I don't remember seeing this feature. The unit works fine until it is on for more than 3 hours at a time, but I am patiently waiting and am confident in AM that they will solve the issue, so I am not worried in the slightest bit.
Old 5/12/14, 02:56 PM
V6 Member

Get one of these(HDMI to RCA converter box): http://pages.ebay.com/link/?nav=item...302228&alt=web

Then one of these (3 foot RCA cable): http://pages.ebay.com/link/?nav=item...875654&alt=web

Then you need this cable that connects to your S4 and gives you a female HDMI: http://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B00ESM3Q7K

Your also going to need an HDMI cable but you can get that anywhere.
I ran the 3 foot long RCA cable from the back of the Raxiom to the glove box. I also ran the female USB cable that comes out of the back of the Raxiom unit to the glove box. You'll need this port to power the HDMI to AV Converter box. I connected the RCA's to the converter, I plugged the converters power to the USB and your done. This takes all of 2 minutes to do. Then you plug your HDMI cable to the converter and whatever device you want on the other end. In this case I plug my phone into that other end. There's nothing you have to do to the phone for it to mirror itself on your Raxiom. I've watched YouTube videos, music videos, surfed the Web and used other apps on my phone.
Old 5/12/14, 04:06 PM
GT Member

Originally Posted by BlueEyedSnake
Get one of these(HDMI to RCA converter box): http://pages.ebay.com/link/?nav=item...302228&alt=web

Then one of these (3 foot RCA cable): http://pages.ebay.com/link/?nav=item...875654&alt=web

Then you need this cable that connects to your S4 and gives you a female HDMI: http://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B00ESM3Q7K

Your also going to need an HDMI cable but you can get that anywhere.
I ran the 3 foot long RCA cable from the back of the Raxiom to the glove box. I also ran the female USB cable that comes out of the back of the Raxiom unit to the glove box. You'll need this port to power the HDMI to AV Converter box. I connected the RCA's to the converter, I plugged the converters power to the USB and your done. This takes all of 2 minutes to do. Then you plug your HDMI cable to the converter and whatever device you want on the other end. In this case I plug my phone into that other end. There's nothing you have to do to the phone for it to mirror itself on your Raxiom. I've watched YouTube videos, music videos, surfed the Web and used other apps on my phone.
I am definitely going to try this! I'm assuming the touchscreen part of it won't work on the Raxiom... just whatever you do on your phone mirror's onto the screen. Thanks! You should post a thread on this if you haven't already!
Old 5/13/14, 01:41 PM
Bullitt Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Subbed*i was going to get iPod mount for my dash solely for the purpose to watch videos and such on my screen.
But if I can do this with my iPhone then that will be awesome!!!