Notices
'10-14 Interior and Audio Place to discuss 2010-2014 interior and audio type modifications.

Sync update v.3.2.2

Search this Thread

Old 10/19/11, 05:37 PM
Mach 1 Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
ahhh...ok.
Old 10/19/11, 07:44 PM
Legacy TMS Member

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts
It would be nice but it seems if you want to upgrade sync you have to buy a new car! Lol! I don't see it on syncmyride.
Old 10/21/11, 02:39 PM
Ford In-Vehicle Technology Rep

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Hey everyone!

While text messaging has been a feature of SYNC for some time now, not all phones are compatible. This is due to the variety of Bluetooth protocols on the market. We've recently extended MAP (Message Access Profile) within our system to expand compatibility. For more info, check out our press release:

http://media.ford.com/article_displa...ticle_id=35451

Originally Posted by blkandgud
So will it finally work with the iPhone now??? Thatd be one feature that be useful. Why they only limit it to a few android models is beyond me.
blkandgud -

This Bluetooth standard developed for the exchange of text messages allows many phones to more successfully interact with SYNC for reading and displaying text messages. We continue to be hopeful that iPhone will eventually be among that list.

Originally Posted by STLmustang12
So nothing for 2012? My car already has 4.0.2 installed, and the bluetooth MAP functions do not work.
Logged into syncmyride and NO updates.
STLmustang12 -

The 3.2.2 update is equivalent to the 4.0.2 software you already have installed in your 2012.

Originally Posted by Seventh
I tried last night and today and got no such update, I guess because they're leaving us 2011 nav owners at v3.1 despite all this PR frenzy. Besides, it looks like Ford is just re-announcing an update they made months ago...
Seventh -

Software versions are based upon build date more than the actual model year. This could explain why you're not seeing any available updates.

An update for 3.1 is coming, and it will include an update for MAP. However, I don't have an ETA. Please keep checking SyncMyRide for more info.

If anyone has any additional questions, let me know.
Jaclyn

Last edited by FordIVTteam; 10/21/11 at 02:42 PM.
Old 10/21/11, 02:51 PM
GTR Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Jaclyn, whatever happened to plans for AppLink to come to the 2010 and 2011MY Mustang? Did this get scrapped or will the 3.2.2 update add functionality to it?
Old 10/21/11, 03:27 PM
Bullitt Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My 2010 is already able to read out messages and allow me to speak them back. However your phone must support the feature or it won't work. Until last week I had a Windows Mobile Phone with the latest update and both my Shelby and Raptor read messages out to me and I was able to send one back by voice. I now have a iPhone 4GS but have not received a message while driving, since I got it.

Last edited by R3troGT; 10/21/11 at 04:24 PM.
Old 10/21/11, 04:04 PM
Mach 1 Member

Yeah but now you get to tell Siri what to do.
Old 10/23/11, 02:31 PM
V6 Member

I phone os dose not support map at this time hopping soon but we don't know for shure mabe when the new my touch fix is released
Old 10/24/11, 12:31 PM
GT Member

Originally Posted by jaybertx
Yeah but now you get to tell Siri what to do.
Curious if you can do this via hands free bluetooth?
Old 10/24/11, 02:21 PM

Originally Posted by Overboost
Jaclyn, whatever happened to plans for AppLink to come to the 2010 and 2011MY Mustang? Did this get scrapped or will the 3.2.2 update add functionality to it?
Overboost -

The 2012 Mustang is equipped with AppLink. I don't have an ETA for this will be available for other model years. Stay tuned to SyncMyRide.com for more info.

3troGT -

The iPhone is currently not compatible with the text messaging feature. However, we continue to be hopeful that one day it will!

If anyone has any questions, let me know.

Jaclyn
Old 10/24/11, 09:19 PM
Bullitt Member

Originally Posted by FordIVTteam
We continue to be hopeful that iPhone will eventually be among that list.
Fail.. arguably the most popular smartphone on the planet, and still can't do this? Where is the issue here, with Microsoft or with Apple? Either way, sucks to be the consumer in this scenario..

Jaclyn, I haven't forgot about trying to document my issues with Sync, I've simply lost the desire to deal with it anymore.
Old 10/24/11, 10:19 PM
Bear Eats King...
Bear ****s Bone

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Another reason android is better than iPhone Microsoft wants nothing to do with the iPhone
Old 10/24/11, 10:24 PM
Bullitt Member

Originally Posted by J1000
Fail.. arguably the most popular smartphone on the planet, and still can't do this? Where is the issue here, with Microsoft or with Apple? Either way, sucks to be the consumer in this scenario..

Jaclyn, I haven't forgot about trying to document my issues with Sync, I've simply lost the desire to deal with it anymore.
I agree, Iphone outsells most smart phones and ford can't get this feature compatable? I too have 3.1 so i guess I have to wait.
Old 10/24/11, 11:04 PM
GTR Member

Jaclyn, I'm a little concerned. Why is it that the Mustang (and I'm sure other Ford vehicles) are fragmented amongst model years when the radios appear to be the same? For instance, if I recall, the 2010, 2011, and 2012 Mustang have different variations of Sync on them. Why was the decision made not to stick with one firmware base and update all of them accordingly? I guess I just don't understand why the '12 has AppLink, but the '10 and '11 models do not.

Also, I find it odd that MAP access isn't available on the iPhone. Is that something on Apple's end, or Ford? I know Apple isn't fond of people playing too deep in their phones (including the networks they run on), but this does seem like a huge hindrance for a wide base of people who use smartphones today.
Old 10/25/11, 04:10 PM
Legacy TMS Member

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts
Jaclyn, I'm a little concerned. Why is it that the Mustang (and I'm sure other Ford vehicles) are fragmented amongst model years when the radios appear to be the same? For instance, if I recall, the 2010, 2011, and 2012 Mustang have different variations of Sync on them. Why was the decision made not to stick with one firmware base and update all of them accordingly? I guess I just don't understand why the '12 has AppLink, but the '10 and '11 models do not.

Also, I find it odd that MAP access isn't available on the iPhone. Is that something on Apple's end, or Ford? I know Apple isn't fond of people playing too deep in their phones (including the networks they run on), but this does seem like a huge hindrance for a wide base of people who use smartphones today.
+100000000
Old 10/25/11, 04:13 PM
Bullitt Member

Subscribed
Old 10/25/11, 04:21 PM
Bullitt Member

Originally Posted by USMC0341
+100000000
+ 10 gazillion !!!! Thanks Ford for giving us 2010 owners the shaft!! There is absolutely no excuse for this.......we pay for the extra goodies and then get left behind. WT?? I've been checking with syncmyride since I bought my car and have had, what......2 updates since then?

Last edited by sharpie; 10/25/11 at 04:22 PM.
Old 10/27/11, 09:01 AM

Originally Posted by J1000

Hey everyone!

I can’t speculate on future availability for the AppLink feature, but I do know that our SYNC Engineering team is working hard to make it available for more vehicles.

In order for a phone to be capable of reading text messages through SYNC, it must be equipped with MAP (Message Access Profile). MAP has not yet been implemented into the iPhone.

Originally Posted by Jcint
I agree, Iphone outsells most smart phones and ford can't get this feature compatable? I too have 3.1 so i guess I have to wait.
Originally Posted by sharpie
+ 10 gazillion !!!! Thanks Ford for giving us 2010 owners the shaft!! There is absolutely no excuse for this.......we pay for the extra goodies and then get left behind. WT?? I've been checking with syncmyride since I bought my car and have had, what......2 updates since then?
An update is coming for 3.1 users! I don't have an ETA for this, but when I hear something I will post to let everyone know. In the meantime continue to check SyncMyRide for update details.

If anyone has any questions, feel free to shoot me a PM.

Jaclyn

Last edited by FordIVTteam; 10/27/11 at 09:02 AM.
Old 10/27/11, 11:41 AM
Bullitt Member

Originally Posted by LLZuB
Its because your phone has a MAP Profile

most new android phones have this so your able to use that feature
Had to swap out to my 7+ year old Razr and that read out the texts. My IPhone and now my Crackberry don't!!
Old 10/27/11, 01:01 PM
Bullitt Member

Originally Posted by Jcint
You won't get the feature even if Microsoft updates sync. It's because IOS does NOT support MAP profiles...until Apple decides to do that you won't see this feature (And yes the new IPhone 4S with IOS 5 does NOT support it either). Your only option is to buy another phone. Don't blame Ford, this is on Apple's end, not theirs.

Im amazed that your razr was still going! There is a beautiful new Droid RAZR on it's way...it is quite the phone!

Last edited by LLZuB; 10/27/11 at 01:07 PM.
Old 10/27/11, 02:54 PM

MustangGTPilot -

LLZub is correct. In order for this feature to work your phone must support MAP. This Bluetooth standard developed for the exchange of text messages allows many phones to more successfully interact with SYNC for reading and displaying text messages. We continue to be hopeful that the iPhone will eventually be among that list.

For more info on MAP, check out:

http://media.ford.com/article_displa...ticle_id=35451

LLZuB -

Thank you for your support and understanding.

Jaclyn

Quick Reply: Sync update v.3.2.2