Notices
'10-14 Interior and Audio Place to discuss 2010-2014 interior and audio type modifications.

Aftermarket Keyless Start Button

Search this Thread

Old 6/1/18, 02:41 PM
V6 Member

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Success! well kind of. Ended up making my own harness. Easygo system works as it should. However, now I have a Check Brake System warning and Check Advance Trak warning when the car starts. Seems like the traction control somehow became disabled. Obviously did not have these before. Any ideas?
Old 6/1/18, 04:17 PM
Legacy TMS Member

Received 40 Likes on 35 Posts
I did not get that when I wired mine up.

you tapped into the same places I did?
Old 6/2/18, 06:53 AM
V6 Member

Originally Posted by jim010
I did not get that when I wired mine up.

you tapped into the same places I did?

I found out what I did. For some reason I unplugged 2280F and never put it back. Plugged it back in and all warnings stopped.

The only thing I have left to do is cut a key and stick in the ignition.

Jim, I really can't say how much I enjoy/love/absolutely hate (haha) all the hard work you have done with the mustang. I love my car even more after all the blood sweat tears and frustration. And feel I have learned so much. I've done your navigation upgrade, paddle shifters, and now the push start. Thank you!

By the way, if anyone is looking to do this and gets the kit from amazon, it will be missing parts. You'll have to call up Gryphon, the maker of Easygo and ask for Mark or Julio. 1-888-903-8777. The parts you'll need are the following:

- 16 pin harness (the one that comes is missing the brake line, door trigger, and trunk wires.
- The two wire door lock/unlock harness
- A different push start button (if you want to install it in the cigarette lighter) Otherwise, you will have to cut it into the dash.
- A new key fob that has the trunk button.
Old 6/3/18, 06:06 PM
GT Member

Looks like I have the same issues still. Guess I need to call them back again...

What does the new keyfob look like? Want to make sure I have the correct one or not. I also do not have the correct 16 pin harness. How did you add the new wires if you don’t mind sharing it? Think the main thing is where did you get the pins to work in the plug just in case I want to just make my own?

Did you use wire taps or solder on the connections?

Thanks...

Last edited by Kona12GT; 6/3/18 at 06:07 PM.
Old 6/4/18, 06:41 AM
V6 Member

Originally Posted by Kona12GT
Looks like I have the same issues still. Guess I need to call them back again...

What does the new keyfob look like? Want to make sure I have the correct one or not. I also do not have the correct 16 pin harness. How did you add the new wires if you don’t mind sharing it? Think the main thing is where did you get the pins to work in the plug just in case I want to just make my own?

Did you use wire taps or solder on the connections?

Thanks...

Hey Kona,

I still have the original keyfob that came with the kit. I did realize that it does not have a trunk button since the the f-150 doesn't have a remote trunk. I have to call them today and see if I can get a new one.

As far as the harness, I found some molex connectors that would fit into the 16 pin harness. I looked at the instruction sheet that was posted by Jim. Its a little blurry, but you can make out where the pins go into the harness.

I am supposed to receive a new one from Gryphon. It was mailed last tuesday and still waiting...which is why I decided to just make my own. If I do receive it, I can send it to you.

I used wire taps, but I carefully stripped the wires first. I'm not that good with the soldering iron in small areas. Where I had to extend the wires across to the passenger side, I did solder them.
The following users liked this post:
Kona12GT (6/4/18)
Old 6/4/18, 06:56 AM
GT Member

This is the one I have....great thanks for the info.

Old 6/4/18, 01:23 PM
GT Member

They told me today that my keyfob should work. The middle button has dual function.
Old 6/4/18, 01:27 PM
V6 Member

They told me today that my keyfob should work. The middle button has dual function.

Same one I got. When I get a chance, I'll give it a shot.

Did you get in touch with them about the harness?
Old 6/4/18, 09:10 PM
GT Member

Originally Posted by GT227
Same one I got. When I get a chance, I'll give it a shot.

Did you get in touch with them about the harness?
Yeah, they are sending me one. Let me know how it works out. Thanks.

Last edited by Kona12GT; 6/4/18 at 09:13 PM.
Old 8/2/18, 07:56 AM
V6 Member

Yeah, they are sending me one. Let me know how it works out. Thanks.
Did you ever finish the install?
Old 8/3/18, 09:01 AM
GT Member

Did you ever finish the install?
I started the install last week. Doing it a little at a time when I have time. Only thing left is the 16pin connector wiring and mounting the key box.
Old 9/16/18, 04:24 PM
GT Member

Finally got this installed. Lol. Gonna have to call them, thinking the bypass is bad. Car will not start without a key in the ignition.
Old 9/17/18, 06:15 AM
V6 Member

Finally got this installed. Lol. Gonna have to call them, thinking the bypass is bad. Car will not start without a key in the ignition.
When you push the brake, does the push start button light up? If so, make sure the copper wire that goes around the ignition is around the black plastic piece that is near the end of the ignition cylinder. That is the sensor. I had a similar problem. Once I adjusted that and taped it down real well, it fired up.
The following users liked this post:
Kona12GT (9/18/18)
Old 9/17/18, 06:53 AM
GT Member

When you push the brake, does the push start button light up? If so, make sure the copper wire that goes around the ignition is around the black plastic piece that is near the end of the ignition cylinder. That is the sensor. I had a similar problem. Once I adjusted that and taped it down real well, it fired up.
yes, it lights up. Hmm, what copper wire are you talking about? Now that you ask that, I am wondering if I am missing something else? Lol. Wow, these instructions they give you really are useless, I see nothing about putting a wire around the ignition.
Old 9/17/18, 11:55 AM
GT Member

yes, it lights up. Hmm, what copper wire are you talking about? Now that you ask that, I am wondering if I am missing something else? Lol. Wow, these instructions they give you really are useless, I see nothing about putting a wire around the ignition.
yeah, another wire that I am missing from the kit. Lol. They are trying to find me one.
Old 9/18/18, 03:40 PM
V6 Member

Man, these "kits" on Amazon are terrible. At least the company is helping out. And yes, the directions are terrible too.

One thing I have noticed overall is that my door handle button doesn't always work. I have maybe an 85% chance of the door unlocking. It always locks though. Just sometimes I have to reach into my pocket to grab the fob to unlock. Also, no trunk button. At least I can't get mine to work. And I could not get the automatic arming to stop. Followed the directions and got the confirmation chirp/blink, but it still beeps and locks itself. I have an infant and a beagle that barks if a leave blows outside, so I wired in a switch to disconnect the horn.

I actually have my push start button disabled at the moment. Turns out it was unrelated, but my car was occasionally stalling while in bumper to bumper traffic. It would start right back up, but in order to do so, I had to push on the brake. Not fun. Long story short, it was a small vacuum leak on my boost gauge when I had the dash out to fix the AC. Had to tighten it up. Just need to find time to open the steering column to hook it back up.

Old 10/9/18, 09:46 AM
GT Member

Finally got the wire I needed. You were right, that wire location is very picky. Lol. Anyway, everything is working now like it should. Hopefully the kit is reliable. Now to save for the idatalink module so I can do away with that key box....lol. Thanks for all the help....
Old 10/10/18, 10:43 AM
Legacy TMS Member

Received 40 Likes on 35 Posts
I could sell you mine if you want it.
Old 10/11/18, 06:45 AM
GT Member

Originally Posted by jim010
I could sell you mine if you want it.
PM me a price please.
Old 10/12/18, 09:23 AM
V6 Member

Finally got the wire I needed. You were right, that wire location is very picky. Lol. Anyway, everything is working now like it should. Hopefully the kit is reliable. Now to save for the idatalink module so I can do away with that key box....lol. Thanks for all the help....
Nice job. Did you ever get the truck to open from the remote?

Quick Reply: Aftermarket Keyless Start Button