Notices
'10-14 Exterior Modifications Place to discuss all 2010-2014 exterior modifications

Quarter window louvers

Search this Thread

Old 6/11/11, 09:23 PM
Bullitt Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by BlueBellThunder

Do you know if they can be easily removed to clean the glass? Thanks.
Yes easy as pie.
Old 6/13/11, 09:39 AM

So after installing the SHR louvers can you hear a difference in noise inside the car? I was talking with a shop owner this weekend and he was not recommending them. He said that people with them would probably not own up to it, but there is a new "drone" in the car afterwards since they are not as solid as the glass you pull out.
He was also not sure about matching the Sunset Gold paint.

Colgate, how did your paint end up matching.

Last edited by des63; 6/13/11 at 09:44 AM.
Old 6/13/11, 12:12 PM
Team Mustang Source

Originally Posted by des63
So after installing the SHR louvers can you hear a difference in noise inside the car? I was talking with a shop owner this weekend and he was not recommending them. He said that people with them would probably not own up to it, but there is a new "drone" in the car afterwards since they are not as solid as the glass you pull out.
I had some on a previous car and I didn't notice any change in wind noise or drone. The paint matched perfectly looking with my 49 year old eyeballs (my age at the time). I think they are pretty strong myself, I'll say they are strong as they need to be. If you want to keep your glass and add stick on louvers thats cool and no one will fault you, but SHR has the best louvers hands down. Tell your shop owner to go kick rocks.
Old 6/13/11, 12:53 PM

It's either the SHR louvers, or no louvers. I want to be able to see what I am pulling out in front of on the on/off ramps and the few 45 degree intersections I come across.

Thanks for the noise update!
Old 6/14/11, 06:05 AM
GT Member

COLOR was a great match. SHR did a great job. I second the no noise. I put the SHR on because of the seeing problem with my Ford ones. I think my mustang even looks better now!

Last edited by Colgate Stang; 6/14/11 at 06:07 AM.
Old 6/14/11, 09:14 AM
Cobra Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Colgate, how did your paint end up matching.
Right. I contemplated writing that all body shop owners are probably impotent, even though they won't admit it, but some people might not recognize sarcasm. I guess as an owner of SHR louvers my word is not to be trusted but I'll give it to you anyway. I've put on about 8000 miles since I've had mine installed. The ONLY time they are any louder than normal is when I'm in an automatic touchless car wash.

I don't know this for a fact but I would think that the louvers that stick on the glass would be noisier than stock because they are sticking out into the airstream a bit. This is purely speculation, though.
Old 6/14/11, 10:30 AM
Mach 1 Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
It's either the SHR louvers, or no louvers. I want to be able to see what I am pulling out in front of on the on/off ramps and the few 45 degree intersections I come across.

Thanks for the noise update!
I have the factory louvers and yes, visibility is slightly impaired, but I can still see out the windows. I was nervous about this too, but I got used to being able to effectively look out the louvers. I love the SHR's but I don't want to remove glass just for louvers.
Old 6/14/11, 10:32 AM
Bullitt Member

Originally Posted by bones302

I have the factory louvers and yes, visibility is slightly impaired, but I can still see out the windows. I was nervous about this too, but I got used to being able to effectively look out the louvers. I love the SHR's but I don't want to remove glass just for louvers.
Do you know how to remove the factory louvers to clean the windows? I've tried to take mine off they just don't budge.
Old 6/14/11, 03:06 PM
Mach 1 Member

Originally Posted by 2011_STANG_GT
Do you know how to remove the factory louvers to clean the windows? I've tried to take mine off they just don't budge.
yes, you have to start at a corner and with both hands, just give it a bit of a gradual tug. I try to get my fingers under the vent for for additional leverage and surface area so that I don't crack it.
Old 7/9/11, 05:20 PM
V6 Member

Originally Posted by c0achmke
Yes easy as pie.
I removed them today, they came off pretty easy. I would like to thank you for your advice. The glass was very dirty considering almost 2 years of buildup.
Old 7/9/11, 08:45 PM
Cobra Member

ABSOLUTELY TRUE!!! SHR flush mount louvers are amazing, great visability and outstanding looks. While they are expensive, you will enjoy them everyday.

Originally Posted by RandyW
If you can afford them, Silverhorse Racing's are the best. They're not the cheapest to install but they are the most beautiful, in my opinion. Plus, you give up almost nothing in visibility and they are easy to clean. These replace the glass, rather than just being stuck on top of it. I should think that the louvers that are simply stuck on top of the glass must make it quite difficult to clean the glass.