Notices
'10-14 Exterior Modifications Place to discuss all 2010-2014 exterior modifications

Need some opinions on wheels.

Search this Thread

Old 6/7/11, 12:41 PM
Mach 1 Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by Kpd3014
Foose stealth legends
DUDE! I WANT THAT HOOD! Thank you posting these pics! How is the quality? Did you get the fiberglass or carbon fiber? Or is that the actual powerflow hood from Saleen? Enquiring minds want to know!
Old 6/7/11, 02:02 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
funny, i thought i posted in here last night.

Love the hood. First pic i've seen that i like it. Gonna make be go out and buy one damnit. If you dont mind me asking. Where and how much?
Old 6/7/11, 04:20 PM
Mach 1 Member

Originally Posted by Digital_Synapse
funny, i thought i posted in here last night.

Love the hood. First pic i've seen that i like it. Gonna make be go out and buy one damnit. If you dont mind me asking. Where and how much?
Ive been looking at them for a while to. Saleen Speedlab has them for about $1300 plus shipping. Ebay has them for $750 total for carbon fiber and $700 total for fiberglass, unpainted of course.

They are called Stalker hoods n Ebay and Powerflow on Saleen.

Saleen http://speedlab.saleen.com/store_con...roduct_id=7188
Old 6/7/11, 04:41 PM
Bullitt Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Foose Nitrous 20's looking super clean on your ride Rob! Im currently looking at some roush 20's, digging how they fill in the wheel well very nicely.

but how is the ride? any changes that might affect drivability?

and Kpd3014, that hood is straight sickness!!
Old 6/7/11, 04:53 PM
Mach 1 Member

Originally Posted by JiveFive0
Foose Nitrous 20's looking super clean on your ride Rob! Im currently looking at some roush 20's, digging how they fill in the wheel well very nicely.

but how is the ride? any changes that might affect drivability?

and Kpd3014, that hood is straight sickness!!
Thanks Jed! Well if you go with the most common tire combos its going to be rougher than stock for sure. I went with 275/40/20's in the back and im thinking I should have gone with 295/35/20's, as a matter of fact thats what ill do next time. If you do the 285/30/20's 1) they will beat you to death, and 2) there isnt much rubber between the rim and the road. Making you succeptable to bending a rim and busting tires. We have crappy roads here so I'm trying to keep as much rubber on them as possible. The 35 series are more expensive but give you a little more beef and they are closer to stock height as well. Im running 265/35/20's in front. Ill paste a link of a website i use to calculate the height of the tires, so you can compare to stock and it will also tell you how your speed will change. If you are getting the Roush wheels that come on the Stock Roush cars then i would say you dont have to worry about clearance or anything. And they are AWESOME! Saw some on craigslist i think but they wanted mucho dinero for them.

I need these!
Attached Images  
Old 6/7/11, 04:55 PM
Mach 1 Member

Fogot the link!

http://www.rimsntires.com/specs.jsp
Old 6/8/11, 01:36 AM
Bullitt Member

Originally Posted by RobDis
Thanks Jed! Well if you go with the most common tire combos its going to be rougher than stock for sure. I went with 275/40/20's in the back and im thinking I should have gone with 295/35/20's, as a matter of fact thats what ill do next time. If you do the 285/30/20's 1) they will beat you to death, and 2) there isnt much rubber between the rim and the road. Making you succeptable to bending a rim and busting tires. We have crappy roads here so I'm trying to keep as much rubber on them as possible. The 35 series are more expensive but give you a little more beef and they are closer to stock height as well. Im running 265/35/20's in front. Ill paste a link of a website i use to calculate the height of the tires, so you can compare to stock and it will also tell you how your speed will change. If you are getting the Roush wheels that come on the Stock Roush cars then i would say you dont have to worry about clearance or anything. And they are AWESOME! Saw some on craigslist i think but they wanted mucho dinero for them.

I need these!
Wow, thanks for the Info and link Rob, yeah those blacked out roush rims in that pic look straight sic!

yeah thats one thing i forgot to think about is road conditions. Out here in cali there are some seriously messed up roads, and having little meat on rims would def cause some serious dents and road rage on my part :P

but i can see the contact patch is pretty fat if i got 295's, my brother is amazed how the p-zeros break away so easily on the 5.0 when we are punching it. What brand of tires are you running?
Old 6/8/11, 02:00 AM
Mach 1 Member

Yeah it is the actual Saleen hood. I compared the eBay hoods from Vis and they are ever so slightly different when it raises up from the scoop and I like the smooth one from Saleen. I ordered it from stage3motorsports. Shipping was free. The hood is fiberglass and was pretty good quality but did have some cracks that needed attention.
Just a note when I bought mine they only had 2 in the warehouse so first come first served.
Old 6/8/11, 05:23 AM
Mach 1 Member

Wow, thanks for the Info and link Rob, yeah those blacked out roush rims in that pic look straight sic!

yeah thats one thing i forgot to think about is road conditions. Out here in cali there are some seriously messed up roads, and having little meat on rims would def cause some serious dents and road rage on my part :P

but i can see the contact patch is pretty fat if i got 295's, my brother is amazed how the p-zeros break away so easily on the 5.0 when we are punching it. What brand of tires are you running?
Nittos on front. And a brand called Delinte on the rear for now. I needed tires pretty bad and thats the only ones the shop could get in the time I needed them. Eventually im going with BFGoodrick G-Force all the way around. They were reasonable and grip very well.
Old 6/8/11, 12:19 PM
Bullitt Member

Nittos on front. And a brand called Delinte on the rear for now. I needed tires pretty bad and thats the only ones the shop could get in the time I needed them. Eventually im going with BFGoodrick G-Force all the way around. They were reasonable and grip very well.
Ahh right on, im going to check around on tirerack and other tire stores near my house to make sure they carry that size.

did you drop your ride at all with the 20's? I wanted to lower it at max 1 inch since had major probs when i dropped it lower than that on my previous stang.
Old 6/8/11, 09:13 PM
Mach 1 Member

Ahh right on, im going to check around on tirerack and other tire stores near my house to make sure they carry that size.

did you drop your ride at all with the 20's? I wanted to lower it at max 1 inch since had major probs when i dropped it lower than that on my previous stang.
No not yet! But im going to drop it an inch as well. Thinking of doing the Eibach Pro-kit. Although it drops the rear about 1.4". With my tires it may be too low in the rear. So i may choose a set of springs that only drop the rear 1".
Old 6/10/11, 03:44 PM
Bullitt Member

No not yet! But im going to drop it an inch as well. Thinking of doing the Eibach Pro-kit. Although it drops the rear about 1.4". With my tires it may be too low in the rear. So i may choose a set of springs that only drop the rear 1".
Cool, im going to roll with the FRPP 1 inch drop. did the 1.5 before but it was a bit too low once my shocks started to go and put a ding in my oil pan when i hit something metal on the freeway, had no where to go so i just went over it and Prayed it wouldn't hit.