Notices
'10-14 Exterior Modifications Place to discuss all 2010-2014 exterior modifications

Making mods to my '13 PW GT

Search this Thread

Old 3/4/13, 09:05 PM
GT Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Installed and adjusted. The center of the hood is taller than the stock hood so it looks bad *** from inside the car. I like it, it was worth the month long wait!

When Cervini has the ram air ducting available I'll add that to the hood.

Last edited by Olds442; 4/25/14 at 07:04 AM.
Old 3/4/13, 09:49 PM
Mach 1 Member

WOW!!!!! That looks soo badass!!! So mean looking!!
Old 3/4/13, 09:56 PM

It's looking pretty freakin bada$$ from outside the car, too!

Sure, the wheels and tires will be good, but the stripes are just gonna throw this thing over the top (pun really wasn't intended there).

It will be a worthy, true reimagining of an Eleanor. Like Eleanor's coming of age granddaughter - a gamer chick with just the right mix of tats and body piercings, without becoming an ink blotter or pincushion.

Have you named her yet?
Old 3/4/13, 10:10 PM
GT Member

Originally Posted by blairnr67
WOW!!!!! That looks soo badass!!! So mean looking!!
Thanks, Bro!
Old 3/4/13, 10:14 PM
GT Member

Originally Posted by Obokky
It's looking pretty freakin bada$$ from outside the car, too!

Sure, the wheels and tires will be good, but the stripes are just gonna throw this thing over the top (pun really wasn't intended there).

It will be a worthy, true reimagining of an Eleanor. Like Eleanor's coming of age granddaughter - a gamer chick with just the right mix of tats and body piercings, without becoming an ink blotter or pincushion.

Have you named her yet?
Yeah, the stripes will bring a lot to the attitude, I'm hoping I can get that red-orange color! Really hoping the wheels show up this week, I'm ready for them to ratchet up the look! Never been much for naming cars, I call it "the Mustang" lol
Old 3/5/13, 06:53 AM
Mach 1 Member

Car looks great...like what you have done with it.
except for those rediculous MGP caliper covers, either paint your stock calipers or shell out the money for a Big Brake Kit!
I still cant understand why they are so popular, but hey its your car...glad you like 'em?!
Old 3/5/13, 07:01 AM
GT Member

Originally Posted by StangLife'12
except for those rediculous MGP caliper covers, either paint your stock calipers or shell out the money for a Big Brake Kit!
I still cant understand why they are so popular, but hey its your car...glad you like 'em?!
Big brake kit? His cars not even 2 months old yet. Give him time to wear out the stockers. Car looks great so far.
Old 3/5/13, 07:53 AM
Mach 1 Member

They look good... Just because they don't cost $2k doesn't make them rediculous.
Old 3/5/13, 08:13 AM

Uh, did you even read OP's original comment on the same - the thread starter? Let me point it out to you:

Originally Posted by Olds442
Front caliper covers. Yes, they're a little cheesy and overpriced, but the factory calipers are more ugly.
Let's not be too hasty to flog someone who takes the time to share his buildout - don't want to discourage anyone else from documenting and sharing in fear of flaming...
Old 3/5/13, 08:21 PM
GT Member

CJ Pony Parts tells me the wheels are back ordered, so it's looking like 2 weeks before they show up.

Maybe call for an appointment to get the stripes applied while waiting? They say I have to leave the car for 2 days for the install so that's kind of a PIA during the work week. Back in '06 I had a new GTO that I had to leave at the dealer for some paint touch ups and they put 40 miles on it joy riding. I'm not very eager to have another experience like that.
Old 3/5/13, 08:24 PM
GT Member

CJ Pony Parts tells me the wheels are back ordered, so it's looking like 2 weeks before they show up.

Maybe call for an appointment to get the stripes applied while waiting? They say I have to leave the car for 2 days for the install so that's kind of a PIA during the work week. Back in '06 I had a new GTO that I had to leave at the dealer for some paint touch ups and they put 40 miles on it joy riding. I'm not very eager to have another experience like that.
That sucks. I'd be POd. Can't wait to see the stripes though
Old 3/5/13, 08:27 PM
Cobra R Member

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts
All the scoops come together so well, I'd like to do something like this. Can't wait to see the wheels and stripes either
Old 3/5/13, 09:10 PM
Shelby GT500 Member

Wow two days for stripes?? Shooooot.

And cj has something else on back order? Wonder what's going on right now. It's not like some big sale has just happened. Maybe the rep will chime in for you.
Old 3/5/13, 09:20 PM
Mach 1 Member

Originally Posted by 06blackvertstang

Wow two days for stripes?? Shooooot.

And cj has something else on back order? Wonder what's going on right now. It's not like some big sale has just happened. Maybe the rep will chime in for you.
It's a cost saving method. CJ doesn't want to keep things in stock for the fear of not selling it. They seem like penny pinchers.
Old 3/6/13, 02:32 AM
GT Member

Originally Posted by mikeyt03
It's a cost saving method. CJ doesn't want to keep things in stock for the fear of not selling it. They seem like penny pinchers.
They were significantly cheaper than AM on the wheels, that's why I went there. I'll just have wait at this point. I also ordered the Ford Strut tower brace from CJPP for $119, $80 cheaper than other vendors. I try to look around to save a little bit where I can.
Old 3/6/13, 02:34 AM
GT Member

Originally Posted by Hadtohaveit'13
All the scoops come together so well, I'd like to do something like this. Can't wait to see the wheels and stripes either
Thanks, man! Yes, Ford and Shelby had the look all through the 60's. I remember seeing those cars on the street every once in a while, they were always attention grabbers!
Old 3/6/13, 06:50 PM
Mach 1 Member

In for updates!
Old 3/6/13, 07:57 PM
GT Member

Went up to the Decal Shoppe to select the stripe vinyl this evening. I'll take my car up Friday after work and pick it up Sunday. I decided I am going with 10" stripes and the G.T. 302 side stripes.

It was dusk when I took this cell phone pic, but you can get an idea of the color and the contrast with the white.

Last edited by Olds442; 4/25/14 at 07:18 AM.
Old 3/6/13, 07:58 PM
Cobra R Member

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts
Went up to the Decal Shoppe to select the stripe vinyl this evening. I'll take my car up Friday after work and pick it up Sunday. I decided I am going with 10" stripes and the G.T. 302 side stripes.

It was dusk when I took this cell phone pic, but you can get an idea of the color and the contrast with the white.
Sweet! Gonna look great
Old 3/6/13, 08:22 PM
GT Member

Can't wait till Sunday. It's gunna look sick

Quick Reply: Making mods to my '13 PW GT