'10-14 V6 Modifications Place to discuss 2010 V6 modifications

Procharge?

Search this Thread

Old 1/20/13 | 06:33 PM
Bullitt Member

Hm. Four pages and not one decent reply about what other mods will be needed. My forum searches have only turned up a pair of V6 drivers that SC theirs cars, and both of those were 2010s.

I am considering a Procharger SC for my 2013 V6 as well, but will not have the coin for a year. My car is presently in storage as it is winter here, but I already have CAI installed, a tuner will be purchased once winter is over.

So what else. I have read about the drive shafts, been looking at control arms. The car should be at 475HP if the specs from Procharger are to be believed. If true that is plenty good for me.
Old 1/20/13 | 11:37 PM
FR500 Member

Originally Posted by V6 Driver
Hm. Four pages and not one decent reply about what other mods will be needed. My forum searches have only turned up a pair of V6 drivers that SC theirs cars, and both of those were 2010s.

I am considering a Procharger SC for my 2013 V6 as well, but will not have the coin for a year. My car is presently in storage as it is winter here, but I already have CAI installed, a tuner will be purchased once winter is over.

So what else. I have read about the drive shafts, been looking at control arms. The car should be at 475HP if the specs from Procharger are to be believed. If true that is plenty good for me.
I payed very close attention to the AM sixxer build and was blown away with the results! I mean, 305hp is more than enough to get me in trouble but 475... Gimme gimme!!!
Old 1/29/13 | 07:00 PM
V6 Member

Hello,

I have found this thread to be both interesting and insulting.... As a previous owner of a '97 Cobra and '06 GT I never like the v6 or anything other than a V8 in the stang.

With that being said; I was thrilled to find out that the 3.7L had the same power as my two previous mustangs AND with better fuel economy. I drove the cobra into the ground with 30k miles per year and didn't drive the GT enough (5200 miles in 4.5 years) but had plans to supercharge it as my hobby car.

Now that the 3.7L will be a daily driver (at least most of the year) it is great to know that with a supercharger the power levels are just as good as what I had planned for my '06. Better fuel economy, cheaper insurance and 19" wheels. AND, I love that it will be a sleeper.

As soon as I get my hands on her it will be a tuner and a drive shaft soon to follow. Then late summer a procharger or comparable turbo kit to top it off. The prices of the FI kits are around $5200 which will put the car at 475 hp and still be $3K cheaper than a GT.

I no longer see anything wrong with the V6 - But I'm not gonna lie - I will miss the rumble of the V8 - guess another custom stereo (played a bit louder) will fill the void of sound.

Any questions? At least that is my thought process... and no, the insurance is not a factor.... but I am holding two mortgages, raising a family and my wife and I have PLENTY of student loans to pay.