Notices
'10-14 V6 Modifications Place to discuss 2010 V6 modifications

BAMA performance support?

Search this Thread

Old 8/26/13, 08:37 PM
Bullitt Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
If you're looking for an alternative, try MPT.
Old 8/26/13, 10:05 PM
Cobra Member

You need to try the race tune. When I had my '12 that was the best one and I always rode around with that. Its gonna be the best one they provide. Also if you don't feel like your getting anything from it have them do a revision of your tunes to see if they can make it better. If that doesn't work I would try out MPT.
Old 8/26/13, 10:15 PM
Mach 1 Member

Originally Posted by hogasswild
If you're looking for an alternative, try MPT.
Been thinking about it but jot ready to shell out some extra cash for another tune(yet). Gonna keep trying with bama first

Originally Posted by Ajcruz1
You need to try the race tune. When I had my '12 that was the best one and I always rode around with that. Its gonna be the best one they provide. Also if you don't feel like your getting anything from it have them do a revision of your tunes to see if they can make it better. If that doesn't work I would try out MPT.
I want too but i was hoping to avoid losing anymore mpg(already lost a hit with the new wheels). about how much does the race tune drop your mpg? I drive mainly city traffic.
Also is there any difference with the 13's v the 11-12? Cause i know one thing thats super annoying is the weird limiting thing at 2k rpm.. Im finding the simplest solution is just putting it in select shift mode
Old 8/26/13, 11:28 PM
Mach 1 Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by roadrunner
Just wondering, how can you tell that they are not reading the comments field?

also, did you ever try the street tune or performance? and if so, what was your experience with it?
im trying to gather info on what I can do cause right now im pretty disappointed in these tunes, they feel either exactly the same as stock, or barely barely noticeably better. im hoping its somehow my error, otherwise I wasted hundreds lol. though overall if I do future mods I guess it will come in handy so its not a total waste. I have not tried the 91R tune either though, was kinda hoping not to lose mpg(supposedly you gain with the 87s/87p)..

also have you tried select shift? so far that seems the best!!!
My 2 cents.

Look at American Muscle's project cars. In terms of the tune and other mods they advertise, they are actually quite honest. You can't necessarily go by "feel". I bet if you took your car to the track and benchmarked, you would definitely see a difference. I gained exactly the advertised gains with the tune at the track which was 6 tenths of a second in the quarter mile on the race tune with the CAI.

Secondly, I know AM does read the comments. Because the last tune I did I told them in the comments the exact water temperature I wanted my cooling fan to come on. After loading the tune and testing, the fan came on at the exact temp I requested. So that is proof that they really do read the comments.
Old 8/28/13, 01:49 PM
Mach 1 Member

Originally Posted by db2797
My 2 cents.

Look at American Muscle's project cars. In terms of the tune and other mods they advertise, they are actually quite honest. You can't necessarily go by "feel". I bet if you took your car to the track and benchmarked, you would definitely see a difference. I gained exactly the advertised gains with the tune at the track which was 6 tenths of a second in the quarter mile on the race tune with the CAI.

Secondly, I know AM does read the comments. Because the last tune I did I told them in the comments the exact water temperature I wanted my cooling fan to come on. After loading the tune and testing, the fan came on at the exact temp I requested. So that is proof that they really do read the comments.

im happy with Bama. told them about the issue and theyre helping me out. love AM's and Bama's customer service
Old 9/7/13, 04:51 PM
CVH
Bullitt Member

It was a trial and error to get to the optimized tune. And I completely understand. No two cars are identical and humans make errors.
My car is running good and I am satisfied again.
One more tune when the xpipe comes in and then, she's complete?
Old 9/7/13, 05:51 PM
Cobra Member

Originally Posted by CVH
It was a trial and error to get to the optimized tune. And I completely understand. No two cars are identical and humans make errors.
My car is running good and I am satisfied again.
One more tune when the xpipe comes in and then, she's complete?
Are you going to do hi-flow cats and replace the piping from the x-pipe to the axle-backs?
Old 9/7/13, 08:03 PM
CVH
Bullitt Member

Originally Posted by Ajcruz1

Are you going to do hi-flow cats and replace the piping from the x-pipe to the axle-backs?
Frpp xpipe on back order. Debating replacing the rest of the piping.
Old 9/7/13, 08:55 PM

Got my Bama Tuner the other day. Called with a question and got a very condescending rep on the phone. Acted like he had NO time for me. BAD first experience with them.
Old 9/7/13, 09:39 PM
Shelby GT500 Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Originally Posted by stevew2023
Got my Bama Tuner the other day. Called with a question and got a very condescending rep on the phone. Acted like he had NO time for me. BAD first experience with them.
Sorry to hear that. I have been dealing with American Muscle for almost two years now and have always had good customer service. The reps have always been polite and friendly. Perhaps you caught the rep on an off day. They were still morning the butt raping the Baltimore Ravins took from Denver. Of course that couldn't be it because the rep was located in Delaware County which is outside of Philadelphia therefore was dreaming of the Philadelphia Eagles kicking the Washington Deadskins a$$ this upcoming Monday night.

Last edited by 2011 Kona Blue; 9/7/13 at 09:40 PM.
Old 10/10/13, 09:33 AM
CVH
Bullitt Member

Bama update

I recently installed my latest tune for my updated parts, the programmer did a great job this time. Shifts points are just as requested. Idle is stable.
I would like more info on the tune file, though.