'10-14 V6 Modifications Place to discuss 2010 V6 modifications

BAMA performance support?

Search this Thread

Old 8/6/13, 09:26 AM
CVH
Bullitt Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
BAMA performance support?

I have been a customer of AM since the beginning of my '13 V6. Every part has been purchased from the company. I chose/purchased the the wireless iTSX dongle because of my intensive install of my iPad3 in my Stang.
Since the ipad is a permanent install, I wanted to see my gauge readouts and load tunes on the fly if needed. Wireless iTSX seemed to be the best option.

I have been turned off by BAMAs customer service everytime I call and place an order for a tune. They never read the comments for my tune and always send me out a generic tune. I eventually attempt to call them to see if my tunes were processed properly, and all I get is a bad vibe and a long pause after every sentence I say. maybe he is laughing at me because I did not know that the purchase of my new headers did not require a tune? I am not knowledgable in creating tunes for my vehicle and this should be considered for most customers.
I purchased headers the other day, installed them, ordered a tune, and the same result. Wrong tune sent! Car had noticeable power loss. I was VERY specific in the comments.

Does anyone else have success with loading a different companies tune into the Wireless iTSX? I will purchase the tunes for good results.
I hear MPT is getting on top?
Thanks in advance

Last edited by CVH; 8/6/13 at 09:28 AM.
Old 8/6/13, 10:10 AM
Just Plain Rude!

Received 18 Likes on 18 Posts
I haven't had any issues with AM or their tunes. You were kind of unclear...are you ordering by phone or online? Also, have you messaged one of the reps on this forum? Another thought...perhaps you don't know how to use the tuner, and your not loading the correct tune. Can you also post what mods you have?
Old 8/6/13, 10:24 AM
CVH
Bullitt Member

Online and by phone. I buy parts, submit for tune with specific info and parts. Wrong tune sent.
I have many upgrades. My tuner is my iPad.
<-------engineer

Last edited by CVH; 8/6/13 at 10:37 AM.
Old 8/6/13, 10:41 AM
Just Plain Rude!

Originally Posted by CVH
Online and by phone. I'm pretty sure I was clear. I buy parts, submit for tune with specific info and parts. Wrong tune sent.
I have many upgrades. My tuner is my iPad.
<-------engineer
None of that was helpful. You need to be more specific. Have you messaged one of the reps?
Old 8/6/13, 10:46 AM
CVH
Bullitt Member

Are you using custom tunes or just a generic tune for your parts?
I've been trying hard to use the hybrid 93R tune for my parts.
I called yesterday, he said it will be created and would have an "H" in the tune title. Just sent me tuned with no "H" 15mins ago.
This is my 5th attempt.
Seems like when you mention "hybrid" is when they get quiet.
Old 8/6/13, 10:55 AM
CVH
Bullitt Member

Originally Posted by stupidgenius36

None of that was helpful. You need to be more specific. Have you messaged one of the reps?
I think your missing the point. Why would I have to message a forum member when I have direct contact with the company?

The specifics are for the programmer. Too many parts to list.
Taking a deep breathe an another call will be made this afternoon. Fingers crossed.

Last edited by CVH; 8/6/13 at 11:03 AM.
Old 8/6/13, 11:11 AM
Just Plain Rude!

Originally Posted by CVH
Are you using custom tunes or just a generic tune for your parts?

I think your missing the point. Why would I have to message a forum member when I have direct contact with the company?

The specifics are for the programmer. Too many parts to list.
Taking a deep breathe an another call will be made this afternoon. Fingers crossed.
I use a custom tune from AM.

The rep on this forum IS direct contact with the company. He's here to help with things like this.

Your relevant mods can't be that extensive, if you're just now getting a tune. If you can't fix the problem now, even switching to another company may just be a waste of money.
Old 8/6/13, 11:22 AM
Shelby GT500 Member

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Dan: where are you ????
Old 8/6/13, 11:26 AM
Bullitt Member

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
If I may, my experience with tunes through AM has been the same. I have just bolt ons that should be easy to tune for, but I am on my 3rd revision of a 93 performance tune. I finally decided that I will get a proper dyno tune and be done with it. Obviously I'll continue to use AM for parts, but not for tunes.
Old 8/6/13, 11:52 AM
CVH
Bullitt Member

Originally Posted by V6 Driver
If I may, my experience with tunes through AM has been the same. I have just bolt ons that should be easy to tune for, but I am on my 3rd revision of a 93 performance tune. I finally decided that I will get a proper dyno tune and be done with it. Obviously I'll continue to use AM for parts, but not for tunes.
Thanks Genius! I will try here also. I have had the tuner since day 10 of my Stangs ownership.
I too only have bolt on parts, that were installed properly, I went to ford today to re-torque my header bolts and to check for exhaust leaks.
My previous tune I had before the headers runs a noticeable difference and sound, than the new tune. I would just like a fully optimized file, maybe a dyno tune is the way to go........

My experience with AM for parts is excellent! And I just received an email stating they just shipped my Koni STR.T struts 10 mins ago! No complaints at all there.
Old 8/6/13, 11:56 AM
Former Vendor

Originally Posted by CVH
I have been a customer of AM since the beginning of my '13 V6. Every part has been purchased from the company. I chose/purchased the the wireless iTSX dongle because of my intensive install of my iPad3 in my Stang.
Since the ipad is a permanent install, I wanted to see my gauge readouts and load tunes on the fly if needed. Wireless iTSX seemed to be the best option.

I have been turned off by BAMAs customer service everytime I call and place an order for a tune. They never read the comments for my tune and always send me out a generic tune. I eventually attempt to call them to see if my tunes were processed properly, and all I get is a bad vibe and a long pause after every sentence I say. maybe he is laughing at me because I did not know that the purchase of my new headers did not require a tune? I am not knowledgable in creating tunes for my vehicle and this should be considered for most customers.
I purchased headers the other day, installed them, ordered a tune, and the same result. Wrong tune sent! Car had noticeable power loss. I was VERY specific in the comments.

Does anyone else have success with loading a different companies tune into the Wireless iTSX? I will purchase the tunes for good results.
I hear MPT is getting on top?
Thanks in advance
CVH,

I'm sorry to hear about this experience. This is not the type of feedback I'm used to hearing but negative feedback is important to me so I know what we can work on!

It sounds like the Bama team needs to pay a little more attention to detail! If we would have written your tunes based off of the 19 questions and comment section, your tune would have been in good shape. I'm going to get you squared away now!

Please shoot me a PM with your order number included. I'll have our Bama Manager contact you directly this afternoon! Hang in there, we'll have you enjoying your tune in no time.

-Dan
Old 8/6/13, 12:02 PM
CVH
Bullitt Member

My tuner
Name:  GOPR0051_zpscd56b5b9.jpg
Views: 325
Size:  50.2 KB

Name:  8_zps24cfdd27.jpg
Views: 291
Size:  47.6 KB

Last edited by CVH; 8/6/13 at 12:10 PM. Reason: link updates
Old 8/6/13, 12:11 PM
CVH
Bullitt Member

Originally Posted by AMDanBailer
CVH,

I'm sorry to hear about this experience. This is not the type of feedback I'm used to hearing but negative feedback is important to me so I know what we can work on!

It sounds like the Bama team needs to pay a little more attention to detail! If we would have written your tunes based off of the 19 questions and comment section, your tune would have been in good shape. I'm going to get you squared away now!

Please shoot me a PM with your order number included. I'll have our Bama Manager contact you directly this afternoon! Hang in there, we'll have you enjoying your tune in no time.

-Dan
Thanks Dan!
Old 8/7/13, 09:40 AM
CVH
Bullitt Member

Originally Posted by AMDanBailer
CVH,

-Dan
So BAMA never contacted me yesterday afternoon, Dan. Did you receive my PM?
All of my contact info is correct
Old 8/7/13, 10:06 AM
Former Vendor

Originally Posted by CVH
Hey,

Yes I received your PM and got all of your information over to the Bama team. I'll make sure they contact you shortly! Sorry about the delay on this, we really appreciate your patience.

-Dan
Old 8/7/13, 10:20 AM
Mach 1 Member

Originally Posted by CVH
make sure to keep us updated on how it goes.. im just about to buy a bama tune but your experience with them, is beginning to worry me. especially because its not the only time ive seen this, saw similar experiences on other sites :/

though really AM is so good im thinking ill go with them anyway. they take good care of you. I don't know about Bama though, I have no experience with them

Last edited by roadrunner; 8/7/13 at 10:22 AM.
Old 8/7/13, 11:23 AM
Shelby GT350 Member

Received 52 Likes on 47 Posts
What part of Florida are you in CVH? We have a location in Pompano Beach, Florida and if you would like to come down to get your car tuned ... we can set something up.

Let me know?

You can reach me at tim @ steeda.com.

Best Regards,

TJ
Old 8/7/13, 12:15 PM
CVH
Bullitt Member

Originally Posted by tj@steeda
What part of Florida are you in CVH? We have a location in Pompano Beach, Florida and if you would like to come down to get your car tuned ... we can set something up.

Let me know?

You can reach me at tim @ steeda.com.

Best Regards,

TJ
Yes I am local!
Originally Posted by Jonathan73x
make sure to keep us updated on how it goes.. im just about to buy a bama tune but your experience with them, is beginning to worry me. especially because its not the only time ive seen this, saw similar experiences on other sites :/

though really AM is so good im thinking ill go with them anyway. they take good care of you. I don't know about Bama though, I have no experience with them
Ill try this latest tune that was sent out to me, I was just informed that it was a typo, and that the correct tune was sent. I will keep you posted after I load the file, I am currently in my office for another couple hours.
My previous file ran great! I had no complaints, but I am still unsure to if it was the file I requested or a typo also....

I will stay an AM customer, but its a strong possibility that I will try out other programmers.
Old 8/8/13, 06:39 AM
CVH
Bullitt Member

Originally Posted by CVH
Yes I am local!

Ill try this latest tune that was sent out to me, I was just informed that it was a typo, and that the correct tune was sent. I will keep you posted after I load the file, I am currently in my office for another couple hours.
My previous file ran great! I had no complaints, but I am still unsure to if it was the file I requested or a typo also....

I will stay an AM customer, but its a strong possibility that I will try out other programmers.
I loaded the 93R_H tune yesterday, drove home during rush hour, but still noticed an improvement. I am easy on my mustang, most of the time. The ride to work this morning was the true test. I noticed a great increase in power, and I am almost certain that the hybrid tune, grabs the gears in different positions. I am not talking shift points, more like slip and grab. maybe cam timing? Can anyone chime in on this?

I am pleased with the tune, I just wish I could be more thorough with the programmer.

I think my experienced boiled down to the possibility of the programmer not reading the comments field in the 19 question form, and not labeling the files correctly as I was told on the phone. BUT, I am pleased with the tune. I am just wondering if there is anymore performance I can squeeze out of this pony. She runs GREAT/purrs, but we always want more, right?!
The American way!
That being said, I think its time for a dyno tune!
Old 8/26/13, 04:36 PM
Mach 1 Member

Originally Posted by CVH
I loaded the 93R_H tune yesterday, drove home during rush hour, but still noticed an improvement. I am easy on my mustang, most of the time. The ride to work this morning was the true test. I noticed a great increase in power, and I am almost certain that the hybrid tune, grabs the gears in different positions. I am not talking shift points, more like slip and grab. maybe cam timing? Can anyone chime in on this?

I am pleased with the tune, I just wish I could be more thorough with the programmer.

I think my experienced boiled down to the possibility of the programmer not reading the comments field in the 19 question form, and not labeling the files correctly as I was told on the phone. BUT, I am pleased with the tune. I am just wondering if there is anymore performance I can squeeze out of this pony. She runs GREAT/purrs, but we always want more, right?!
The American way!
That being said, I think its time for a dyno tune!
Just wondering, how can you tell that they are not reading the comments field?

also, did you ever try the street tune or performance? and if so, what was your experience with it?
im trying to gather info on what I can do cause right now im pretty disappointed in these tunes, they feel either exactly the same as stock, or barely barely noticeably better. im hoping its somehow my error, otherwise I wasted hundreds lol. though overall if I do future mods I guess it will come in handy so its not a total waste. I have not tried the 91R tune either though, was kinda hoping not to lose mpg(supposedly you gain with the 87s/87p)..

also have you tried select shift? so far that seems the best!!!

Quick Reply: BAMA performance support?