Notices
5.0L GT Modifications Placeholder for future motor based GT's modifications.

Steeda Custom Tuning

Search this Thread

Old 4/16/13, 05:33 PM
Bear Eats King...
Bear ****s Bone

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by t-fatty
Do Steeda tunes require CAI? If not what if any is lost [hp/tq] by not having the CAI?
Lol no... Maybe a 5hp global loss at most...
Old 4/16/13, 06:25 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I want to tune mine but am hesitant it will void the factory warranty. Anybody have the 411 on when Ford voids the warranty? Do they void it with any performance alteration like CIA and a axle back exhaust? Since all three are simple installs can you just put it back to stock when you need service? Thanks!
Old 4/16/13, 06:44 PM
Shelby GT500 Member

Originally Posted by mrtnt3x
I want to tune mine but am hesitant it will void the factory warranty. Anybody have the 411 on when Ford voids the warranty? Do they void it with any performance alteration like CIA and a axle back exhaust? Since all three are simple installs can you just put it back to stock when you need service? Thanks!
It's my understanding that the modification has to be proven to be the cause of the failure. And it comes down to the individual dealer. I've tuned all my cars and haven't had a denied claim yet. CAI and axle back are simple to return to stock. If you have a question I would go talk to the service guys at the dealer you want to have service done at and see what they say
Old 4/16/13, 06:51 PM

Originally Posted by conv_stang
It's my understanding that the modification has to be proven to be the cause of the failure. And it comes down to the individual dealer. I've tuned all my cars and haven't had a denied claim yet. CAI and axle back are simple to return to stock. If you have a question I would go talk to the service guys at the dealer you want to have service done at and see what they say
Great, thanks!
Old 4/16/13, 08:13 PM
Shelby GT350 Member

Received 52 Likes on 47 Posts
On the dyno we typically see 9 to 12 horsepower over the stock airbox, mostly above 4,000rpm. A drop in filter is not going to give you any real measureable horsepower.

That is correct ... unless the part added causes an issue ... then no warrannty is voided. Even if X part causes a failure ... an investigation would have to be done to prove that X part caused a failure.

Rest assure when you run with Steeda these concerns can be put to rest. We have had 0 issues with warranty claims/denials when our products are installed on a consumers car.

Let me know if I can provide any additional information.

Best Regards,

TJ
Old 4/16/13, 08:35 PM

Originally Posted by tj@steeda
On the dyno we typically see 9 to 12 horsepower over the stock airbox, mostly above 4,000rpm. A drop in filter is not going to give you any real measureable horsepower.

That is correct ... unless the part added causes an issue ... then no warrannty is voided. Even if X part causes a failure ... an investigation would have to be done to prove that X part caused a failure.

Rest assure when you run with Steeda these concerns can be put to rest. We have had 0 issues with warranty claims/denials when our products are installed on a consumers car.

Let me know if I can provide any additional information.

Best Regards,

TJ