Notices
5.0L GT Modifications Placeholder for future motor based GT's modifications.

Sound Tube Delete parts list

Search this Thread

Old 5/6/13, 12:03 PM
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Ordered my kit today.

Experimented by taking out the foam baffles on the sound tube. Haha, gets super loud in the car. wifey did not like.
Old 5/8/13, 04:23 PM
Bullitt Member

Could make it run lean. Air coming in thrugh the tube.
Old 5/8/13, 05:26 PM
Bear Eats King...
Bear ****s Bone

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by Roller13
Could make it run lean. Air coming in thrugh the tube.
Lol!
Old 5/8/13, 05:37 PM
Cobra Member

Deleting the sound tube clearly increase horsepower, just think of all the air that isn't going into the tube.
Old 5/9/13, 02:37 PM
Bullitt Member

OK, if you take out the baffle then air will flow into the intake tube through the sound tube after the sensor. Get it?

Last edited by Roller13; 5/9/13 at 05:08 PM.
Old 5/9/13, 03:17 PM
Bear Eats King...
Bear ****s Bone

OK, if you take out the baffle then air will flow into the intake tube thru the sound tube after the sensor. Get it?
Do you know what an o2 sensor does
Old 5/9/13, 04:57 PM
Bullitt Member

Yes I do and its not good for air to get in after it because you will run very lean. To answer your question it senses O2 or the amount of air flowing through the intake at that point, any air getting in down from that point is not metered and will result in a lean mixture. Taking the baffle out results in an open tube and pulls air from the passenger compartment. It is the same as a leaking manifold gasket.

Last edited by Roller13; 5/9/13 at 05:10 PM.
Old 5/9/13, 05:06 PM
Legacy TMS Member

Received 537 Likes on 420 Posts
Yes I do and its not good for air to get in after it because you will run very lean. You don't get that? To answer your question it senses O2 or the amount of air flowing thrugh the intake at that point, any air getting in after that is not metered and will result in a lean mixture.
Plus, it would be un-filtered air, so if somebody wants to leave a nice big hole sucking in dirty air into their $8k engine, good luck to them

Oh, and yes, it will make the car run crappy and most likely cause a check engine light too ... for LEAN condition
Old 5/9/13, 05:48 PM
Bear Eats King...
Bear ****s Bone

Yes I do and its not good for air to get in after it because you will run very lean. To answer your question it senses O2 or the amount of air flowing through the intake at that point, any air getting in down from that point is not metered and will result in a lean mixture. Taking the baffle out results in an open tube and pulls air from the passenger compartment. It is the same as a leaking manifold gasket.
Lmao you clearly don't know... because an o2 sensor is in the exhaust.....
Originally Posted by Gabe

Plus, it would be un-filtered air, so if somebody wants to leave a nice big hole sucking in dirty air into their $8k engine, good luck to them

Oh, and yes, it will make the car run crappy and most likely cause a check engine light too ... for LEAN condition
Too bad it won't cause a lean condition
And if your engine is sucking crap in though that tube then you need to clean your car...
Old 5/9/13, 05:49 PM
Banned

It's actually freaky when you remove the sound tube, when you realize just how much fake noise it added to the cabin. I always was of the opinion that my car was actually kinda loud. Not hardly at all. Especially at idle. With the windows closed and the top up, even with the radio at a low murmur I can't even hear the cars idle.
Old 5/9/13, 05:55 PM
Post *****

Received 159 Likes on 133 Posts
Originally Posted by texastboneking
:burn:
Old 5/9/13, 06:05 PM
Banned

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Originally Posted by 2k7gtcs

:exhausted:
Old 5/9/13, 06:27 PM

Received 20 Likes on 18 Posts
Originally Posted by texastboneking

Too bad it won't cause a lean condition
And if your engine is sucking crap in though that tube then you need to clean your car...
He probably thinking of the MAF sensor in the intake
Old 5/9/13, 06:27 PM
Bear Eats King...
Bear ****s Bone

Originally Posted by phiggs54

He probably thinking of the MAF sensor in the intake
Old 5/10/13, 05:55 AM
Bullitt Member

All I said was sensor, Texas thought O2 sensor. I am totally amazed that you can't understand that, oh well. If you don't pull everything out, leave the diaphragm and maybe some of the sound deadening you would be OK. Last comment, its not crap but the unmetered air that is the problem but you won't understand that either. I'm out of this one.

Last edited by Roller13; 5/10/13 at 06:18 AM.
Old 5/10/13, 06:56 AM
Bear Eats King...
Bear ****s Bone

All I said was sensor, Texas thought O2 sensor. I am totally amazed that you can't understand that, oh well. If you don't pull everything out, leave the diaphragm and maybe some of the sound deadening you would be OK. Last comment, its not crap but the unmetered air that is the problem but you won't understand that either. I'm out of this one.
Audios!

To the op. You wont/cant run lean by pulling the filter/baffle out of the sound tube.

Me personaly, i would delete the tube all together. As it is ugly and the 5.0 engine bay looks alot better without it.
Old 5/10/13, 07:49 AM
Bullitt Member

To those who want to experiment with the sound tube, do not put it back together without the diaphragm. Play around with the baffles all you want and leave that part in, you shouldn't have any problems. I do have a 5.0 2013 Mustang with sound delete.
Old 5/10/13, 09:08 AM
Bear Eats King...
Bear ****s Bone

To those who want to experiment with the sound tube, do not put it back together without the diaphragm. Play around with the baffles all you want and leave that part in, you shouldn't have any problems. I do have a 5.0 2013 Mustang with sound delete.
Im not saying its a good idea to pull it out. Im just saying you wont get a lean condition.

The only harm to be done is any debri from the cabin. No chance of lean condition

Also. Thought you already posted your last post
Or is this a "p.s." post?

Last edited by texastboneking; 5/11/13 at 06:23 AM.
Old 5/11/13, 06:17 AM
Shelby GT350 Member

Grabbed the parts to do this last night, not sure who did the measuring saying the outer diameter of intake side hole was 1.5 inches, but you may want to relearn measuring. I grabbed a 1.5 inch cap and a 1.25 inch cap and both were too big. I ended up cutting the piece of rubber off the intake side and using it as a spacer/gasket, which ended up working really well.
Old 5/11/13, 10:20 AM
Cobra R Member

Received 17 Likes on 17 Posts
Originally Posted by TheDivaDanielle
It's actually freaky when you remove the sound tube, when you realize just how much fake noise it added to the cabin. I always was of the opinion that my car was actually kinda loud. Not hardly at all. Especially at idle. With the windows closed and the top up, even with the radio at a low murmur I can't even hear the cars idle.
I have a dumb question. I believe you have axel backs. I'm on my phone and going by memory. I am concerned that if i delete the sound tube that my car will be too quiet. I'm worried that some of the great sound I that I think comes from my exhaust is actually the sound tube. I'm interested if this has been your experience.

Quick Reply: Sound Tube Delete parts list