Notices
5.0L GT Modifications Placeholder for future motor based GT's modifications.

My Roush axel backs have a cracked weld

Search this Thread

Old 12/28/11, 09:35 AM
Shelby GT350 Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
No news yet. I received an automated message that said 72hrs someone will contact me, well that should be today. If I don't hear by later today I will call them both again.
Old 12/28/11, 09:59 AM
Bullitt Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
That is stupid if you ask me! Why not send you a new set first? Roush makes lots of money for them to be nickle and diming customers. They should send a new set and once they get the old set and test is determine if they should charge you.
Old 12/28/11, 10:06 AM
Cobra Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by Roelito78
That is stupid if you ask me! Why not send you a new set first? Roush makes lots of money for them to be nickle and diming customers. They should send a new set and once they get the old set and test is determine if they should charge you.
That's what I'm saying.

I asked the guy what if I didn't have the stock mufflers, and his response "it will only be a week or so without the roushes on there"

I said and my car is a daily, so that's unacceptable to have no mufflers.

They were not going to budge though.
Old 12/28/11, 01:25 PM
Shelby GT350 Member

Well....this is the response from Roush:

"Thanks for contacting ROUSH Performance.

The first step is to take your vehicle to a authorized ROUSH/Ford dealership. They will contact our warranty department.

Thank You, ROUSH Performance Products Customer Service 39555 Schoolcraft Rd. Plymouth, MI 48170 Phone: 800-59-ROUSH"

Looks like it's time to call Stage 3 back again. I'm starting to get the feeling I'll be getting the run-around...
Old 12/28/11, 01:37 PM
Shelby GT350 Member

Update:

This is from Bill Lindsay @ Stage 3:

"Give us a call on Jan 2 (when we re-open) and we will get you a new one. "
Looks like Stage 3 is stepping up. I'll post back on the 2nd and let everyone know what happens.
Old 12/28/11, 01:38 PM
Cobra Member

Awesome to hear. Hopefully I can use this to sway BOI into giving me a new set as well.
Old 12/28/11, 04:04 PM
Bullitt Member

Maybe time to try the Boss H Pipe with your stockers. The GT500's are decently loud with the resonators removed. I want going to try the Boss H with my GT500's and hopefully meet in the middle sound wise.
Old 12/28/11, 04:48 PM
Shelby GT350 Member

Originally Posted by LEwis26
Awesome to hear. Hopefully I can use this to sway BOI into giving me a new set as well.
I hope it goes as easy as it appears to be. We'll see next week.
Old 12/28/11, 04:56 PM
Cobra Member

Originally Posted by wonger
Maybe time to try the Boss H Pipe with your stockers. The GT500's are decently loud with the resonators removed. I want going to try the Boss H with my GT500's and hopefully meet in the middle sound wise.
I just wish it wasn't so expensive. Boss H pipe and cutouts would be awesome though. I wonder how h pipe and gt500s will sound.
Old 12/29/11, 01:50 AM

I've seen this issue pop up a few times

Will definitely check mine out after a few hundred miles

The first guy running Flowmaster Outlaws had the same issue with his Roush which is why he switched
Old 12/29/11, 11:38 AM
Shelby GT350 Member

Originally Posted by LEwis26

I just wish it wasn't so expensive. Boss H pipe and cutouts would be awesome though. I wonder how h pipe and gt500s will sound.
That Boss h pipe would be sweet. Since you like the Roush's, the Gt500s would be to quiet for you, even with an h. I had the gt500s on my car for a day and went right back to the Roush's.
Old 12/29/11, 11:39 AM
Shelby GT350 Member

Originally Posted by JimmyM
I've seen this issue pop up a few times

Will definitely check mine out after a few hundred miles

The first guy running Flowmaster Outlaws had the same issue with his Roush which is why he switched
Who was it? Did they have any luck with Roush?
Old 12/29/11, 12:22 PM
GT Member

Mine are brand new and I hope I don't run into this issue, because I love them.

We have no snow down here, but it does rain quite often and is very humid. I thought these were stainless?

Mike
Old 12/29/11, 12:33 PM
Shelby GT350 Member

Originally Posted by mbreinin
Mine are brand new and I hope I don't run into this issue, because I love them.

We have no snow down here, but it does rain quite often and is very humid. I thought these were stainless?

Mike
I love mine too and I've probably encouraged a few folks to buy a set too....this is why I'm so upset about this.

Hopefully you'll be ok. I'm thinking there may have been a quality control issue with the older ones, which hopefully explains the huge price increase. They claim to be stainless, but from my experience it doesn't appear to be...stainless shouldn't rust. If I were you, I'd clean them up real good and get a good polish on them to hopefully avoid the issues I'm experiencing.
Old 12/29/11, 12:49 PM
GT Member

Originally Posted by Hytek
I love mine too and I've probably encouraged a few folks to buy a set too....this is why I'm so upset about this.

Hopefully you'll be ok. I'm thinking there may have been a quality control issue with the older ones, which hopefully explains the huge price increase. They claim to be stainless, but from my experience it doesn't appear to be...stainless shouldn't rust. If I were you, I'd clean them up real good and get a good polish on them to hopefully avoid the issues I'm experiencing.
Maybe so. Thanks for the advice!

Mike
Old 12/30/11, 11:13 AM
Mach 1 Member

Same issue here I brought my car in today for the Boss Quad exhaust install. I told them while they had it up on the lift to check the welds on the mufflers . They told me and later saw for myself that the weld closest to the front of the car on both mufflers were rusted and leaking water. How disappointing..... what is the FRPP equivalent to the Roush? Is it the sport exhaust? Bye Bye Roush never ever again!
Old 12/30/11, 11:30 AM
Shelby GT350 Member

Originally Posted by Big Papi's Pony
Same issue here I brought my car in today for the Boss Quad exhaust install. I told them while they had it up on the lift to check the welds on the mufflers . They told me and later saw for myself that the weld closest to the front of the car on both mufflers were rusted and leaking water. How disappointing..... what is the FRPP equivalent to the Roush? Is it the sport exhaust? Bye Bye Roush never ever again!
Man the Boss quad and Roush's would be sick! I think the Sports would probably be the closest. Post up some video of the new set up.
Old 12/30/11, 11:44 AM
GT Member

Well, if mine crack I will just have my guy run a new bead. These mufflers sound too good to change.

Mike
Old 12/30/11, 11:56 AM
Shelby GT350 Member

Originally Posted by mbreinin
Well, if mine crack I will just have my guy run a new bead. These mufflers sound too good to change.

Mike
That's my last resort, or whole new set up...
Old 12/30/11, 01:28 PM
Mach 1 Member

Originally Posted by Hytek

Man the Boss quad and Roush's would be sick! I think the Sports would probably be the closest. Post up some video of the new set up.
I'm already pricing the FRPP sport cans. They sound almost identical. I will post video up tomorrow but I don't think it does it justice. This is the best money I ever spent on this car. I did not have them install the restricter plates so they are wide open and boy does it sound good! The car sounds like a late 60's early 70's muscle car now.

Quick Reply: My Roush axel backs have a cracked weld