5.0L GT Modifications Placeholder for future motor based GT's modifications.

KONI STR.T + Steeda sport springs

Search this Thread

Old 1/27/13, 09:24 PM
Mach 1 Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Thanks folks. Car won't be here for a few months, but it is nice to hear the good feedback on the STR.Ts and Steeda Sport springs.

Sounds like the PHB is a wait-and-see item. Install the struts and springs, and then see if the PHB is needed.

So...

What PHBs are you guys using? Is the main purpose just to center ( and keep centered ) the rear axle, thereby preventing any tire rub throughout the full range of suspension travel?
Old 1/28/13, 01:27 AM
GT Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
BMR adjustable PHB is commonly used. And yes, it is required to re-center the rear axle after lowering the car (more than 1" i guess).

http://www.bmrsuspension.com/?page=p...&productid=172
Old 1/28/13, 12:01 PM
Mach 1 Member

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts
Will i FEEL an improvement with STRT shocks on a stock brembo suspension,just 55d rear springs,roush uca,frpp lca.
Old 1/28/13, 12:04 PM
Bullitt Member

Originally Posted by Ponywars
Will i FEEL an improvement with STRT shocks on a stock brembo suspension,just 55d rear springs,roush uca,frpp lca.
Yes. These cars are considered underdamped from the factory and this shock/strut combo will definitely improve handling and feel. I'm installing these along with the Steeda Sports as soon as my 14 arrives.
Old 1/28/13, 12:08 PM
Mach 1 Member

Originally Posted by PaxtonShelby
Thanks folks. Car won't be here for a few months, but it is nice to hear the good feedback on the STR.Ts and Steeda Sport springs.

Sounds like the PHB is a wait-and-see item. Install the struts and springs, and then see if the PHB is needed.

So...

What PHBs are you guys using? Is the main purpose just to center ( and keep centered ) the rear axle, thereby preventing any tire rub throughout the full range of suspension travel?
The pan hard bar will only center the axle under static load, a watts link is required to keep the axle centered throughout the full range of suspension travel.

When you lower the car without adding an adjustable pan hard bar, you change the static height of the vehicle thus changing where the axle is centered versus stock.
Old 1/28/13, 12:15 PM
Mach 1 Member

So - it would be better to just get a watts link instead of an adjustable PHB? Or is that overkill for a 95% street-driven GT?
Old 1/28/13, 01:02 PM
Mach 1 Member

Originally Posted by PaxtonShelby
So - it would be better to just get a watts link instead of an adjustable PHB? Or is that overkill for a 95% street-driven GT?
Yes it would be much better, but it would also be a lot more money. Overkill IMO for street car. I just wanted to point out the differences between the pan hard bar and what you thought it accomplished. The stock bar is one length, The aftermarket pan hard bar is threaded so that you can lengthen or shorten it to center the rear axle when it's setting static on the ground.
Old 1/28/13, 02:34 PM
Shelby GT350 Member

Received 52 Likes on 47 Posts
Here is a video that we put together for the adjustable panhard bar ...

PM me or email me at tim@steeda.com if I can help with any questions or pricing.

Best Regards,

TJ
Old 1/29/13, 08:00 AM
Bullitt Member

Originally Posted by tj@steeda
Here is a video that we put together for the adjustable panhard bar ...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature...&v=ftkQI6IGV8M

PM me or email me at tim@steeda.com if I can help with any questions or pricing.

Best Regards,

TJ
I just recieved my Steeda adjustable Panhard bar and brace from you guys. I will be putting it on soon. I will be using Steeda Ultalite springs also.
Thanks
Old 1/29/13, 08:32 AM
Mach 1 Member

Subd
Old 1/29/13, 09:56 AM
Shelby GT500 Member

Originally Posted by blairnr67
Subd
Looks like someone's going to lower their car soon haha
Old 1/29/13, 11:40 AM
Mach 1 Member

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts
Will you feel a difference with an adj PHB on a stock ride height car?
Old 1/29/13, 12:01 PM
Bullitt Member

You'd be gaining benefits from a stiffer bar and bushings, so you'd likely see some improvement, but I can't tell you that it would offer much return on invest.
Old 1/29/13, 04:26 PM
Former Vendor

Originally Posted by Ponywars
Will you feel a difference with an adj PHB on a stock ride height car?
You'd be wasting your money getting an adj. PHB on a stock height car unless you're car is not centered from the start.
Old 1/30/13, 07:15 AM
GT Member

Originally Posted by FAST FRED
I just recieved my Steeda adjustable Panhard bar and brace from you guys. I will be putting it on soon. I will be using Steeda Ultalite springs also.
Thanks
Same plan here. Still accumulating parts and waiting anxiously for spring. The Steeda parts all look very well made.
Old 2/15/13, 09:56 AM

I installed Koni yellows and steeda sport springs on my 2013 gt 300a. I also used the maximum motorsports caster camber plates. My only regret is that I wished I used the steeda plates instead because the MM plates re-use the factory bearings. Yep, the factory ones that come apart when removed. Mine kept coming apart when I released the pressure from the spring compressor. I do like the extra adjustability the MM plates give though.

At first I just installed just the rear shocks and drove around for a week. Even that was a big improvement.

I am playing around with the adjustments and it is real fun to try different settings out. I didn't get the adjustable panhard bar, but may in the future if I get wider wheels that will make my off center rear end more noticeable.

The ride is awesome! Too stiff for my wife, but the roads here are so bad, as soon as spring comes, it won't be so rough. I think the ride is a great compromise for my daily driven mustang. I will keep the koni's on stiffer settings unless on a trip with my wife. The adjustments on mine should say,,, Less *****ing..........Full *****ing instead of soft/stiff.
Old 2/18/13, 06:15 AM
Shelby GT500 Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
HA HA...less or more..That's classic husband logic. I'm with you brother. Good review. These are also on my to do list.