Notices
5.0L GT Modifications Placeholder for future motor based GT's modifications.

I Need Opinions.

Search this Thread

Old 1/10/12, 07:30 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Cool I Need Opinions.

Hey, okay so I have a 2011 5.0 mustang gt. I have it lowered with roush springs, a custom made exhaust system, and RTR rims. I was thinking about putting a new Cold air intake on, and was siding with the Air Raid. This is because it doesn't need a tune. Would it make a noticeable difference without a tune?

Thanks.
Old 1/10/12, 07:37 PM
Shelby GT350 Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by gpbentley
Hey, okay so I have a 2011 5.0 mustang gt. I have it lowered with roush springs, a custom made exhaust system, and RTR rims. I was thinking about putting a new Cold air intake on, and was siding with the Air Raid. This is because it doesn't need a tune. Would it make a noticeable difference without a tune?

Thanks.
We have nearly the same mods lol. Your not going to see much with a cai without a tune.
Old 1/10/12, 07:42 PM
Bullitt Member

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
Although you won't see much of a gain without a tune a CAI is a good start. Like the Airaid, the Roush CAI does not require a tune but the funnel inside can be removed to allow more airflow and increased performance if/when you decide to get a tune.

http://www.purespeedmotorsports.com/...0-2012-gt.html
Old 1/10/12, 08:47 PM
Mach 1 Member

Originally Posted by PureSpeedMotorsports
Although you won't see much of a gain without a tune a CAI is a good start. Like the Airaid, the Roush CAI does not require a tune but the funnel inside can be removed to allow more airflow and increased performance if/when you decide to get a tune.

http://www.purespeedmotorsports.com/...0-2012-gt.html
Has there been a before and after dyno tune done on the ROUSH intake....sans tune!? I have yet to see one, but interested!
Old 1/10/12, 09:23 PM
Mach 1 Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Get the SCT Tuner if you are able to. The "ram air" (try don't make cold air intakes for the S197's) you are debating will you nominal it ANY HP increases. What are your plans for the five-oh exactly?
Old 1/11/12, 06:55 PM

Here is the 5.0 I was talking about. I was planning to go with a CAI soon, but I was worried about the tune breaking warrantee.
Old 1/11/12, 07:17 PM
Shelby GT350 Member

Received 52 Likes on 47 Posts
Hey Guys,

I just want to provide you with some specific information on Steeda and when or if you are looking to purchase our products. There is a lot of concern among consumers when they are shopping for aftermarket parts and the effects they may have on their vehicle.

I just wanted to put your minds at ease and read the following if you are indeed looking to take your Mustang to the next level with a CAI and Tune and any other parts for that matter.

Steeda Autosports designs, engineers, and manufacturers parts. One must realize that for over 23 years, Steeda has been working hand-in-hand with Ford on a vast array of programs, both OEM for their production programs as well as aftermarket part related programs. We have directly worked with Ford on many critical programs over the years, and we were the pilot company to work together with Ford Motor Company under the Ford/SEMA Technology Sharing Initiative. In addition, as a testate to the quality and that go into each of our products; we are one of only several aftermarket companies that are ISO 9001-2008 certified. What does all of this mean? It all underscores the Commitment that we have to produce the highest quality level of products that enhance performance for the niche performance customer using the latest technologies and under the auspices of the Ford Technology Program. We thoroughly test our products on the street, track, and dragstrip under the most severe conditions - all with the specific intent of ensuring that the products we sell, will NOT precipitate damage to the vehicle or denial of any OEM warranty provisions. To date, we have zero issues or denials with regard to an OEM warranty when our products have been installed as directed on consumer cars - ZERO!

This does not happen by chance, rather it is because of the commitment we have for the upmost level of quality, the fact that we design/engineer/manufacture our products under strict ISO 9001-2008 procedures, and also because of our engineering relationship we have with Ford Motor Company. Our products enhance the OEM product without sacrificing reliability, damaging a vehicle, or adversely affecting NVH qualities to the level that many of our competitors do.

The bottom line: One must choose their aftermarket parts wisely so that the integrity of their vehicle is not compromised. In that accord, it is prudent to align yourself with a proven leader in Ford performance parts and accessories, one that works hand-in-hand with Ford Motor Company, and one that designs, engineers, and manufacturers their products under the same ISO quality system that Ford operates under and lastly, one that has a lifetime guarantee on their products.

Must be aware that approximately 99% of aftermarket companies do not operate under the strict procedures that Steeda does therein lies the "Steeda Difference" that you can have confidence with.

Thanks TJ

Last edited by tj@steeda; 1/11/12 at 07:19 PM.
Old 1/13/12, 12:18 PM
Bullitt Member

Originally Posted by tj@steeda
Hey Guys,

I just want to provide you with some specific information on Steeda and when or if you are looking to purchase our products. There is a lot of concern among consumers when they are shopping for aftermarket parts and the effects they may have on their vehicle.

I just wanted to put your minds at ease and read the following if you are indeed looking to take your Mustang to the next level with a CAI and Tune and any other parts for that matter.

Steeda Autosports designs, engineers, and manufacturers parts. One must realize that for over 23 years, Steeda has been working hand-in-hand with Ford on a vast array of programs, both OEM for their production programs as well as aftermarket part related programs. We have directly worked with Ford on many critical programs over the years, and we were the pilot company to work together with Ford Motor Company under the Ford/SEMA Technology Sharing Initiative. In addition, as a testate to the quality and that go into each of our products; we are one of only several aftermarket companies that are ISO 9001-2008 certified. What does all of this mean? It all underscores the Commitment that we have to produce the highest quality level of products that enhance performance for the niche performance customer using the latest technologies and under the auspices of the Ford Technology Program. We thoroughly test our products on the street, track, and dragstrip under the most severe conditions - all with the specific intent of ensuring that the products we sell, will NOT precipitate damage to the vehicle or denial of any OEM warranty provisions. To date, we have zero issues or denials with regard to an OEM warranty when our products have been installed as directed on consumer cars - ZERO!

This does not happen by chance, rather it is because of the commitment we have for the upmost level of quality, the fact that we design/engineer/manufacture our products under strict ISO 9001-2008 procedures, and also because of our engineering relationship we have with Ford Motor Company. Our products enhance the OEM product without sacrificing reliability, damaging a vehicle, or adversely affecting NVH qualities to the level that many of our competitors do.

The bottom line: One must choose their aftermarket parts wisely so that the integrity of their vehicle is not compromised. In that accord, it is prudent to align yourself with a proven leader in Ford performance parts and accessories, one that works hand-in-hand with Ford Motor Company, and one that designs, engineers, and manufacturers their products under the same ISO quality system that Ford operates under and lastly, one that has a lifetime guarantee on their products.

Must be aware that approximately 99% of aftermarket companies do not operate under the strict procedures that Steeda does therein lies the "Steeda Difference" that you can have confidence with.

Thanks TJ
Question tj does this apply to steeda's tunes also?? So if I'm running a steeda tune and have a #8 cylinder failure or the tune causes any engine problems y'all will cover it if ford does not??
Old 1/14/12, 02:39 PM
Mach 1 Member

Originally Posted by Bmeline916
Question tj does this apply to steeda's tunes also?? So if I'm running a steeda tune and have a #8 cylinder failure or the tune causes any engine problems y'all will cover it if ford does not??
THIS! I would like to know this as well!
Old 1/14/12, 04:38 PM
GT Member

If TJ answers that with the answer I am looking for I will be ordering a Steeda cai and tune directly after lol. I have been wanting a CAI and tune but didnt want to take the chance of hurting the motor since tuners dont FULLY know the cars yet. No matter what tune I get I am going with the Steeda CAI since it seems to be the most well built, but I want a company that stands by there tune also.
Old 1/14/12, 05:02 PM
Legacy TMS Member

Received 777 Likes on 567 Posts
Originally Posted by RobDis
THIS! I would like to know this as well!
x3! most will not
Old 1/14/12, 05:18 PM
Bullitt Member

Putting them on the spot...lol!
Old 1/14/12, 06:18 PM
Mach 1 Member

Originally Posted by Glenn
x3! most will not
As good as Steeda is I doubt they would make that kind of guarantee.
Old 1/14/12, 06:55 PM
GT Member

Don't waste your money on a no tune required CAI. Your OEM intake is a true cold air intake unlike the aftermarket intakes that can suck in hot air from the engine.

I was talking to a tuner about intakes and tunes last weekend. He said the they see good gains with both on the dyno but on the track its a different story. I assume that is because on the dyno you are getting colder air because the hood is open letting in the cool air. At the track it's sucking in the hot engine air.
Old 1/14/12, 07:57 PM
Bullitt Member

Originally Posted by RobDis

As good as Steeda is I doubt they would make that kind of guarantee.
Well this is a question many want to know and from TJ's last post it sounds like he was saying that steeda stands by there products and a tune form steeda falls in that category! No punn intended just want a straight answer if they can make that guarantee it will boost there persona publicly 100 fold! I think everyone would agree!
Old 1/14/12, 07:59 PM
GT Member

Well this is a question many want to know and from TJ's last post it sounds like he was saying that steeda stands by there products and a tune form steeda falls in that category! No punn intended just want a straight answer if they can make that guarantee it will boost there persona publicly 100 fold! I think everyone would agree!
Like I said, if I get that guarantee they have my business like 5 mins later lol
Old 1/14/12, 08:02 PM
Bullitt Member

Originally Posted by Bigblue11

Putting them on the spot...lol!
After his last post why not that's what it sounds like he is saying just asking for a more direct answer that can only boost there business! Wouldn't u agree?