GT Performance Mods 2005+ Mustang GT Performance and Technical Information

JBA LT Knock Off Update.....JBA experts chime in

Search this Thread

Old 2/16/07, 08:21 PM
Team Mustang Source

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
JBA LT Knock Off Update.....JBA experts chime in

For those of you who didn't see my earlier post about my ebay ordeal, here is the short version. I ordered JBA LT headers on ebay. Then after winning the bid, the seller emailed me telling me the headers were not actually JBA's but were copies from a company called XS-Power. I immediately emailed him back demanding the order be stopped and that my paypal acct be refunded. No response from him.

Today the headers arrived and I took some pics. I need the advice of those of you with JBA's. The ones I got look like JBA's, they have the JBA badging, and after calling JBA and describing them, JBA techs said they sounded legit. I'm emailing these pics to JBA at their request also. Anyway, here are some of the pics I took. If they are JBA's I'm a little disappointed in the finish. Maybe I was expecting too much out of stainless headers. If you all think they are knock off's please tell me. I value your opinions. Thanks guys.
Attached Thumbnails JBA LT Knock Off Update.....JBA experts chime in-jbas-001.jpg   JBA LT Knock Off Update.....JBA experts chime in-jbas-002.jpg   JBA LT Knock Off Update.....JBA experts chime in-jbas-003.jpg   JBA LT Knock Off Update.....JBA experts chime in-jbas-005.jpg   JBA LT Knock Off Update.....JBA experts chime in-jbas-006.jpg  

Old 2/16/07, 08:22 PM
Team Mustang Source

more

note the small pieces of slag in the hole on pic #3. Also note the roughness of the slits on the last pic in this group.
Attached Thumbnails JBA LT Knock Off Update.....JBA experts chime in-jbas-009.jpg   JBA LT Knock Off Update.....JBA experts chime in-jbas-017.jpg   JBA LT Knock Off Update.....JBA experts chime in-jbas-021.jpg   JBA LT Knock Off Update.....JBA experts chime in-jbas-019.jpg   JBA LT Knock Off Update.....JBA experts chime in-jbas-020.jpg  

Old 2/16/07, 08:24 PM
Team Mustang Source

few more. The first pic in this group is the inside of the collector. JBA said this is the main pic they wanted. They said they would be able to tell if they were the real deal by the collector pic. I have to wait til Monday before they will see these.
Attached Thumbnails JBA LT Knock Off Update.....JBA experts chime in-jbas-024.jpg   JBA LT Knock Off Update.....JBA experts chime in-jbas-028.jpg   JBA LT Knock Off Update.....JBA experts chime in-jbas-033.jpg   JBA LT Knock Off Update.....JBA experts chime in-jbas-034.jpg   JBA LT Knock Off Update.....JBA experts chime in-jbas-026.jpg  

Old 2/16/07, 08:27 PM
Cobra Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I'm no JBA expert but I sure would like a pair of those.... are you doing the instal yourself?
Old 2/16/07, 08:42 PM
Cobra Member

I would not put those on. I have the JBA L/T's and the quality looked alot better than that. Now that you have have that Whipple, don't take chances with those.

Do they looked used at all? I see the cracks in the metal where the bolts go in. You might not be able to get a tight seal.
Old 2/16/07, 08:45 PM
Team Mustang Source

Originally Posted by Torrence
I would not put those on. I have the JBA L/T's and the quality looked alot better than that. Now that you have have that Whipple, don't take chances with those.

Do they looked used at all? I see the cracks in the metal where the bolts go in. You might not be able to get a tight seal.

Those aren't cracks. Jba techs specifically asked if they bolt holes had slits cut in them and when I said tthey did, Jba told me they were suppose to be there. They don't appear to be used.
Old 2/16/07, 08:47 PM
Cobra Member

So I guess there is no way to get your money back?
If you don't mind me asking, how much did you pay for those L/T's?
Old 2/16/07, 08:49 PM
Legacy TMS Member

Received 29 Likes on 22 Posts
I don't have any advice for you....... just want to wish you good luck. I guess if you think about it, if JBA says they look legit than you got one heck of a deal....... keep us posted.
Old 2/16/07, 08:50 PM
Former Vendor

I can't say the quality of them neccessarily looks bad. They look kind of like what I have seen ordering actual JBA headers in. I wish the collector picture was a little clearer. That's hard to tell. That's a **** good rip off, if it is one.

CR
Old 2/16/07, 09:00 PM
Cobra Member

I'm not possitive but I believe these were selling for 299 I remember thinking how good of a deal that was for JBA longtubes
Old 2/16/07, 09:02 PM
Team Mustang Source

I paid $355, shipped was $398. JBA has been extremely helpful and said they are willing to help me out if I can help them by providing some evidence i.e. the headers so they can stop the guy. They said they have had problems with an imitator that turned out to be one of their former distributers. I'll know a lot more Monday. In the meantime please keep the opinions coming. I hope they end up being legit. I'll have them coated with the money I saved!!!!!!!!

CR, Your opinion means a lot since u sell these things every day. I appreciate the post.
Old 2/16/07, 09:23 PM
Former Vendor

Rob,

No problem. I don't see any issues with them. They use a nice gauge of metal it looks like, and the welds aren't too sloppy. The welds normally look like that. It looks like a JBA header, and the tag and part number casting is IDENTICAL. If you're getting them Jet Hot coated, give me a shout and I'll save you some serious bills there. For the price, I think it's a manufacturer of their's getting sweet revenge! Which means they're of the same quality.

What I will tell you... the XSPower thing is bull****. XS Power is a guy out of Carolina that I personally know who have a sole distributor in Europe.

I'm going to look into this for you, and let us know what JBA tells you Monday! Good luck man... sorry bad things always end up happening to good people! It sucks!

CR
Tillman Speed
Old 2/17/07, 04:59 AM
Shelby GT350 Member

They don't appear to be of the greatest quality, but for the price, it looks like a good deal. Glad to know the slits in the holes are suppossed to be there.
Old 2/17/07, 03:18 PM
Legacy TMS Member

Received 24 Likes on 16 Posts
posting because I want to find out the outcome!
Old 2/17/07, 03:53 PM
Team Mustang Source

Originally Posted by Stoenr
posting because I want to find out the outcome!
I'll let you all know by Monday. JBA got these same pics. I can't wait to hear what they say.
Old 2/19/07, 01:58 PM
Team Mustang Source

Spoke w/ JBA today. After looking at my pics they suspect the headers are fakes. I'm sending these headers to JBA today. They are working with me as I am with them to stop this from happening in the future. I'll post more when I can.
Old 2/19/07, 02:38 PM
Legacy TMS Member

Received 24 Likes on 16 Posts
Nice. Maybe a good deal on the real JBA's is in the works
Old 2/19/07, 03:15 PM
Legacy TMS Member

Received 29 Likes on 22 Posts
No doubt, hopefully JBA will hook you up Rob.
Old 2/20/07, 12:48 PM
Cobra R Member

Robb mean while what is going to happen to the headers? They could destroy them if they are fakes with their name on them.
Are you going to be the looser here? I feel for you. I learned my lesson way back there was a lot of deception with E bay sellers and if you think E bay is going to help you get your money forget it. The E bay guarantee, buyer protection is a joke
Old 2/20/07, 02:57 PM
Team Mustang Source

I'd love to share the whole story with all of you, but JBA is meeting with their lawyers Thur. This deal is actually gonna be huge. I'll leave you with this........JBA is now on my list of top companies to do business with!!!!!! I promise I'll let all my TMS buddies in on the deal as soon as JBA tells me I can talk about it. Thanks for understanding.

Quick Reply: JBA LT Knock Off Update.....JBA experts chime in