Notices
5.0L GT Modifications Placeholder for future motor based GT's modifications.

FromZto5's SC Installation Chronicle: Magnuson MP2300 TVS Supercharger on 2012 5oh

Search this Thread

Old 9/23/13, 08:13 AM
Bullitt Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Congrates. Am I the only one that cant view the pics? I am at work so that might be the problem but none of the pics are showing for me.

Matthew
Old 9/23/13, 08:28 AM
Shelby GT500 Member

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
i thought there where two breeds of mustang enthusiast ... one who would baby their stang... one who would beat it up for every inch of pony... now seeing you take the plunge on SC made me wonder if there is interbreed. i'll be following you soooooon (April 2014 tax credits)..........now time for ( lurking, waiting, crying... n saving all the pennies....
Old 9/23/13, 10:09 AM
I Have No Life

Received 172 Likes on 145 Posts
Originally Posted by MJJ
This is a horrible picture but it is the only I had showing the gauges. The three on top are autometer elite gauges in an SOS pod.

The bottom one is an Aeroforce interceptor. It can read multiple parameters and scroll them or you can select two that are always on.

You could select boost and A/F ratio. And yes it is fit in a Roush vent pod gauge holder. You can also select different colors of background and numbers like Blue.

Sean, how do you like the Aeroforce gauge? I'm debating if it's worth the extra 150 bucks to get it for ease of installation. Are boost pressure numbers accurate? Does the 2011-14 mustangs' OBD II support the data readout for such?

Originally Posted by Matt's 95 Stang
Congrates. Am I the only one that cant view the pics? I am at work so that might be the problem but none of the pics are showing for me.

Matthew
Thanks Matthew... yes, for me too, the pics don't show up at work. It blocks the data sharing sites. It should at home tho

Originally Posted by CiniZter
i thought there where two breeds of mustang enthusiast ... one who would baby their stang... one who would beat it up for every inch of pony... now seeing you take the plunge on SC made me wonder if there is interbreed. i'll be following you soooooon (April 2014 tax credits)..........now time for ( lurking, waiting, crying... n saving all the pennies....
I just talked to Magnuson (great customer service) again this morning, to ask them more questions about the install. They could tell I was excited.... their words were "bat out of hell", if I remember correctly.

Shiaz, beware the hunger...
Old 9/23/13, 06:58 PM
Bullitt Member

( lurking, waiting, crying... n saving all the pennies....

Ditto. I have been curious about the Magnusun kit for a while. It seems very low on power compared to the other positive displacement blowers. I wonder if a pulley change and a re-tune is all it takes to get it in the 600's like everyone else.
Old 9/23/13, 07:10 PM
I Have No Life

Originally Posted by Ibnzmonkey
Ditto. I have been curious about the Magnusun kit for a while. It seems very low on power compared to the other positive displacement blowers. I wonder if a pulley change and a re-tune is all it takes to get it in the 600's like everyone else.
From what I've seen ... Folks are putting down 520 whp... That equates to about 600 or more crank hp, more than enough for me. I also talked to magnuson directly, and yes, a simple pulley change and retune is all you need to up the power. I plan on running the box Maggie tune for now. 600 is plenty.
Old 9/23/13, 07:20 PM
Roush Forum Stalker

Received 1,682 Likes on 1,201 Posts
Originally Posted by Matt's 95 Stang
Congrates. Am I the only one that cant view the pics?
Your workplace must have a block on photos. Pics are posting fine.

HA HA!! Awesome.

Great thread Burton!
Old 9/23/13, 07:30 PM
Bullitt Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
[QUOTE=FromZto5;6691883]From what I've seen ... Folks are putting down 520 whp... That equates to about 600 or more crank hp, more than enough for me. [QUOTE]

You never have enough!!!! LOL
Old 9/23/13, 09:48 PM
Mach 1 Member

Sweet! Excited for ya Bro!
Old 9/24/13, 07:08 AM
Former Vendor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Looks good
Old 9/24/13, 02:04 PM
I Have No Life

Originally Posted by max5ive0
Sweet! Excited for ya Bro!
Originally Posted by Jay@Hypermotive
Looks good
Thanks so much guys... I couldn't agree with you more.
Old 9/24/13, 02:19 PM
Mach 1 Member

Received 21 Likes on 19 Posts
...you do know how much this is going to cost you, right? Not the blower kit stupid...in TIRES! Seriously, I hope it all goes together without a hitch and exceeds your expectations.

John
Old 9/24/13, 02:21 PM
I Have No Life

Update today as of 3pm 9/24...Last night, after deep research and inner reflection (lol), I purchased an autometer cobalt gauge... Only to cancel that order this morning when I woke up, since I wasn't feeling it. Instead, I purchased a Defi Boost Gauge instead, part # DF06501. I did more research today and found that the accuracy of Defi gauges are among the top tier. Thus I decided to go that route instead. Here's a pic of it installed in someone else's vehicle. Mine will obviously be installed in a roush vent gauge pod. Second update, the magnuson kit was shipped yesterday!!! I am obtaining a tracking # today. It should arrive Friday for an install Friday and Saturday.

Last edited by FromZto5; 9/24/13 at 03:25 PM.
Old 9/24/13, 06:01 PM
Roush Forum Stalker

Originally Posted by FromZto5
Second update, the magnuson kit was shipped yesterday!!! I am obtaining a tracking # today. It should arrive Friday for an install Friday and Saturday.
Nice boost gauge bud!
I hope you get the supercharger on Friday for a 2 day install!
Old 9/25/13, 01:56 PM
GT Member

Hey bud. Thought I would chime in here for ya. I recently installed the Maggie kit about a month ago. Power is awesome. Couple of people hit near 600 wheel with a smaller pulley and cold air intake and tune. Which is what I have. No one around me is available to do a dyno tune so I'm running a BBR mail order tune. We are having issues with it going into limp mode a lot as well as some driveability issues. I can't get smooth acceleration at 50-75% throttle. We are working on it as I type this with logging and tune files going back and forth.

As far as the install. Super easy. Probably the easiest kit out there considering there is no hard wiring or cutting. You will be very happy. A lot of people complained about the out of the box tune but you will have to see how you like it. Ill make sure to follow this with you and if you have any questions feel free to pm me. Also. You should invest in either a steeda or boss strut bar. You will thank me later.
Old 9/25/13, 03:00 PM
I Have No Life

Originally Posted by 2k7gtcs
Those instructions seek a little light

When I installed mine it called for me to remove the fuse for the fuel pump in the fuse box under the hood and then try to fire the car depressurizing the fuel lines. Then once you loosen the fuel line fittings you will only have a free drips of fuel come out. Them you can simply wrap the ends in a rag or something. Something to keep debris out of the line and to gather any more drips.

On a side note with the fuel pump dead it will not fire because there won't be fuel so no worries there. It will just crank.
Steve... I'm still debating doing this. Which fuse is the fuel pump? From some other folks here, they cautioned me that the car might still turn over due to remaining fuel in rails, etc.... also they said that with the car sitting for almost a week now, should barely be any fuel in lines. Truth to that?

Originally Posted by Horspla
...you do know how much this is going to cost you, right? Not the blower kit stupid...in TIRES! Seriously, I hope it all goes together without a hitch and exceeds your expectations.

John
Oh I know it... I need wider ones for sure... Thanks for kind words tho.

Originally Posted by Stormtrooper
Hey bud. Thought I would chime in here for ya. I recently installed the Maggie kit about a month ago. Power is awesome. Couple of people hit near 600 wheel with a smaller pulley and cold air intake and tune. Which is what I have. No one around me is available to do a dyno tune so I'm running a BBR mail order tune. We are having issues with it going into limp mode a lot as well as some driveability issues. I can't get smooth acceleration at 50-75% throttle. We are working on it as I type this with logging and tune files going back and forth.

As far as the install. Super easy. Probably the easiest kit out there considering there is no hard wiring or cutting. You will be very happy. A lot of people complained about the out of the box tune but you will have to see how you like it. Ill make sure to follow this with you and if you have any questions feel free to pm me. Also. You should invest in either a steeda or boss strut bar. You will thank me later.
Hey Storm! Thanks so much for this input... this is exactly what I want to hear. Sorry to hear of your issues with the current tune. But that's because you went with a smaller pulley and new tune right? I am hoping the box Maggie tune will be sufficient... for now... until I go with a smaller pulley and probably dyno tune at that point. Did you dyno tune? I suspect the issue is with the tune and not with the Maggie kit itself.

So did you do the install yourself? I am concerned about the fuel line removal. I was going to do it now, but will wait until the kit comes in (Friday) due to the need of the fuel barb removal tool. What the heck is that? or the barb for that matter? My inexperience is showing here. The rest of the steps I think are not bad....

http://www.magnacharger.com/images/m...structions.pdf

But overall, are you happy with your Maggie??? how was it out of the box with the maggie tune?
Old 9/25/13, 03:08 PM
I Have No Life

Short Update as of 9/25 4 pm

I received the tracking #'s for all my stuff, sans the Roush gauge vent pod I ordered from GT50GO here on forum...

Maggie Kit - arriving Friday
Defi Gauge - arriving Friday
Maggie SCT Tuner with Maggie tune - arriving Monday (shipped separate)
Roush gauge vent pod - TBD, when GT50GO ships it today will get tracking #

Getting even harder to sleep at night...... Marilyn looks abused sitting in garage all torn apart ;'(
Old 9/25/13, 04:37 PM
Bullitt Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I received the tracking #'s for all my stuff, sans the Roush gauge vent pod I ordered from GT50GO here on forum...

Getting even harder to sleep at night...... Marilyn looks abused sitting in garage all torn apart ;'(
I PM'ed you, it looks like the gauge pod will also be there on Friday!
Old 9/25/13, 04:39 PM
GT Member

Yea my current issue is because I wanted more power. I didn't even start with the base Maggie tune. I installed my kit already with a 3.6 pulley. And I have no cats and put on a cold air intake for it. I never even had the opportunity to try the out of the box setup haha. I just know what I've read on svtp and here about that map being just okay and very safe obviously.
So yea definitely not a magnuson issue. It's my current tune but we are working on it. I'm trying to get a local dyno tune but everyone is weeks out unfortunately.

We used needle nose pliers for the fuel line disconnect. Put a rag or two underneath where you separate the line. You lose like a measuring cup of fuel. Not a big deal at all.

Overall I love the magnuson. I'm sure ill love it 10x more once I'm fully dialed in. It's definitely one of the easiest kits out there and I like being different. And as far as it not making as much torque as other kits. Good. I like being able to hook with my 295-35-19 tires. Only so much torque is useable haha I'm a street driven car with 2-3 times a year at the strip.
Old 9/25/13, 04:44 PM
Roush Forum Stalker

(
Awesome man! I would have sleepless night s as well.
Old 9/26/13, 07:35 PM
I Have No Life

Update as of 9/26/2013 - 8:00 pm I had a few of my buddies come over tonight to help with further teardown. Still no Magnuson kit yet (tomorrow), but I figured there was still further stuff we could do. We removed: EVAP hose EVAP solenoid Brake booster line Fuel line Heating channel foam Fuel Rail/injectors The only "oh crap" moment was we busted the brake booster clamp... not knowing that the clamp was 1 piece, with 2 clips So we destroyed 1 clamp. I'll have to buy better clamps. Oh well. Overall, tonight only took slightly over an hour. 10 minutes of that was that stupid clamp... Everything really was not that bad. I was seriously surprised. It was borderline easy. My buddy with the fuel line removal tool made the process super easy. I was making a big deal out of nothing. We're gonna wait to pull the intake manifold off, until I have the supercharger manifold ready to go. I also still need to get my 50/50 coolant mix, silicone lubricant, and brake cleaner. We anticipate hitting it hard Saturday morning, early... and being DONE BY LUNCH TIME! Sad part is, I CAN'T START THE CAR until my loaded SCT tuner arrives on Monday They shipped it separate for me so I could get the kit sooner, to install this weekend. So Sunday will be a very LONG day Anyways, here's some pics of Marilyn going down further under the knife (notice that I labeled EVERYTHING to be sure I know which is which):

Pictured below, the heating channels, fuel line, evap and brake booster line, and evap solenoid. The fuel line barb plugged up... The stock manifold with the injector holes plugged to avoid anything falling in there... Fuel Rail with stock injectors

Last edited by FromZto5; 9/26/13 at 08:21 PM.

Quick Reply: FromZto5's SC Installation Chronicle: Magnuson MP2300 TVS Supercharger on 2012 5oh