5.0L GT Modifications Placeholder for future motor based GT's modifications.

Error code after CAI/BOSS Mani install.

Search this Thread

Old 8/22/11, 08:04 AM
V6 Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Try tuning. Again with same file but change "user options". I think that's what it says. But you probably have speed limiter on there from steeda, I don't think they expect autobahn driving. If all else fails I'm sure you could call em up and they might just send a tune without speed limiter.
Old 8/22/11, 10:18 AM
V6 Member

Originally Posted by klisetron
Try tuning. Again with same file but change "user options". I think that's what it says. But you probably have speed limiter on there from steeda, I don't think they expect autobahn driving. If all else fails I'm sure you could call em up and they might just send a tune without speed limiter.
Yeah that's what I figured. I'll try to mess with the tune tonight. Not sure when I'll try to test the speed though. Maybe tomorrow.
Old 8/27/11, 09:09 AM
Team Mustang Source

Originally Posted by LuisV
just got back from another drive, this time on the autobahn. i must say i am truly impressed with the mods overall. there does seem to be a bit of an issue still though and i'm thinking maybe it's the tune? when she was stock i got her up to 241KPH (150MPH). now i cannot go past 180KPH (112MPH).

Has anyone else with the BOSS Mani and Steeda Tune experienced this problem, of now having a lower speed cap? i can only assume it would be the tune file that's making this occur, anyone have any ideas?
I'm considering getting one of these and was wondering did you get the 112 mph limit problem solved?
Old 8/28/11, 06:17 AM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
I don't see why Steeda would put a speed limiter on a CAI tune, especially on a performace mod for a performance car, and 40mph lower than the stock limiter. There are quite a few track in the states where you hit 150 flat out, so I dunno. It doesn't seem likely.
Old 8/28/11, 09:06 AM
Bullitt Member

All you have to do is turn the speed limit off...
Old 8/29/11, 08:24 AM
Mach 1 Member

112 mph speed limiter makes no sense. My car did that in the 1/4 stock. I can't imagine why they would put that on a cai/boss intake tune.

Are you sure you didnt just need to shift? lol
Old 8/29/11, 11:31 PM
V6 Member

i went in and set the tune to default settings. i looked in the settings and it said the speed limiter was off but as of right now i have not been able to take it out for a drive to test it. i'm sure it's working the way it should now but i'll try to find out for sure by the end of the week.
Old 9/19/11, 02:15 PM
V6 Member

In case anyone was still interested in the outcome, setting the tune back to default did resolved the issue. I got her up to about 140MPH this weekend. Would have gone faster but I couldn't find a road that didn't curve every so often. Plus traffic didn't permit anything beyond that either. my buddy with just the Steeda CAI and tune got his up to 170MPH before he realized that he liked being alive lol. He could have gone faster. Oh yeah he got it up that high cause an Aston Martin was trying to test him, needless to say the A.M. got SMOKED!!
Old 9/21/11, 05:16 AM
V6 Member

Cool! That's good to hear.
Old 9/24/11, 10:54 AM
Shelby GT500 Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
So what was causing the error code?
Old 9/24/11, 03:43 PM
V6 Member

It was the temp sensor. Must have gotten a bit damaged when I took off then stock mani. It still works though, it just wasn't connected properly after the install.
Old 10/11/11, 06:00 AM

The sensor your talking about,,, Is it the one that relocates it to the rear with the Boss 302 install kit or did you use the 10.00 kit with the hose an rubber clamps. I'm having the same EXACT problem to the "T" any amplifying advice would be great. Thanks

Sorry for this being my first post but I have a 30 grand paper weight that wont move....
Old 10/15/11, 01:41 PM

Problem Solved

I had to take it to Ford. They replaced the CHT sensor and cable. Apparently the CHT wire is really sensitive. I believe I broke/damaged the line when I removed the two tabs on the back of the stock intake that held the wiring harness.
Old 10/15/11, 05:00 PM
V6 Member

Good to hear that ford was helpful with your issue. I think I might need to have mine replace eventually although they are working for the time being. I will be returning to the continental U.S in January so after that I will probably be looking for a ford dealer that can replace my wires. Until then I will have to enjoy the last few months I have left being able to drive on the German autobahns
Old 10/20/11, 01:54 PM
Bullitt Member

Good to hear that ford was helpful with your issue. I think I might need to have mine replace eventually although they are working for the time being. I will be returning to the continental U.S in January so after that I will probably be looking for a ford dealer that can replace my wires. Until then I will have to enjoy the last few months I have left being able to drive on the German autobahns
What kit did you go with cheap kit or fancy ford racing kit??
Old 4/7/13, 07:55 PM

okay so i fixed it. it seems that one of my sensor connectors WAS in fact damaged a little. it was connected but i guess a little loose. it doesn't make a "click" sound when i push it in all the way and also when it is in i can freely pull it out without touching the release clip on it. nothing a little electrical tape can't hold in place. anywho, i take back what i said before about not being impressed with these mods. i just got done a short "spirited" drive and OMFG my car is a whole new animal now. i dont know who was saying that there could be a little torque loss, but i only have 3.31 gears and i am feeling nothing but more power. i am about to go get ready and take her on the autobahn so i can REALLY open her up and see what she can do !!!

I hate to resurrect an old thread but, my temp gauge is doing something similar after my Boss intake install. Which sensor wire was giving you the issue? Thanks is advance.