Notices
5.0L GT Modifications Placeholder for future motor based GT's modifications.

JUST INSTSLLED AXLE BACKS

Search this Thread

Old 4/6/13, 05:57 AM
Bullitt Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
JUST INSTSLLED AXLE BACKS

Received my outlaw axlebacks lastnight....just like a kid with a handful of tools I jacked up the stang and crawled under an got to work.
So impressed with the sound she makes now, talk about sounding like a modern muscle car.
Only thing is my neighbors are gonna hate me at 5:45 when when shes awakes......
I could not imagine what it would sound like with the resonators delete and cat delete.
Old 4/6/13, 07:20 AM
GT Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Resonator deletes make 0 difference don't waste your money! Your gonna wake your neighbors up at 5:45am... Not cool! Having a loud exhaust sounds great but there are responsibilities that come with it. I had roush exhaust with my current x pipe, after a while it was annoying. needless to say, my neighbors never complained
but then again I didn't start it up until most of them had already left for work!

Last edited by kona stang10; 4/6/13 at 07:24 AM.
Old 4/6/13, 11:17 AM
Bullitt Member

I figured as much with the res delete....
Sounds insane already I could not imagine it louder.
Good thing I didnt upgrade for the stereo on purchase cause the base setup is useless now for sure....lol.
My 92 fox had 3 inch pipes cat delete H-pipe with 40, s from flowmaster and I dont think it was even this loud.
How can it get to the point its to loud....I guess im getting old...lol.
Well if the neibours find it annoying. .....sucks to be them I guess
Old 4/6/13, 11:22 AM
Shelby GT350 Member

Your going to love rev matching, when they are fresh they sound a little like french horns which is weird but they do sound awesome.
Old 4/6/13, 11:37 AM
V6 Member

I just installed my Borla SType axlebacks and had the resonators removed. Im literally looking for excuses and errands to run right now. Can't get enough!
Old 4/6/13, 12:27 PM
Bullitt Member

Going to install my Borla S later today
Old 4/6/13, 12:42 PM
Mach 1 Member

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts
Resonators removed absolutely DOES make a difference!!!When i did my gt500 a/b i did them with the resonators in for a week.When i removed them and welded in 3 inch pipe the difference was HUGE!!!!!
Old 4/6/13, 12:51 PM
Cobra Member

Originally Posted by Ponywars
Resonators removed absolutely DOES make a difference!!!When i did my gt500 a/b i did them with the resonators in for a week.When i removed them and welded in 3 inch pipe the difference was HUGE!!!!!
This, it's a fact at this point.
Old 4/6/13, 01:30 PM
Bullitt Member

A difference you say.... removing both of the res.....
Ill have to take it into my buddys shop (rev n high) and have him check it out, while I was underneith the driver side one was half crushed????
Car has 800 kms on her...did some web searching and noticed the same issue with all of the pictures of the exhaust system for the 2013 5.0.
Anyone know why?
Reguardless there coming out now!
Old 4/6/13, 02:25 PM
Len
GT Member

Originally Posted by shayner

Well if the neibours find it annoying. .....sucks to be them I guess
Nice - maybe a neighbor will find it annoying enough to report you - then, I guess, it will suck to be you. Everyone likes a nice sounding exhaust but as the other poster stated, there are responsibilities.
Old 4/6/13, 02:30 PM
Bullitt Member

...while I was underneith the driver side one was half crushed????
Car has 800 kms on her...did some web searching and noticed the same issue with all of the pictures of the exhaust system for the 2013 5.0.
One resonator is flattened on top and the other on bottom.
Old 4/6/13, 03:11 PM
Cobra Member

A difference you say.... removing both of the res.....
Ill have to take it into my buddys shop (rev n high) and have him check it out, while I was underneith the driver side one was half crushed????
Anyone know why?
Reguardless there coming out now!
Think it was designed that way so the one with flat side facing the car would fit.
Old 4/6/13, 04:46 PM
Bullitt Member

Originally Posted by Len

Nice - maybe a neighbor will find it annoying enough to report you - then, I guess, it will suck to be you. Everyone likes a nice sounding exhaust but as the other poster stated, there are responsibilities.
Report me for what......im not that sheepish.
Its concerning but at the end of the day im buying a product across the counter thats legal to have on my vehicle.... id be no different if I owned a harley...
Think abouy it
Old 4/6/13, 04:49 PM
Bullitt Member

Originally Posted by steven46746

Think it was designed that way so the one with flat side facing the car would fit.
Thats the thing.... its facing the ground.
There is a video on you tube with a 13 boss in a rotisserie showing the underside, its visual there as well.
Old 4/6/13, 05:19 PM
Len
GT Member

Report me for what......im not that sheepish.
Its concerning but at the end of the day im buying a product across the counter thats legal to have on my vehicle.... id be no different if I owned a harley...
Think abouy it
Lawnmowers are legal - try mowing your lawn at 5:45 in the morning and see what happens. Not looking for an argument but I live in an area where you'll get a ticket for loud pipes whether their legal or not. I had a Harley and from what you describe you're way louder than that. Often "nuisance laws" get passed because people annoy their neighbors.
Old 4/6/13, 05:31 PM
Bullitt Member

Originally Posted by Len

Lawnmowers are legal - try mowing your lawn at 5:45 in the morning and see what happens. Not looking for an argument but I live in an area where you'll get a ticket for loud pipes whether their legal or not. I had a Harley and from what you describe you're way louder than that. Often "nuisance laws" get passed because people annoy their neighbors.
Theres no appropriate come back, its a waste of time.we both have our opinions.
Just be thankful your not my neibour.....lol
The car honestly will be mostly a weekend warrior anyway, but for those times im in the mood to drive er to work you can bet $$$$ I loose sleep over it.... no pun intended...Ahahahaha
Old 4/6/13, 06:07 PM
Len
GT Member

Theres no appropriate come back, its a waste of time.we both have our opinions.
Just be thankful your not my neibour.....lol
The car honestly will be mostly a weekend warrior anyway, but for those times im in the mood to drive er to work you can bet $$$$ I loose sleep over it.... no pun intended...Ahahahaha
If you were my neighbor I might be giving you a free lawn mowing at 3:00 AM!
Since we're talking and since you just did your exhaust, how did you line up the tips? I'm going with the GT500s and know how the install goes and it usually ends with "make sure the tips are aligned" but I've never seen anyone describe how that's done. I'm sure it's simple.
Old 4/6/13, 06:24 PM
Shelby GT350 Member

Originally Posted by Len
I'm going with the GT500s and know how the install goes and it usually ends with "make sure the tips are aligned" but I've never seen anyone describe how that's done. I'm sure it's simple.
Measure from two points for each tip, one for length and the other for side to side. Just make sure it is the same on each side.
Old 4/6/13, 06:42 PM
Cobra Member

Thats the thing.... its facing the ground.
There is a video on you tube with a 13 boss in a rotisserie showing the underside, its visual there as well.
Yes it's the same part on both sides, one faces up and the other down. It's the same on all of them.
Old 4/6/13, 07:59 PM
Bullitt Member

Originally Posted by Len

If you were my neighbor I might be giving you a free lawn mowing at 3:00 AM!
Since we're talking and since you just did your exhaust, how did you line up the tips? I'm going with the GT500s and know how the install goes and it usually ends with "make sure the tips are aligned" but I've never seen anyone describe how that's done. I'm sure it's simple.
I took off the rear bracket hangers set them on the mufflers on the ground bolted everything down till there was enough play for ajustment. Stepped back and took a look and it was bang on perfect...lucky me

Quick Reply: JUST INSTSLLED AXLE BACKS