5.0L GT Modifications Placeholder for future motor based GT's modifications.

Coyote all motor

Search this Thread

Old 6/4/14, 07:31 PM
Legacy TMS Member

Received 166 Likes on 141 Posts
Originally Posted by KushBandit
I might be saying the same thing after a few times of taking them off to smog my car. I bought mine out of state, so I have to smog every 2 years regardless if my car is only a few years old. I plan on throwing a KB blower on mine after I buy my Carillo rods and Manley pistons. I'm sure I won't even care about the long tubes when I get the blower. As you said, there's no freeways here in Cali to run our cars anyways. ....there's always that chase for more power though hahaha.
Lol I'm planning on a KB as well...that'll be far down the road though. Do you know if that smog rule applies to a new car too? I ordered my car from Brian on here, who is a sales manager at a Ford dealer in Seattle. I'm going to fly up and drive down. If I have to smog it every 2 years instead of 5, I'm gonna be pissed lol. I guess I'm already used to having to pay for it every two years with my 05 Escape and my previous 03 GT, but I was really looking forward to doing it every 5....
Old 6/4/14, 08:53 PM
Bullitt Member

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by laserred38

Lol I'm planning on a KB as well...that'll be far down the road though. Do you know if that smog rule applies to a new car too? I ordered my car from Brian on here, who is a sales manager at a Ford dealer in Seattle. I'm going to fly up and drive down. If I have to smog it every 2 years instead of 5, I'm gonna be pissed lol. I guess I'm already used to having to pay for it every two years with my 05 Escape and my previous 03 GT, but I was really looking forward to doing it every 5....
I was told at the DMV that because I bought it out of state, I have to smog it every 2 years. If I had bought it at a dealer here, then I would smog every 5 years. Please don't take it for gospel, because I'm going off the clerks word and apparently they overcharged me for my tax&title, so she wasn't the brightest lol.
Old 6/4/14, 09:04 PM
Legacy TMS Member

Received 166 Likes on 141 Posts
Originally Posted by KushBandit
I was told at the DMV that because I bought it out of state, I have to smog it every 2 years. If I had bought it at a dealer here, then I would smog every 5 years. Please don't take it for gospel, because I'm going off the clerks word and apparently they overcharged me for my tax&title, so she wasn't the brightest lol.
Ugh. I'll call tomorrow. Ugh. Lol

Either way, I have a couple places that I can go where I pay cash and it will pass every time
Old 6/4/14, 10:40 PM
Bullitt Member

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by laserred38

Ugh. I'll call tomorrow. Ugh. Lol

Either way, I have a couple places that I can go where I pay cash and it will pass every time
Sometimes you gotta do what you gotta do haha
Old 6/6/14, 04:26 PM
GT Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Here is what I did and is a good start:
Lightly ported CJ Intake
FRPP CJ CAI
CJ Mono Blade throttle body
Boss Valve springs (to rev to 8k)
CJ Exhaust cams
MMR Billet Oil Pump Gears (to rev to 8k)
Kooks Copy Mid Length Headers with O/R X
AED Tune

I am also going to eventually get a better Clutch with lighter flywheel and Aluminum DS with some E85 to boot...

I have not Dynoed yet, but this combo as built should be good for 430+ to rear wheels.
Old 11/17/14, 11:02 AM
V6 Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by seangtcs
Ok what is everyone running I want 450-470ish rwhp all motor is anyone getting these numbers with full bolt ons and minor engine work? Any and all advice is welcomed thanks guys

my auto was dyno tuned by RevAuto and it made 475rwhp and 404rwtq with FTW gas. on E85 the same day it did 453rwhp.. this is still with stock cams and stock oil pump gear.. I have a CJ intake and mono TB and Revauto 5in CAI. JBA long tubes and H pipe to stock pipes back. Im also running a 5C converter and 3.31 gears..

just this past weekend the car went a 10.85 and a 10.88 at Cecil County raceway.