5.0L GT Modifications Placeholder for future motor based GT's modifications.

Coyote all motor

Search this Thread

Old 6/2/14, 08:04 AM
V6 Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Coyote all motor

Ok what is everyone running I want 450-470ish rwhp all motor is anyone getting these numbers with full bolt ons and minor engine work? Any and all advice is welcomed thanks guys
Old 6/2/14, 10:51 AM
Bullitt Member

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Originally Posted by seangtcs
Ok what is everyone running I want 450-470ish rwhp all motor is anyone getting these numbers with full bolt ons and minor engine work? Any and all advice is welcomed thanks guys
That's a tall order with just bolt-ons. JPC had to touch heads and cams to get 507rwhp:
http://houstonperformancetrucks.com/...5-0-Coyote-GT!
Old 6/2/14, 12:33 PM
V6 Member

Originally Posted by mfc133
That's a tall order with just bolt-ons. JPC had to touch heads and cams to get 507rwhp: http://houstonperformancetrucks.com/...5-0-Coyote-GT!
wow thanks and I was expecting to put cams in but that's a great car would love to talk to him and get some intel
Old 6/2/14, 01:16 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I think there are a few guys over on SVT with full bolts ons, cams, and CJ intake/throttle body on stock heads with around 420-450hp.
Old 6/2/14, 01:29 PM
Cobra R Member

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
throw on some bigger injectors and E85 with those mods and i see it being possible.
Old 6/2/14, 02:59 PM
Legacy TMS Member

Received 166 Likes on 141 Posts
Goddammn CA smog laws
Old 6/2/14, 04:56 PM
V6 Member

Originally Posted by laserred38
Goddammn CA smog laws
lmao sorry bro i don't live in an emissions county I can go off-road x and still legal
Old 6/2/14, 05:22 PM
GT Member

Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts
throw some boost on that bi#%&
Old 6/2/14, 06:04 PM
Legacy TMS Member

lmao sorry bro i don't live in an emissions county I can go off-road x and still legal
I know ya bastard lol
Old 6/2/14, 06:23 PM
Bullitt Member

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts
It may be legal for your state, but catalytic converters are a Federal regulation.

Not that I give a **** haha.
Old 6/2/14, 08:21 PM
Cobra R Member

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
In Detroit people actually go around stealing them off of cars. So i just did them a favor and took them out for them.
Old 6/2/14, 08:35 PM
Bullitt Member

Originally Posted by rmurer
In Detroit people actually go around stealing them off of cars. So i just did them a favor and took them out for them.
In Detroit's defense, people go around stealing anything off of cars hahaha
Old 6/3/14, 06:15 AM
V6 Member

I know ya bastard lol
yea bro you're from Cali that's just unfortunate do y'all require three cats? I know wranglers do
Old 6/3/14, 01:16 PM
Bullitt Member

yea bro you're from Cali that's just unfortunate do y'all require three cats? I know wranglers do
The cars here in Cali must have whatever came on from the factory for emissions. All my personal vehicles have had 2 catalytic converters.

I have a friend who builds offroad trucks and he has a few trucks in the shop right now that have 3 cats(Chevy Colorado for example).

Some cars even have 4!!! Hell, we cant even have long tube headers here in Cali because they move the cats to a different location. It's disgusting living here at times.

Last edited by KushBandit; 6/3/14 at 01:17 PM.
Old 6/3/14, 01:52 PM
Legacy TMS Member

Originally Posted by KushBandit
The cars here in Cali must have whatever came on from the factory for emissions. All my personal vehicles have had 2 catalytic converters. I have a friend who builds offroad trucks and he has a few trucks in the shop right now that have 3 cats(Chevy Colorado for example). Some cars even have 4!!! Hell, we cant even have long tube headers here in Cali because they move the cats to a different location. It's disgusting living here at times.
The Fox and SN95s all had 4, but really only the back two did anything (first two were "pre-cats" but really were basically resonators). I may run an O/R X for a bit, since we'll only have to smog every 5 years anyways on newer cars. I never come across CHP on my commute, so I'm not worried about that.
Old 6/3/14, 04:10 PM
Bullitt Member

The Fox and SN95s all had 4, but really only the back two did anything (first two were "pre-cats" but really were basically resonators). I may run an O/R X for a bit, since we'll only have to smog every 5 years anyways on newer cars. I never come across CHP on my commute, so I'm not worried about that.
Good lord hahah. Talk about a restrictive exhaust.

I like your plan. I'm also going to run a O/R X pipe along with long tube headers when I get a tune. Cali smog regulations are such a pain in the *** lol.

Last edited by KushBandit; 6/3/14 at 04:11 PM.
Old 6/3/14, 04:25 PM
Banned

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
I know Cali sux, i used to own a 2011 civic Si and the only supercharger that was CARB legal was like 50hp gain lool! Its made by CT engineering. Now with my Stang the Roush phase one adds 155 hp and its carb legal! I guess the big dogs "V8's" benefit more! Maybe its true when they say "theres no replacement for displacement" lool!
Old 6/3/14, 05:28 PM
Legacy TMS Member

Originally Posted by KushBandit
Good lord hahah. Talk about a restrictive exhaust. I like your plan. I'm also going to run a O/R X pipe along with long tube headers when I get a tune. Cali smog regulations are such a pain in the *** lol.
I don't plan on LTs. Just not worth the headache to me. It's easy to swap a mid pipe every now and then, but headers are just a PITA. Not to mention having to tighten the bolts every so often to avoid exhaust leaks. I'd rather do a full exhaust and supercharger. I know I'd gain more power with the LTs, but the car stock has too much power for CA freeways so adding another 30-50 on top of a supercharger is meaningless at that point lol
Old 6/4/14, 03:12 PM
V6 Member

Hahahahah poor guys a couple if my friends run straight pipes through borlas **** those are freakin loud!
Old 6/4/14, 07:21 PM
Bullitt Member

I don't plan on LTs. Just not worth the headache to me. It's easy to swap a mid pipe every now and then, but headers are just a PITA. Not to mention having to tighten the bolts every so often to avoid exhaust leaks. I'd rather do a full exhaust and supercharger. I know I'd gain more power with the LTs, but the car stock has too much power for CA freeways so adding another 30-50 on top of a supercharger is meaningless at that point lol
I might be saying the same thing after a few times of taking them off to smog my car. I bought mine out of state, so I have to smog every 2 years regardless if my car is only a few years old.

I plan on throwing a KB blower on mine after I buy my Carillo rods and Manley pistons. I'm sure I won't even care about the long tubes when I get the blower. As you said, there's no freeways here in Cali to run our cars anyways.

....there's always that chase for more power though hahaha.

Quick Reply: Coyote all motor