Notices
5.0L GT Modifications Placeholder for future motor based GT's modifications.

Boss intake and gears

Search this Thread

Old 1/27/12, 07:38 AM
GT Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by JEdwards001
Awesome man I'm glad to hear that. I've been looking for the best deal on one and have the same goals as you. Hopefully procharger down the road.

Keep me up dated on how you like it after a few more days of running with it.
By far the cheapest place I have found, bought mine last week and it's at the house...Tousley Ford, paid $392 total with S&H...S&H will change depending on where you live...

http://www.tousleyfordparts.com/part...catalogid=5684
Old 1/27/12, 09:19 AM
GT Member

State Capitol raceway is open for test and tune this Sunday and next so I'm gonna try to get out there for one of those then put the intake on. I'm thinking my car should run high 11's to low 12's now. But we will see. I beat my friends gt500 by a couple cars when I had crapy tires and he had street radials and he ran a 12.3. I'll keep y'all posted.
I want to come out this Sunday. I just have to convince the kids to come along. I want to make some passes on real rubber....

Mike
Old 1/27/12, 01:22 PM
Mach 1 Member

Originally Posted by mbreinin
I want to come out this Sunday. I just have to convince the kids to come along. I want to make some passes on real rubber....

Mike
Do itttttttt
Old 1/27/12, 01:58 PM
GT Member

Originally Posted by blackgt87
Do itttttttt
Oh, I would love to. I have to convince my kids to drive all the way to Baton Rouge so I can make some passes down the strip. That includes convincing my daughter to ride in the back seat with my tires. LOL.

Mike
Old 1/27/12, 02:08 PM
Mach 1 Member

One word. Bribe.
Old 1/27/12, 02:12 PM
GT Member

Originally Posted by blackgt87
One word. Bribe.
LOL, I have become quite adept at that over the last few years.

Mike
Old 1/27/12, 02:33 PM
GT Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Oh, I would love to. I have to convince my kids to drive all the way to Baton Rouge so I can make some passes down the strip. That includes convincing my daughter to ride in the back seat with my tires. LOL.

Mike
Buckle them both up and roll!!! Lol!! I can't go until next Sunday. So of you wanna wait I'll meet you down there. I'm gonna do pre intake then and post intake the next Sunday.
Old 1/27/12, 02:53 PM
GT Member

Buckle them both up and roll!!! Lol!! I can't go until next Sunday. So of you wanna wait I'll meet you down there. I'm gonna do pre intake then and post intake the next Sunday.
I will see. The chances are better that I will wind up out at Gulfport on Wednesday night. This weekend is going to be nice though...nice weather.

Mike
Old 1/27/12, 06:01 PM
GT Member

I will see. The chances are better that I will wind up out at Gulfport on Wednesday night. This weekend is going to be nice though...nice weather.

Mike
Yeah true this is gonna be a nice weekend for sure I wish I didn't already have plans.
Old 2/15/12, 10:36 PM
GT Member

Well I finally got my boss intake installed. First opinion of it was horrible!!! But that was only because I broke a wire and it was running in fail safe mode. Let me just say if was four banger slow!!! Lol!!! Now that I got that working and everything is running better. It is running like a beast. I feel no power loss and the top end is much better!!! 3.31 or not so far I love it.

The true test is when I run my friends Vette again. Then we will know if it made a big enough difference.
Old 2/16/12, 12:03 AM
Bullitt Member

Well I finally got my boss intake installed. First opinion of it was horrible!!! But that was only because I broke a wire and it was running in fail safe mode. Let me just say if was four banger slow!!! Lol!!! Now that I got that working and everything is running better. It is running like a beast. I feel no power loss and the top end is much better!!! 3.31 or not so far I love it.

The true test is when I run my friends Vette again. Then we will know if it made a big enough difference.
Haha I busted up a c6 the other day! He wasn't very happy.lol
Old 2/16/12, 07:04 AM
Mach 1 Member

Did you end up running your car at the track before the intake?
Old 2/16/12, 02:30 PM
GT Member

I didn't make a before and after track trip because of weather and other stipulations and to be honest I got a little impatient. I'm not gonna be tracking it much so if it beats my cousins Vette the way we run then I'm gonna be happy.

I know one difference I like is my 3 to 4 shift went from 95 mph to 110 mph.
Old 2/16/12, 03:11 PM
Mach 1 Member

I didn't make a before and after track trip because of weather and other stipulations and to be honest I got a little impatient. I'm not gonna be tracking it much so if it beats my cousins Vette the way we run then I'm gonna be happy.

I know one difference I like is my 3 to 4 shift went from 95 mph to 110 mph.
I'm impatient too I know what you mean lol.

Honestly roll racing another car is even better because it takes a lot of the variables out. Even if it's way different weather from the first time you guys raced it will affect both your cars. Whereas you could pick up power and run slower at the track on a different day, or have traction issues etc. more likely your car will need to be launched at a way higher rpm to 60' good.

How did you do against the vette before the intake?
Old 2/16/12, 04:47 PM
GT Member

The first time we were dead even til I shifted into 4th, but that was me spinning a lot of second due to crapy tires. Now with new tires and higher shift points I should far better. A race form a dig I should win no problem bc my low to mid range is better and I should pull him a little in a roll.

At least I hope that's what happens if not 3.73's will be next upgrade.
Old 2/16/12, 08:36 PM
Mach 1 Member

Can't wait to hear how you do!