5.0L GT Modifications Placeholder for future motor based GT's modifications.

Best forced induction for under 8k

Search this Thread

Old 9/15/13, 04:31 PM
Bullitt Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by FromZto5
Thank you for this thread. I am looking into a roush 675 kit. Is it the most reliable? And where to get it from? Also thinking about vmp tune versus stock roush tune... Thoughts?
I've had the Roush Stage II (625 kit) on for about a month running the Roush calibration, but as of today I put the Brenspeed 710r tune with KB BAP on and it's much stronger now. With the Roush tune it dyno'ed at 529 rwhp, with the new tune I think I'm right around 600 but will have to dyno to verify. I love the SC, you really can't go wrong with the Roush. I will say that if you do a lot of stop and go / rush hour traffic invest in the VMP heat exchanger (mines coming in this week) or the AFCO heat exchanger. You can't go wrong with either VMP or Brenspeed for tunes.

Originally Posted by AlsCobra
But if you get the Roush tune and work done with an authorized Roush dealer, you get to keep that factory warranty.
You can get a 3yr 36K drivetrain warranty from Roush when you purchase the Stage I and have it installed by a S.A.E. or Roush certified mechanic and use the Roush tune there is a charge of $375 to Roush. However this drivetrain warranty mileage is from the day the vehicle is driving off the dealer lot not the day of you install the kit.
With the stage II and III kits you can get a 3 year parts warranty on the Roush parts if you have it installed with the requirements mentioned above but they don't offer the drivetrain warranty.

Last edited by GT50GO; 9/15/13 at 07:31 PM.
Old 9/15/13, 04:58 PM
A Man Just Needs Some....

Received 34 Likes on 30 Posts
Originally Posted by GT50GO

I've had the Roush Stage II (675 kit) on for about a month running the Roush calibration, but as of today I put the Brenspeed 710r tune with KB BAP on and it's much stronger now. With the Roush tune it dyno'ed at 529 rwhp, with the new tune I think I'm right around 600 but will have to dyno to verify. I love the SC, you really can't go wrong with the Roush. I will say that if you do a lot of stop and go / rush hour traffic invest in the VMP heat exchanger (mines coming in this week) or the AFCO heat exchanger. You can't go wrong with either VMP or Brenspeed for tunes.

You can get a 3yr 36K drivetrain warranty from Roush when you purchase the Stage I and have it installed by a S.A.E. or Roush certified mechanic and use the Roush tune there is a charge of $375 to Roush. However this drivetrain warranty mileage is from the day the vehicle is driving off the dealer lot not the day of you install the kit.
With the stage II and III kits you can get a 3 year parts warranty on the Roush parts if you have it installed with the requirements mentioned above but they don't offer the drivetrain warranty.
But is the factory warranty still in place if the II or III is installed? Or is the factory warranty voided?
Old 9/15/13, 06:19 PM
Bullitt Member

But is the factory warranty still in place if the II or III is installed? Or is the factory warranty voided?
Pretty much voided.....

I saw that Edelbrock SC have several different long drivetrain warranty options if you're willing to pay for them. But you would have to stay with there tune and follow all there rules to be eligible.
I believe (I did not do to much research on this) that I saw Whipple just started doing long term drivetrain warranties for a price.

Last edited by GT50GO; 9/15/13 at 06:33 PM.
Old 9/15/13, 07:05 PM
I Have No Life

Received 172 Likes on 145 Posts

Pretty much voided.....

I saw that Edelbrock SC have several different long drivetrain warranty options if you're willing to pay for them. But you would have to stay with there tune and follow all there rules to be eligible.
I believe (I did not do to much research on this) that I saw Whipple just started doing long term drivetrain warranties for a price.
That is correct. 3 yrs 36 from factory. Being that mine will be almost 3 yrs old when I get the roush kit next year, warranty is useless. But I do get the roush parts warranty.
Old 9/15/13, 07:06 PM
I Have No Life

Received 172 Likes on 145 Posts

I've had the Roush Stage II (675 kit) on for about a month running the Roush calibration, but as of today I put the Brenspeed 710r tune with KB BAP on and it's much stronger now. With the Roush tune it dyno'ed at 529 rwhp, with the new tune I think I'm right around 600 but will have to dyno to verify. I love the SC, you really can't go wrong with the Roush. I will say that if you do a lot of stop and go / rush hour traffic invest in the VMP heat exchanger (mines coming in this week) or the AFCO heat exchanger. You can't go wrong with either VMP or Brenspeed for tunes.

So roush tune for their 675 kit only nets you 530 whp??? That's way low!!!
Old 9/15/13, 07:32 PM
Bullitt Member

Originally Posted by FromZto5
So roush tune for their 675 kit only nets you 530 whp??? That's way low!!!
Sorry!!!!! I meant to say Stage II (625 kit). The 675 is the stage III kit and should get you somewhere around 570 RWHP.
I've correct that statement in that thread.

Last edited by GT50GO; 9/15/13 at 07:37 PM.