5.0L GT Modifications Placeholder for future motor based GT's modifications.

Bama vs Steeda.... cant decide what to buy

Search this Thread

Old 2/16/12, 07:24 AM
Shelby GT350 Member

Received 52 Likes on 47 Posts
Hytek,

We have not had any drivability issues brought to our attention when the Steeda CAI/Tune is on a consumers car.

There have been some tweaks necessary on the automatic tune due to driver preferences but we would not consider that an issue but personal preference.

All of our parts are engineered under strict ISO 9001-2008 certificated standards and are specifically designed to provide worry free operation. They carry a lifetime warranty and we have never had an instance of a Ford vehicle having it's warranty refuted due to a direct result of our parts. We have had 0 issues with our CAI/Tune causing warranty issues

Steeda backs its products 100% so you never have to worry about being left behind.

Thanks TJ

Last edited by tj@steeda; 2/16/12 at 07:31 AM.
Old 2/16/12, 07:27 AM
Shelby GT350 Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
VMP for an auto
Old 2/16/12, 07:30 AM
Shelby GT350 Member

Received 52 Likes on 47 Posts
Grabber Blue,

We have done many tunes for the Automatic Transmission. We are very knowledgeable when it comes to the Mustang because of our close relationship with Ford Motor Company. You can take the worrying out of the equation when you run with Steeda.

Thanks

TJ
Old 2/16/12, 09:36 AM
Bullitt Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
We're going to bow out of this thread. We don't get into public fights or say negative things about other vendors. It's not how we do business.

OP, give us a call or shoot me a PM if you'd like any more information about Bama tunes. We stand behind everything we sell and will gladly go above and beyond to keep you happy as a customer, which we do for every one of our customers.

Take a look around the forums and look at some of the reviews of our customer service. Not just when things go perfect, but how we react when things don't. I think you'll be impressed. Our business was built on a pride of being the best at customer service in the Mustang aftermarket, and that's where we stand.

I'm sorry that your thread went south. Good luck with whatever product you choose!
Old 2/16/12, 09:43 AM
Mach 1 Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Aaaaaand that would be the non-douchey alternative
Old 2/16/12, 12:37 PM
Bullitt Member

Steeda and bama are the only company's I would recommend for a canned tune. If u have a reputable shop near you, after all performance modds are done I would recommend getting a custom dyno tune.
Old 2/16/12, 04:00 PM
Cobra Member

Wow, this is awkward....

Chris, I would personally like to apologize to you publicly for the way TJ's comments came off. We all have our bad days and unfortunately this is turning out to be one of them.

American Muscle has been and continues to be a valuable partner of Steeda distributing our products and is a great choice for ours and many other high quality components.

Anyone who looks at their site can see how they support us by carrying nearly every single Steeda manufactured product we offer. For every customer that ends up disappointed, there are thousands of others with nothing but great things to say about your company and that is a testament to the wonderful job you guys do with all your customers.

Chris, I am sure you know from the conversations we have personally had in the past how we really feel about each others companies, so it should be no surprise why I am here saying what I am saying now, and hope that everyone who reads this publicly gets an idea how we really deal with each other as colleagues privately, something that not many people get to see between companies.
Old 2/16/12, 04:20 PM
Bullitt Member

Well said Gus!! Tj is flagged for unsportsmanlike conduct , 15yd penalty , first down!! Lol
Old 2/16/12, 06:57 PM
Cobra Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by SteedaGus
Wow, this is awkward....

Chris, I would personally like to apologize to you publicly for the way TJ's comments came off. We all have our bad days and unfortunately this is turning out to be one of them.

American Muscle has been and continues to be a valuable partner of Steeda distributing our products and is a great choice for ours and many other high quality components.

Anyone who looks at their site can see how they support us by carrying nearly every single Steeda manufactured product we offer. For every customer that ends up disappointed, there are thousands of others with nothing but great things to say about your company and that is a testament to the wonderful job you guys do with all your customers.

Chris, I am sure you know from the conversations we have personally had in the past how we really feel about each others companies, so it should be no surprise why I am here saying what I am saying now, and hope that everyone who reads this publicly gets an idea how we really deal with each other as colleagues privately, something that not many people get to see between companies.
Thanks Gus for this statement, I deal with AM , and Steeda, this is why, both stand up companies that have great customer service.

Originally Posted by Bmeline916
Well said Gus!! Tj is flagged for unsportsmanlike conduct , 15yd penalty , first down!! Lol

already missing football.... 6 months... sigh...
Old 2/17/12, 06:30 PM
Bullitt Member

Originally Posted by ShaneGT

Thanks Gus for this statement, I deal with AM , and Steeda, this is why, both stand up companies that have great customer service.

already missing football.... 6 months... sigh...
Yeah tell me about it! Offseason sucks!
Old 2/17/12, 06:34 PM
Banned

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Baseball is right around the corner!!!! YES!!!
Old 2/17/12, 07:35 PM
GT Member

Just my 2 cents. I have run Steeda Tune with there cold air intake and a bama tune with no other mods. Bama tune gave me quickest et and highest mph not scientifically accurate because not on same day but conditions were similar. That being said both are quality companies and it comes down to personal preference. It also helps that bama does there testing at my local track.My car is an a6 gt. I had no driveability issues with either tune.
Old 2/17/12, 07:37 PM
Post *****

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Originally Posted by 11SHELBYGT500
Baseball is right around the corner!!!! YES!!!

Steeda & American Muscle are both great!
Old 2/18/12, 07:02 AM
Legacy TMS Member

Received 788 Likes on 574 Posts
When you buy tunes from either of these two vendors (Steeda or AM), do you actually get three tunes or do you just buy one at a time? Is there a price difference between those two vendors?
Old 2/18/12, 08:21 AM
Bullitt Member

My tuner came with three preloaded tunes and any changes that I wanted done were promptly made to the tune with no problems don't know about bama.
Old 2/18/12, 08:23 AM
Bullitt Member

Originally Posted by Bmeline916
My tuner came with three preloaded tunes and any changes that I wanted done were promptly made to the tune with no problems don't know about bama.
Steeda 93 race tune is what I'm runnin.
Old 2/18/12, 07:17 PM
GT Member

how do we get the steeda warranty in writing? the one that TJ says they will stand behind you if there tune causes a problem.
Old 2/18/12, 09:23 PM
Bullitt Member

Originally Posted by bud4au01
how do we get the steeda warranty in writing? the one that TJ says they will stand behind you if there tune causes a problem.
Call and talk to them.
Old 2/18/12, 09:40 PM
Cobra R Member

This was a fun read. Lol.
Old 2/19/12, 06:22 AM
Mach 1 Member

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
I am happy with my VMP tune on my auto. Didn't need three tunes as the first one seemed to be exactly what I wanted out of my car. And it's on the conservative side. Going with an off road midpipe now and Justin sent me a revised tune to turn off the rear o2 sensors. No charge.