5.0L GT Modifications Placeholder for future motor based GT's modifications.

Bama vs Steeda.... cant decide what to buy

Search this Thread

Old 2/15/12, 05:54 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Bama vs Steeda.... cant decide what to buy

Im torn right now between the two companys, and im posting to maybe get some help.

I like the steeda tuner/cai system and they also have a future ghost cam tune coming out for the GT auto. I really would like the ghost cam, just because i think it sounds sick. They have a amazing reputation, and make some serious power. Also there CAI is probably the best apearing, as it seems all CAI for the new 5.0 performe the same. I have heard, but cannont confirm that Steeda will do free retunes for future modifications, if they are purchased from steeda.

Bama also has an amazing tune setup. They also have a #8 failure warrenty if ford will not cover it. This alone is huge, just because its nice to know someone has your back if something goes a miss. Bama said they will not be offering the Ghost cam tune for the 11 GT. But they do have free tunes for life. So if i make modifications down the road, i can get tunes to take advantage.

Both are reputable, and i guess it comes down to the possibilty of getting the Ghost cam tune in the future vs a warrenty in case of #8 failure.

Any thoughts or suggestions?

Thanks

My car

2011 Mustang GT/ Auto, Premium Kona Blue, aperance package 5
-2010 GT500 forged 19s, 255 front 285 rear Good year F1 Super cars
-2011 GT500 OEM axle backs.
-CDC painted front chin spoiler
Old 2/15/12, 08:23 AM
GT Member

If you didn't have an auto, I would steer you to Shaun at AED. However, since you have an auto and he has not dialed those in yet, I say Steeda. From the research that I did, Steeda tunes are consistently good, and they have a relationship with Ford that assists them in creating powerful, safe tunes.

Mike
Old 2/15/12, 09:01 AM

Ya i really want to buy the steeda tune/cai. Gus even said they would cover a warrenty #8 failure if it would happen, which he assured me it wouldnt. But still thats the hardest thing to get over.

I should probably just buy the steeda. I emailed him to get some pricing an discount information if any. the Steeda CAI deff looks the best.
Old 2/15/12, 10:41 AM
Shelby GT350 Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Both companies are great and have exceptional customer service. The only advantage Bama has is it's warranty in writing. I reccommend talking to Bama and Steeda both, explain your goals and expectations and go from there. You won't be disappointed with either one.
Old 2/15/12, 10:45 AM
Bullitt Member

Steeda! :headbang: IMO
Old 2/15/12, 12:11 PM
V6 Member

I've got over 12,000mi on my Steeda CAI+Tune (2012 vert). Love it! Car runs great. No problems. Highly recommended.
Old 2/15/12, 12:22 PM

Alright, im buying the steeda.

Did you guys call directly or did you do it through the website?
Old 2/15/12, 01:13 PM
Cobra Member

either company, you cant go wrong.. I did Bama tunes, and will get cai, for suspension ill prolly go steeda.
Old 2/15/12, 03:29 PM
Former Vendor

OP, either way you go, you're sure not be disappointed. Steeda makes fantastic products and their tunes are also in the top-tier of remote tunes, just as our Bama Team's tunes are.

With that said, if you're at all worried about the cylinder #8, make sure you read our warranty. We have a warranty in-place for our customers so that they know we have their back in the event that they were to have issues. We're confident in our tunes and have spent thousands of hours working on them to get them where they are today.

You can read all about our warranty program here: http://lib.store.yahoo.net/lib/musta...222011warranty

Also, we offer free tunes for life, whether you bought the new parts from us or not. Keep that in mind if you plan on upgrading the car beyond just a CAI. The quality of the tunes that you're getting, in my opinion, is un-matched. We own 12+ Company Mustangs and have access to 150,000 square feet of Mustang parts. That means every day we're on the dyno testing different combinations of mods and making sure we're on-point. The stuff we send out is consistent and accurate, safe and powerful.

Like I said, either way you go, you'll be thoroughly pleased. Just make sure you research which would be the best option for you. If you did want to pick up anything through us, be sure to PM me for the 6% forums discount.

I hope this helps, have a good one!

Last edited by AMDanBailer; 2/15/12 at 04:06 PM.
Old 2/15/12, 04:31 PM
Bullitt Member

From reading this I think I'm gonna finally pull the trigger and go Balance with the steeda cai... as soon as I get my tax $$ :-)
Old 2/15/12, 04:31 PM
Bullitt Member

BAMA**
Old 2/15/12, 04:49 PM
Former Vendor

That's a great choice! Steeda makes a great quality product and we've installed and tuned that intake multiple times on our own fleet, and have hundreds of cutomers running the same setup. You won't be disappointed!
Old 2/15/12, 05:12 PM
V6 Member

Originally Posted by MikeR
I've got over 12,000mi on my Steeda CAI+Tune (2012 vert). Love it! Car runs great. No problems. Highly recommended.
you allready have 12k miles on a '12? jeez..... and I thought I was putting on miles quick, bought mine 11/30/11 and just hit 1800 miles
Old 2/15/12, 07:10 PM
V6 Member

Originally Posted by whoah

you allready have 12k miles on a '12? jeez..... and I thought I was putting on miles quick, bought mine 11/30/11 and just hit 1800 miles
Actually... just over 13,500 since May. I installed the CAI after 1,000.

Obviously, this is my daily driver, and I'm loving every mile. By the time I get rid of her, she'll be all used up. No point in saving her for the next guy, right?
Old 2/15/12, 08:52 PM
Shelby GT350 Member

Received 52 Likes on 47 Posts
Burns,

Here is a customer testimonial from stangnet.com. I will let you decided which one you think is better:
Steeda vs. Bama?... No question, Steeda all the way.

Long story short, ordered the SCT & tune from Steeda based on a recommendation here. Ran it for awhile and decided to order the Bama tunes ($150) to see if I could get any more out of the car. The first set of tunes from Bama had problems, my transmission would drop out of gear on a kick down (the car lost all power and bogged down). Called bama, got 3 more tunes... loaded them, weather turned to crap so the car sat, a few weeks later I decided to drive the car on a short trip and it happened twice (once in front of other cars while trying to merge into traffic). Called again, was told to remove the race tune and try a performance tune, car did it again! They wrote one more tune... this time I didn't even get to the highway from my house and it did it. At this point, I figured we wasted enough of each others time... I called again and asked for my money back.

The employee's at Bama where very nice and told me they refunded the money to my card (haven't checked yet, but I will on the next statement). Every time I called, they seemed willing to work with me to solve the problem... but my car is my baby... its not a test vehicle. With that said, I honestly don't think bama knows the auto tranny 5.0's as well as they should".-642mx

We have had 0 failtures with our CAI/Tune. You will be happy with the tune and you will ultimately see the Steeda Difference.

Thanks

TJ

Old 2/15/12, 10:18 PM
Shelby GT350 Member

Originally Posted by tj@steeda
Burns,

Here is a customer testimonial from stangnet.com. I will let you decided which one you think is better:

Long story short, ordered the SCT & tune from Steeda based on a recommendation here. Ran it for awhile and decided to order the Bama tunes ($150) to see if I could get any more out of the car. The first set of tunes from Bama had problems, my transmission would drop out of gear on a kick down (the car lost all power and bogged down). Called bama, got 3 more tunes... loaded them, weather turned to crap so the car sat, a few weeks later I decided to drive the car on a short trip and it happened twice (once in front of other cars while trying to merge into traffic). Called again, was told to remove the race tune and try a performance tune, car did it again! They wrote one more tune... this time I didn't even get to the highway from my house and it did it. At this point, I figured we wasted enough of each others time... I called again and asked for my money back.

The employee's at Bama where very nice and told me they refunded the money to my card (haven't checked yet, but I will on the next statement). Every time I called, they seemed willing to work with me to solve the problem... but my car is my baby... its not a test vehicle. With that said, I honestly don't think bama knows the auto tranny 5.0's as well as they should".-642mx

We have had 0 failtures with our CAI/Tune. You will be happy with the tune and you will ultimately see the Steeda Difference.

Thanks

TJ
TJ, I'm not trying to be a jerk or anything, but are you saying with that post that none of your customers have had any type of driveability issues with a Steeda tune that required revision?
Old 2/15/12, 11:11 PM
GT Member

Lots of good info in this thread. I too have an auto and was either going to go with Amazon or AED but I guess I now have to add steeda to that list. I want someone who is GREAT with the auto tranny and also offers a safe tune which they all do. This is going to be a hard decision.
Old 2/15/12, 11:59 PM
Bullitt Member

STEEDA!! Just do it!
Old 2/16/12, 06:25 AM
Cobra Member

Originally Posted by tj@steeda
Burns,

Thanks

TJ

funny, i been running the performance and race tune with my auto, no issues what so ever. Shifts like a champ.
Old 2/16/12, 07:21 AM
Mach 1 Member

That was kinda douchey

Quick Reply: Bama vs Steeda.... cant decide what to buy