Notices
5.0L GT Modifications Placeholder for future motor based GT's modifications.

Added NVH or Issue?

Search this Thread

Old 4/16/12, 03:22 PM
Bullitt Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Added NVH or Issue?

I'm probably just being paranoid but I have two questions. I am getting a clicking sound every time I engage and disengage the clutch could this be the pressure plate, it's coming directly below me and just a little forward. I installed the MGW shifter so I'm guessing it's just added NVH. Also, prior to adding the MGW I started to hear a clunking sound from the rear but only when changing gears, basically when the new gear engaged I heard this clunk. The noise started after I installed BMR LCA's. Before the install I can't recall if the sound was there and if it was it was probably minimal. It doesn't do it every time, if I shift at higher RPM's it's not there it's mainly in the lower range. I took it to the dealer and they said everything seemed fine. I have been told this is normal drivetrain slop, and probably made louder by the LCA's. It's gotten louder with the MGW probably due to the stiffer bracket as well. The car still shifts great it's just that **** sound, if it's normal drive train slop from the rear and normal pressure plate engagement and disengagement noise from the front than I'm fine with it. Any Ideas?
Old 4/17/12, 05:56 AM
GT Member

What was considered normal driveline slop which mainly comes from the 2 piece drive shaft, has been intensified by harder parts that you installed. Lca's and the MGW....I would invest in a 1 piece d/s, and add more dynomat to the underside of your vehicle around the shifter area...that should reduce the noise.
Old 4/17/12, 06:41 AM
Bullitt Member

Originally Posted by kona stang10
What was considered normal driveline slop which mainly comes from the 2 piece drive shaft, has been intensified by harder parts that you installed. Lca's and the MGW....I would invest in a 1 piece d/s, and add more dynomat to the underside of your vehicle around the shifter area...that should reduce the noise.
Pretty much what most have said. The noise doesn't bother me. It just made me a little unsettled not knowing. 1 piece will be next spring. Thanks