5.0L GT Modifications Placeholder for future motor based GT's modifications.

2011 Twin Turbo Mustang GT

Search this Thread

Old 1/6/12, 08:39 AM
Bullitt Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Very clean set up.
Old 1/6/12, 09:15 AM
Bullitt Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by FromZto5
Though I LOVE this setup... I just can't get over the "voiding the warranty" barrier. With the Ford Whipple, yeah it's less power and probably more clunky, but for $7k plus install, I can get 550hp with warranty... So that's my dilemma.

That's understandable. Some people just have to play it safe and there is nothing wrong with that. There aren't many 'bad' options for this car. Which is precisely why we tried so hard on this setup. To stand above and bring something new to the table.
Old 1/7/12, 09:09 AM
Cobra Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Though I LOVE this setup... I just can't get over the "voiding the warranty" barrier. With the Ford Whipple, yeah it's less power and probably more clunky, but for $7k plus install, I can get 550hp with warranty... So that's my dilemma.
read the fine print... warrenty is not factory, its ford racing warrenty, its shorter than manufacturers, and you may also want to check, my dealer told me i would have to do it at time of purchase, after it you don't qualify for 2y/24kmil warrenty.
Old 1/7/12, 11:16 AM

Originally Posted by ShaneGT
read the fine print... warrenty is not factory, its ford racing warrenty, its shorter than manufacturers, and you may also want to check, my dealer told me i would have to do it at time of purchase, after it you don't qualify for 2y/24kmil warrenty.
You have to talk to your dealer. I got my GT in October. They wanted to install the FRPP SC in my GT Premium for $5500. They said it wouldn't affect my warranty and it came with it's own 3/36k warranty. They couldn't put it in my car because it was an automatic, but the contract was already done so they honored our original deal and installed the Roush and added an addendum to not void my warranty.... and I got a 5 year extended warranty on top of that that excludes NOTHING.

TALK TO YOUR DEALER. And, make sure that they are authorized to specifically install FRPP parts.
Old 1/7/12, 11:32 AM
Cobra Member

Originally Posted by NoVA_Mike
You have to talk to your dealer. I got my GT in October. They wanted to install the FRPP SC in my GT Premium for $5500. They said it wouldn't affect my warranty and it came with it's own 3/36k warranty. They couldn't put it in my car because it was an automatic, but the contract was already done so they honored our original deal and installed the Roush and added an addendum to not void my warranty.... and I got a 5 year extended warranty on top of that that excludes NOTHING.

TALK TO YOUR DEALER. And, make sure that they are authorized to specifically install FRPP parts.
that was a good deal, i guess its all in who you talk to at the dealer.. it is not what they told me, and i had an automatic, so the FR Supercharger was not availaible for me.
Old 1/7/12, 08:25 PM
Cobra Member

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts
Smile

I am really impressed by how much power was produced by the twin turbos and how nice the setup lucks. However, I am even more impressed by how much torque and horespower that automatic trans was able to handle. Now I am wondering how much torque the new Ford auto trans can handle.
Old 1/8/12, 08:36 AM
Cobra Member

Originally Posted by 2 Go Snake
I am really impressed by how much power was produced by the twin turbos and how nice the setup lucks. However, I am even more impressed by how much torque and horespower that automatic trans was able to handle. Now I am wondering how much torque the new Ford auto trans can handle.
read up, he memtioned around 650trq it started slipping. a Trq convertor upgrade would fix that, then on to the next weak link.
Old 1/8/12, 10:14 PM
I Have No Life

Received 172 Likes on 145 Posts
Originally Posted by NoVA_Mike

^ This. Same thing my dealer said. Hence what I said in my earlier post.
Old 1/8/12, 10:16 PM
Mach 1 Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I'm glad to see someone has the deep pockets to run this kind of forced induction that I can't afford to produce. I look forward to seeing what the famous coyote tops out at on stock internals.
Old 1/9/12, 09:26 AM
Bullitt Member

Meanwhile back at the batcave.....

Jon Lund and Michael Rauscher of L&M Engines spent some time this weekend planning out the camshafts for this build. They made some nice breakthroughs and came up with some very trick ideas for the cams for this engine while doing some research on another combo. Also, Boss 302 CNC heads are on their way. This is going to be one of the most advanced Coyote builds to date thanks to Michael.
Old 1/9/12, 04:39 PM
Mach 1 Member

Originally Posted by KenB
Meanwhile back at the batcave.....

Jon Lund and Michael Rauscher of L&M Engines spent some time this weekend planning out the camshafts for this build. They made some nice breakthroughs and came up with some very trick ideas for the cams for this engine while doing some research on another combo. Also, Boss 302 CNC heads are on their way. This is going to be one of the most advanced Coyote builds to date thanks to Michael.

anxiously waiting...
Old 1/11/12, 07:07 AM
Bullitt Member

All the details are finalized and we hope to have the engine by end of next week possibly!
Old 1/11/12, 05:44 PM
Cobra Member

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts
Question

Did you put the auto trans on a scale to see what it weighs ? I am wondering what is the actual weight of the automtic .
Old 1/11/12, 10:39 PM
Bullitt Member

Originally Posted by 2 Go Snake
Did you put the auto trans on a scale to see what it weighs ? I am wondering what is the actual weight of the automtic .
I can try and remember to do that. The car is still together. We are waiting until the new engine is here to take it apart.
Old 1/13/12, 05:43 AM
Bullitt Member

I went ahead and created a site so I have one place for all the pictures videos and news. I'll still keep this thread up to date, but figured a site would help.
Right now there is not much there. I'll probably get it up to date this weekend.

http://twinturbo50.com/
Old 1/13/12, 03:01 PM

Originally Posted by ShaneGT

that was a good deal, i guess its all in who you talk to at the dealer.. it is not what they told me, and i had an automatic, so the FR Supercharger was not availaible for me.
I heard Roush SC kits offer a 3/36k warranty and they offer it to automatics too now.
Old 1/13/12, 03:38 PM
V6 Member

Originally Posted by El Fufi

I heard Roush SC kits offer a 3/36k warranty and they offer it to automatics too now.
Yes, but I think the 3/36 starts from the day you took delivery, but it's still better than the other kits.

I'm leaning toward the Roush kit because my dealer is a Roush dealer, so I'm guessing that if I buy it from them and let them do the install, they will stand behind it.
Old 1/13/12, 03:45 PM
Shelby GT350 Member

Originally Posted by El Fufi

You might want to look into it a little more.

Straight from Roush:
Backed by ROUSHs 3 year / 36,000 mile limited parts warranty (See ROUSH Warranty for details)
Old 1/14/12, 06:50 AM
I Have No Life

Received 172 Likes on 145 Posts
Originally Posted by Hytek

You might want to look into it a little more.

Straight from Roush:
Backed by ROUSHs 3 year / 36,000 mile limited parts warranty (See ROUSH Warranty for details)
Jason, so this means roushs DO come with a 36k warranty on ALL of car right? Not just the roush parts.
Old 1/14/12, 09:33 AM
Shelby GT350 Member

Jason, so this means roushs DO come with a 36k warranty on ALL of car right? Not just the roush parts.

PM sent.

Quick Reply: 2011 Twin Turbo Mustang GT