5.0L GT Modifications Placeholder for future motor based GT's modifications.

2011 Mustang GT 5.0L Going To The Track and Dyno!

Search this Thread

Old 5/3/10, 11:04 PM
eci
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by bpmurr
Maybe the roller weight would explain why their stock GB 2010 GT500 got 510RWHP with just a 93 Octane tune and none of us who bought that tune from them have come anywhere close. Mustang or Dynojet. No offense to Evo but I haven't seen anyone backup the claims on their 2010 GT500 so I watch these 2011 numbers with caution. Some full disclosure by Evo would really help add credibility to all this work.
Totally agree. Too bad we'll get flamed for offering such EDUCATED advice.
Old 5/3/10, 11:04 PM
Cobra Member

Originally Posted by eci
Before people rip JJ a new a-hole and worship Evo, please keep in mind Evo is well known in the GT500 world. Research their history and rep there at SVTPerformance, ModularFords, and TeamShelby. Please don't be nut huggers.
who said we were nut huggers? Another vendor comes into the thread and starts talking and questioning things. I have never spent a dime at Evo however I have spent money with WMS as I had their velocity intake on my cobra even though I said I didn't know who they were. I just wanted them to post some of their info up for those that didn't know.

Sorry we are not sheep...and most of us have an idea of what is out on the forums since most of us are performance minded people and keep up with things including their reputation.
Old 5/3/10, 11:09 PM
Former Vendor

Originally Posted by eci
Totally agree. Too bad we'll get flamed for offering such EDUCATED advice.
Originally Posted by Evolution Performance
The Knock Sensors are very sensitive on the 2010 GT500, almost too sensitive that's why there has been four strategy changes from Ford for the Knock Sensors being to aggressive when hearing noises thinking it was knock even though it wasn't.

When we tune the 2010 GT500's on the dyno we turn the knock sensors off, tune the car with the necessary fuel, timing, DBW changes and then turn the knock sensors back on, but decrease the sensitivity. You maybe be running an old strategy with a higher sensitivity! You can read the strategy with your X3 to find out what it is!
Originally Posted by eci
Before people rip JJ a new a-hole and worship Evo, please keep in mind Evo is well known in the GT500 world. Research their history and rep there at SVTPerformance, ModularFords, and TeamShelby. Please don't be nut huggers. A lot of you guys are falling quick and easy for HYPE and the type of marketing employed by certain tuners.

Please remember Evo is the company that advertises a "50rwhp tune only" for a 2010 GT500 when other respected tuners like VMP can "only" get 13rwhp tune only. Is Evo so good they can get 37rwhp more on that engine?

Please don't screw yourselves guys.
Originally Posted by Evolution Performance
The Knock Sensors are very sensitive on the 2010 GT500, almost too sensitive that's why there has been four strategy changes from Ford for the Knock Sensors being to aggressive when hearing noises thinking it was knock even though it wasn't.

When we tune the 2010 GT500's on the dyno we turn the knock sensors off, tune the car with the necessary fuel, timing, DBW changes and then turn the knock sensors back on, but decrease the sensitivity. You maybe be running an old strategy with a higher sensitivity! You can read the strategy with your X3 to find out what it is!
I answered already!
Old 5/3/10, 11:11 PM
Former Vendor

Here's a 2007 Mustang GT 3V we built for a customer...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mvPnUfYV2Vk
Old 5/3/10, 11:43 PM
Shelby GT500 Member

Its amazing some have blown up!!
I know details won't be released, but man that's something. Maybe soon we will find out?

Sounded like it a was just a "heads up" on what to expect with the new software, but I can see how it read a bit harsh. Hopefully it doesn't happen often lol
Old 5/4/10, 12:33 AM
GT Member

Originally Posted by eci
Before people rip JJ a new a-hole and worship Evo, please keep in mind Evo is well known in the GT500 world. Research their history and rep there at SVTPerformance, ModularFords, and TeamShelby. Please don't be nut huggers. A lot of you guys are falling quick and easy for HYPE and the type of marketing employed by certain tuners.

Please remember Evo is the company that advertises a "50rwhp tune only" for a 2010 GT500 when other respected tuners like VMP can "only" get 13rwhp tune only. Is Evo so good they can get 37rwhp more on that engine?

Please don't screw yourselves guys.
No nut hugging here. I have heard the stories about EVO.

I must admit I was just
Old 5/4/10, 04:44 AM
Shelby GT350 Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
If anything he is scaring away business with the possibility of a tune ruining or blowing up your engine. How many are going to chance that no matter how safe the tuner says their tunes are. It will be time just to sit back with this car and let others be the guinea pigs for awhile. Get some true dyno #'s from people who purchase these bolt ons and tunes not the tuners themselves. Just like Steeda claiming 38 rwhp on their CAI and tune for the 05-09. Never seen that on anyones car.
Old 5/4/10, 04:49 AM
GTR Member

Not to knock on Evo, but eci is right. Wait until other companies get their hands on the car, work on tuning it, and see what can come out of it. It's not like the aftermarket is small for these cars, it's just going to take some time to develop, with all the changes that were made, it stands to reason that a good year or two will really be needed to get a good base of parts out to the public. On top of that, people testing and validating the claims will take some time as well, and that will really start to show you who's got their head on straight.

Evo/anyone, does the 2010 GT500 use an audible knock sensor? I've found those to be troublesome and extremely tough to tune with.
Old 5/4/10, 05:29 AM
V6 Member

Just wanted to clarify that WMS is Woodbine Motorsports not Western Motorsports. There are two WMS's. Sorry for the confusion. My WMS has specialized in the Lightning pickup and has one of the fastest all boost Lightning street trucks in the country (9.83@138) but we also do a ton of local Mustang work and have had several cars in magazines over the years. We are small shop and dedicated to bringing real world results as well as high quality tuning, fabrication and installation as well as excellent customer service to our customers. I will contact the admin' today and inquire about sponsorship.

I also wanted to add that I'm not bashing Evo at all. I have had great business dealings with them in the past and am on a friendly basis with them. I wish them nothing but the best and look forward to a friendly rivalry at the track.

Sorry for OT,

JJ
Old 5/4/10, 05:52 AM
Cobra Member

Received 7 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by N8dawg
Really appreciate the shirt btw

I won one too. I guess the stock hp numbers Thanks EVO!
Old 5/4/10, 07:31 AM
I Have No Life

Received 12 Likes on 11 Posts
Originally Posted by Overboost
Evo/anyone, does the 2010 GT500 use an audible knock sensor? I've found those to be troublesome and extremely tough to tune with.
The new system is even more complicated... the ammount it can do, and the bandwidth it uses to do it, is a lot larger than previous cars.

It's going to be a bit of a trial stage for a lot of tuners, and some that could potentially (or have) end(ed) poorly.
Old 5/4/10, 07:54 AM
Cobra Member

Originally Posted by JJ@WMS
Just wanted to clarify that WMS is Woodbine Motorsports not Western Motorsports. There are two WMS's. Sorry for the confusion. My WMS has specialized in the Lightning pickup and has one of the fastest all boost Lightning street trucks in the country (9.83@138) but we also do a ton of local Mustang work and have had several cars in magazines over the years. We are small shop and dedicated to bringing real world results as well as high quality tuning, fabrication and installation as well as excellent customer service to our customers. I will contact the admin' today and inquire about sponsorship.

I also wanted to add that I'm not bashing Evo at all. I have had great business dealings with them in the past and am on a friendly basis with them. I wish them nothing but the best and look forward to a friendly rivalry at the track.

Sorry for OT,

JJ
ahhh welcome!!
Old 5/4/10, 08:18 AM
Cobra Member

Evo is back at the track this morning..getting ready to run on stock tires again.
Old 5/4/10, 08:37 AM
Shelby GT350 Member

i want to see some auto runs!
Old 5/4/10, 08:46 AM
GT Member

"12.61 @ 108 mph with a 1.96 60ft on the factory street tires!"
Old 5/4/10, 08:51 AM
Mach 1 Member

Originally Posted by Falc'man
That's not too shabby considering the tires. Let's see what they get with the M/Ts.
Old 5/4/10, 08:52 AM
Cobra Member

Originally Posted by Falc'man
interesting the MPH is way down....
Old 5/4/10, 09:04 AM
Cobra Member

Old 5/4/10, 09:09 AM
GTR Member

Originally Posted by Boomer
The new system is even more complicated... the ammount it can do, and the bandwidth it uses to do it, is a lot larger than previous cars.

It's going to be a bit of a trial stage for a lot of tuners, and some that could potentially (or have) end(ed) poorly.
I can imagine. I've dealt with those finicky knock sensors and found that there were other methods to adjust them and avoid tripping/fooling the ECU into thinking the engine was knocking. We made adjustments to inj. pulse width and cycle time and it seemed to help, and also found that some ECUs have inherent load limits that were changed during firmware revisions. They used a series of multipliers in their algorithm that would "signal" knock if the load value exceeded a setpoint. Needless to say, the onion has many layers...
Old 5/4/10, 09:14 AM
GT Member

It's saying "11.8@112 ...1.68" on facebook.

Edit: It appears they're having guessing competitions. Nowhere did Fred say he was giving out more free shirts...

My bad.

Last edited by Falc'man; 5/4/10 at 09:20 AM.

Quick Reply: 2011 Mustang GT 5.0L Going To The Track and Dyno!