Notices
5.0L GT Modifications Placeholder for future motor based GT's modifications.

2011 Mustang GT 5.0L Going To The Track and Dyno!

Search this Thread

Old 5/3/10, 09:10 PM
Former Vendor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by bpmurr
Maybe the roller weight would explain why their stock GB 2010 GT500 got 510RWHP with just a 93 Octane tune and none of us who bought that tune from them have come anywhere close. Mustang or Dynojet. No offense to Evo but I haven't seen anyone backup the claims on their 2010 GT500 so I watch these 2011 numbers with caution. Some full disclosure by Evo would really help add credibility to all this work.
The Knock Sensors are very sensitive on the 2010 GT500, almost too sensitive that's why there has been four strategy changes from Ford for the Knock Sensors being to aggressive when hearing noises thinking it was knock even though it wasn't.

When we tune the 2010 GT500's on the dyno we turn the knock sensors off, tune the car with the necessary fuel, timing, DBW changes and then turn the knock sensors back on, but decrease the sensitivity. You maybe be running an old strategy with a higher sensitivity! You can read the strategy with your X3 to find out what it is!
Old 5/3/10, 09:14 PM
Mach 1 Member

Speaking of tuning software, I always wonder where all the automotive software comes from (be it for tuning or end user nav/entertainment software). Very few computer science professionals take any interest in automotive. I do, but I'm a rare breed. And I have no idea how I would get into it. I can only guess that the auto industry employs a lot of software developers who ultimately have no interest in automotive...just an interest in software and/or money, and that's a shame.
Old 5/3/10, 09:15 PM
V6 Member

Originally Posted by Evolution Performance
It really is some intense stuff....it makes the 2010 Taurus SHO Strategy look like a 93 Mustang GT strategy when comparing to the new 2011 5.0L 4V... People trying to tune this car can cause some serious engine damage very quickly and easily if they apply everything currently know....

The VCT, Torque Management, the chasity belt and other stuff is almost figured out, but in the mean time we will work with what we have, which is better then nothing....
Honestly Fred your really coming off wrong here.

Smoke and mirrors are one thing but making statements that say " People trying to tune this car can cause some serious engine damage very quickly" and "People that don't know what to do with this new type of stradegy are going to hurt some engines!" is not only wrong but misleading to say the least. What your trying to do with this new combination is to be applauded for sure but what your also trying to do by saying, or should I say not saying, about the tuning is ridiculous. Are you seriously now trying to use scare tactics to drum up business?

Do you even personally have a clue about what is involved in tuning a direct injection turbo SHO? To say that the strategy in a SHO is years behind 5.0 is a very bold statement and I for one would appreciate it if you backed up your claims. I'm looking forward to SCT and Diablosport releasing support for the 5.0 and will be personally tuning our own 2011 GT, when that happens I will share everything with the community in a manner that they deserve, with facts, real data and honest to goodness reliable results, not smoke and mirrors. "Pay no attention to the man behind the curtain" will not be our fort'e.

With all due respect, toss everyone a bone here. A simple screenshot of what your using for tuning, or some kind of proof that you actually have the raw calibration file would suffice and shut up people such as myself, but until you do that please accept my input for what it is and thats a response born from your lack of sharing as well as your ability be that man behind the curtain.

JJ
Old 5/3/10, 09:17 PM
Former Vendor

Originally Posted by PTRocks
How are you able to interface with it? Do you have an in-house tool, or are you working with one of the name brand programmers?
I can't talk about this at the moment, in a couple weeks, but not now!

We will have packages ready in the coming weeks that will include a CAI, Custom Tunned SCT X3, Off-Road X-Pipe, Suspension (some 2005-2010 Parts won't fit) among other things!
Old 5/3/10, 09:29 PM
Former Vendor

Originally Posted by JJ@WMS
Honestly Fred your really coming off wrong here.

Smoke and mirrors are one thing but making statements that say " People trying to tune this car can cause some serious engine damage very quickly" and "People that don't know what to do with this new type of stradegy are going to hurt some engines!" is not only wrong but misleading to say the least. What your trying to do with this new combination is to be applauded for sure but what your also trying to do by saying, or should I say not saying, about the tuning is ridiculous. Are you seriously now trying to use scare tactics to drum up business?

Do you even personally have a clue about what is involved in tuning a direct injection turbo SHO? To say that the strategy in a SHO is years behind 5.0 is a very bold statement and I for one would appreciate it if you backed up your claims. I'm looking forward to SCT and Diablosport releasing support for the 5.0 and will be personally tuning our own 2011 GT, when that happens I will share everything with the community in a manner that they deserve, with facts, real data and honest to goodness reliable results, not smoke and mirrors. "Pay no attention to the man behind the curtain" will not be our fort'e.

With all due respect, toss everyone a bone here. A simple screenshot of what your using for tuning, or some kind of proof that you actually have the raw calibration file would suffice and shut up people such as myself, but until you do that please accept my input for what it is and thats a response born from your lack of sharing as well as your ability be that man behind the curtain.

JJ
No screen shot, and that statement is true about the strategy, you have no idea!

There have been people that have blown up two of these engines trying to tune them but I can't discuss it, and those people/company aren't amateurs!

Just site tight, everything will be sorted out with the tuning by the time your car arrives....

Any more questions like this and they will be ignored, this is not a subject that can be discussed... PERIOD!

Last edited by Evolution Performance; 5/3/10 at 09:35 PM.
Old 5/3/10, 09:35 PM
V6 Member

No screen shot, and that statement is true about the strategy, you have no idea!

There have been people that have blown up two of these engines trying to tune them but I can't discuss it, and those people/company aren't amateurs!

Just site tight, everything will be sorted out with the tuning by the time your car arrives....

Any more questions like this and they will be ignored, this is not a subject that can be discussed... PERIOD!
As in blown up two engines from production Mustang's they've received or pre-production stuff?
Old 5/3/10, 09:36 PM
Former Vendor

Originally Posted by DeathChill
As in blown up two engines from production Mustang's they've received or pre-production stuff?
Pre-Production
Old 5/3/10, 09:41 PM
V6 Member

Pre-Production
Eh, makes me a bit less worried. Would be a bit more concerned if it was the production stuff.
Old 5/3/10, 09:41 PM
V6 Member

I will have an idea soon enough Fred. I will have a dump file from a car by the end of the week and I'll make sure to check it out.

With these cars being on the forefront of technology I look forward to getting the most out of these calibrations and making sure they run well and do exactly what I advertise they will do. If they truly are as "complicated' as you state with the chance to do damage if done incorrectly then I will know that for sure once I look at the calibration.

I do however doubt that all the tuning will be sorted out by the time we get our car, hell there are still some things that are being tweaked and changed even by you guys on cars that have been out for awhile. To think you will have the 5.0 nailed down within the next week or so is a very bold statement but by checking your signature on how many 2011 cars you have ordered shows me that your putting alot of eggs in one basket and relying heavily on this vehicle to carry Evo for quite sometime, but be careful Fred, sometimes all of your eggs in one basket is not such a good idea but I wish you luck nonetheless and look forward to seeing you guys at the racetrack.

It all comes out in the wash.

JJ
Old 5/3/10, 09:44 PM
Former Vendor

Originally Posted by DeathChill
Eh, makes me a bit less worried. Would be a bit more concerned if it was the production stuff.
It has nothing to do with it being pre-production, a lot has to do with the VCT and a ton of other stuff in the strategy that is brand new!
Old 5/3/10, 09:47 PM
Cobra Member

I will have an idea soon enough Fred. I will have a dump file from a car by the end of the week and I'll make sure to check it out.

With these cars being on the forefront of technology I look forward to getting the most out of these calibrations and making sure they run well and do exactly what I advertise they will do. If they truly are as "complicated' as you state with the chance to do damage if done incorrectly then I will know that for sure once I look at the calibration.

I do however doubt that all the tuning will be sorted out by the time we get our car, hell there are still some things that are being tweaked and changed even by you guys on cars that have been out for awhile. To think you will have the 5.0 nailed down within the next week or so is a very bold statement but by checking your signature on how many 2011 cars you have ordered shows me that your putting alot of eggs in one basket and relying heavily on this vehicle to carry Evo for quite sometime, but be careful Fred, sometimes all of your eggs in one basket is not such a good idea but I wish you luck nonetheless and look forward to seeing you guys at the racetrack.

JJ
where is your site at? Can you share any of your accomplishments regarding Mustangs etc? Just curious as I have never heard of your business before.
Old 5/3/10, 09:51 PM
Former Vendor

JJ
Two bad SCT X3's don't work on the car.....
Old 5/3/10, 09:58 PM
V6 Member

Two bad SCT X3's don't work on the car.....
We will have packages ready in the coming weeks that will include a CAI, Custom Tunned SCT X3

I have a full aresenal of flash modules here Fred and am a dealer for most all the tuning companies. SCT, Diablo, HPtuners etc... and even if I have a problem dumping out the stock file I have other methods to get the calibration, not to worry.

JJ
Old 5/3/10, 10:03 PM
Former Vendor

I have a full aresenal of flash modules here Fred and am a dealer for most all the tuning companies. SCT, Diablo, HPtuners etc... and even if I have a problem dumping out the stock file I have other methods to get the calibration, not to worry.

JJ
I wish you all the luck in the world!
Old 5/3/10, 10:04 PM
GTR Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I wonder if they're using a Hypertech programmer. They've really been rolling out a lot of new platform support in the past year or so.

Also, I did some tuning work with a Cobb Accessport for my Speed6 before selling the unit to make some cash for the 'Stang, and there's a lot that goes into that. That also has a lot of adjustment with VVT and the DI setup (obviously N/A for this motor), but I can only imagine the learning curve for something like this. Glad to hear you've got something in the works Fred, can't wait to see some B&A numbers with it.
Old 5/3/10, 10:18 PM
Former Vendor

Back on topic....

I will be updating our facebook page all day tomorrow live from the track, please click the link below and follow our updates tomorrow...

http://www.facebook.com/pages/Evolution-Performance-Inc/262882950647
Old 5/3/10, 10:32 PM
Cobra R Member

sorry ur gettin so much **** fred lol. some people are just impatient

good luck at the track tomorrow, and ill likely be hitting you up for a tune on mine.

im assuming the copperhead will store when/how many times its been flashed right?
Old 5/3/10, 10:38 PM
GT Member

Originally Posted by todd03blown
where is your site at? Can you share any of your accomplishments regarding Mustangs etc? Just curious as I have never heard of your business before.
I can hear crickets and pins dropping.
Old 5/3/10, 10:46 PM
Cobra Member

Originally Posted by All-Or-Nothing
I can hear crickets and pins dropping.
LOL!! I was wondering why the WMS person never did reply...I guess he must have overlooked my post
Old 5/3/10, 10:58 PM
eci
Banned

Before people rip JJ a new a-hole and worship Evo, please keep in mind Evo is well known in the GT500 world. Research their history and rep there at SVTPerformance, ModularFords, and TeamShelby. Please don't be nut huggers. A lot of you guys are falling quick and easy for HYPE and the type of marketing employed by certain tuners.

Please remember Evo is the company that advertises a "50rwhp tune only" for a 2010 GT500 when other respected tuners like VMP can "only" get 13rwhp tune only. Is Evo so good they can get 37rwhp more on that engine?

Please don't screw yourselves guys.

Last edited by eci; 5/3/10 at 11:02 PM.

Quick Reply: 2011 Mustang GT 5.0L Going To The Track and Dyno!